• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT5| The Man In the High Chair

Status
Not open for further replies.
Friday on the eve of a massive hurricane tearing up Texas, Trump signs the Transgender ban memo. So transparent.

Oh yeah and North Korea fired off three more ballistic missiles, too!

Was the Katrina response really bungled because of Michael Brown? I would have figured it was bungled because of general government bureaucracy and people not prepared / taking the crisis seriously, which I imagine is more of an institutional malaise than an individual one.

Edit: And our government's inability to care about poor / black / poor black people.
There was a lot of pressure to prepare for a terrorist attack. When FEMA sent its first supplies to facilities in New Orleans, the responders were surprised to open the boxes and find drugs that were intended for chemical attacks.

A President with some modicum of control over his political allies and subordinates can exert a certain level of "get your asses in there and fix this" if things are looking too bad.
Trump definitely cannot
Trump literally has to do nothing except approve the recommendations of Brock Long. Morever it was probably Bush and Cheney that caused the Katrina response to be so farcical anyway, which is a case of overinterfering, not underinvolvement.
Friday on the eve of a massive hurricane tearing up Texas, Trump signs the Transgender ban memo. So transparent.

Oh yeah and North Korea fired off three more ballistic missiles, too!
completely unrelated. what kind of mental contortions do you subject yourself to on a daily basis to get yourself to chide the president for multitasking?
Trump saying good luck is him giving up the responsibility of helping states with disasters and hopeful the trust of the states themselves now.
This ignores literally everything FEMA is doing per their historical responsibilities. There was even a whole press conference about it.

Trump literally has to do nothing except approve the recommendations of Brock Long. Morever it was probably Bush and Cheney that caused the Katrina response to be so farcical anyway, which is a case of overinterfering, not underinvolvement.
completely unrelated. what kind of mental contortions do you subject yourself to on a daily basis to get yourself to chide the president for multitasking?
This ignores literally everything FEMA is doing per their historical responsibilities. There was even a whole press conference about it.

I missed it. Can you send me a link?

I know you like being contrarian for the sake of it, or whatever, but this is a ridiculous condescending post.

It's basic PR 101 to do things you don't want anyone to hear about it when they're unlikely to hear much about it.

Was the Katrina response really bungled because of Michael Brown? I would have figured it was bungled because of general government bureaucracy and people not prepared / taking the crisis seriously, which I imagine is more of an institutional malaise than an individual one.

Edit: And our government's inability to care about poor / black / poor black people.
Brown was a trainwreck and Bush wasn't helping, but, yeah, in my opinion it was a broader bureaucracy issue and a ton of racism more than the administration's fault directly.

Trump just pardoned Sheriff Joe.

DIHSx4RXYAA--4A

Yes, he's doing this horrible shit now to hide it in the weekend hurricane coverage.

Something Wolf pointed out a while ago - Democrats would be extremely foolish not to pursue nonpartisan redistricting reforms wherever they can next year via ballot initiative. There's already an effort in Michigan, and Florida and Ohio already have them, they just need to be toughened up. Democrats could also stand to gain a seat each out of fair maps in Arkansas (ironically a Dem gerrymander), Nebraska and Utah.

DIHSx4RXYAA--4A

Yes, he's doing this horrible shit now to hide it in the weekend hurricane coverage.
Fuck you fuck you fuck you fuck you fuck you

Pixieking

Banned

DIHSx4RXYAA--4A

This sucks, but also, is all grist to the mill for the case against Trump

The Problem of Donald Trump’s Constitution, Part II: The Prospect of an Arpaio Pardon

Among the more conventional considerations: the case is fresh, and with Arpaio’s lawyers readying the appeal of a decision issued in July, the president would be intervening in the middle of a legal proceeding yet to run its course. If Trump just jumps in and by executive fiat ends the matter, a pardon will have every appearance of being direct interference in the administration of justice.

An act of this kind cannot fail to affect Mueller and his team as they investigate obstruction of justice and evaluate evidence bearing on the President’s motives and respect for law. Trump will have added more telling detail to the picture prosecutors are piecing together of “how he operates.”.

Gorka was pushed out of important positions months ago right after it started being reported that he was a real nazi and a fake doctor, and he was ping ponging between departments with no real job. John Kelly is tying up loose ends.

He better hope he doesn't mess up the hurricane, otherwise it'll be so easy to bring up that he was pardoning his buddies and banning trans soldiers while people were dying.

About the same amount of contortions it takes for you to willfully ignore the obvious want of this White House to hide an unpopular policy change and the pardoning of a racist shit hell like Arpaio behind a CAT4 hurricane dominating the news cycle. Unless your just being willfully naive as fuck at which point, proceed I suppose.

Mmm, I think he believes what he did was a tactical move. I'm afraid not, people will roast him for this.

Was it supposed to make him more popular with his base? The nazis will like him no matter what, and the """secrecy""" (not very secret, but media likes to put "quietly" in headlines) means that the admin is aware that this will turn everybody else off. The strategy is dumb.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
Someone will write a book in 4 years called The Top 100 Disgraces of Donald Trump and this will be like #7 on the list.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom