• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT5| The Man In the High Chair

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tammany Larynx deserves no mentions.

Fuck... how did I miss this? What a terrible day.

BREAKING: Sessions' DOJ says that gay people aren't protected from discrimination under Title VII.

https://twitter.com/chrisgeidner/status/890350260551340039

I expected this to happen, sadly. Thankfully, if you read the story, the Justice Department has only submitted an amicus curae brief and hasn't argued the case themselves. The court's decision, whether pro- or anti-gay, probably won't be affected.

I hope this case or one like it reaches the SC while we still have Kennedy. He would ensure that LGBT protections become enshrined in the Civil Rights Act - at least I'd hope so, given his record and the Obergefell decision..

bgbball31

Pres Trump dedicated to putting radical Muslims in graves whereas Pres Obama was dedicated to putting men in the ladies room. #MAGA

Everyone's "pretty" bigot, Tomi Lahren.

Fuck ANYBODY who finds value in engaging her

No one is going to post Matthew Dowd's fantastic response to this?

Ummm, didn't Pres. Obama have Bin Laden killed and didn't Pres. Trump wander into ladies rooms at Miss AMerica pageants?

https://twitter.com/matthewjdowd/status/890332315397652480

Pyrokai

I am so glad this man is my senator. He is the one single thing I will miss when I leave Ohio.

Don't leave and continue the cluster to the coasts and maybe we can keep him for longer.

This is the problem Democrats face and why they'll continue to lose seats.

Columbus is pretty rad. Just move there! :p

Edit: That being said, stay at least until after the midterms. The Senate NEEDS Brown!

Anyone wanna take bets on how long it's gonna be before Trump pulls out that shelved "religious freedom" EO? :/ Save it for a bad Russia week, I guess.

For what it's worth, realize it's getting worse because Trump, the GOP, & his admin are getting more desperate.

True. And if Skinny Bitch Repeal fails, another wheel will fall off.

Ironically, Sessions might be the anal plug preventing even more shit from spewing out.

For what it's worth, realize it's getting worse because Trump, the GOP, & his admin are getting more desperate.

Don't get me wrong, I know that this is all going to burn them in the end and is the result of their really losing their shit, but damn. Still fucking sucks.

kirblar

lol literally the governor before Brownback was a pro choice liberal Democrat
Ya, and things changed pretty quickly!

The moderate GOPers are turning on the extreme flank there- they'd actually be a legitimate upgrade over their current staff- whether they could make it through a primary? Who knows.

Sobriquet

Normally? No. Now? Who the fuck knows.
That's what I figured.

Kathleen Sebelius was the governor until she became Obama's Secretary of Health and Human Services in 2009.
Interesting! So Kansas hasn't been fucked up for that long. Kind of like North Carolina.

I expected this to happen, sadly. Thankfully, if you read the story, the Justice Department has only submitted an amicus curae brief and hasn't argued the case themselves. The court's decision, whether pro- or anti-gay, probably won't be affected.

I hope this case or one like it reaches the SC while we still have Kennedy. He would ensure that LGBT protections become enshrined in the Civil Rights Act - at least I'd hope so, given his record and the Obergefell decision..
I hope so, man.

I read that article where Eric Cantor admits their repeal Obamacare crusade was just bullshit.

I got angry
at myself for remembering that I find Cantor attractive.

Ya, and things changed pretty quickly!

The moderate GOPers are turning on the extreme flank there- they'd actually be a legitimate upgrade over their current staff- whether they could make it through a primary? Who knows.
I mean, it's ridiculous to say Democrats can't normally win the governorship there because it is both plausible that they will win it in the future and as recently as 2006 have won it in the past. It's been like going into 2014 saying it's impossible for Democrats to lose the Massachusetts governorship because they'd won it during the past two elections and it's a dark blue state.

I read that article where Eric Cantor admits their repeal Obamacare crusade was just bullshit.

I got angry
at myself for remembering that I find Cantor attractive.

image.php

Please love yourself.

I mean, it's ridiculous to say Democrats can't normally win the governorship there because it is both plausible that they will win it in the future and as recently as 2006 have won it in the past. It's been like going into 2014 saying it's impossible for Democrats to lose the Massachusetts governorship because they'd won it during the past two elections and it's a dark blue state.

To be fair, we only lost that one because of Martha Choakley and her loser stench.

see, i would've just argued "it's impossible for Democrats to lose the MA governorship unless they do something dumb as hell like nominate Coakley again"

Teggy

I hope someday the Dems can get enough seats to put their healthcare plan in place and name it "Obamacare". Even if it has nothing to do with with Obama.

Until he gets a call from old Shelley Adelson...

Before the election (when I was still capable of considering people right of center as "friends"), my Republican classmates tried to convince me that Portman was One of the Good Ones, enough to balance out Strickland's inherent shittyness. That he wasn't a party line kinda guy, he had a conscience!

ahahahahahahaha

kirblar

It's not ridiculous when you have the GOP with 2/3rds to 75% control of both houses. When looking at chances, you take into account the current state of affairs, not a history book.

Blue states electing R governors is common, state level R parties in them are normally much more moderate as a result of the electorate. The inverse is not true, though Dems can/do win.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom