• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF Election Day 2008 Thread of A New Dawn in America (OBAMA ELECT)

Status
Not open for further replies.
lawblob said:
As someone raised Mormon, let me say I am very, very sorry that my religion is funding that garbage. That shit sickens me...
Has the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints stopped to realize what the public opinion will be of them if this thing passes?

Red Scarlet

polyh3dron said:
Has the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints stopped to realize what the public opinion will be of them if this thing passes?

It's probably 10+ pages back now, but some people posted statements from some members (leaders?) of LDS that said the same thing.

Anyone going to grab today's local paper as well as tomorrow's? I was just going to get tomorrow's but I am thinking about picking up today's as well.

phalestine

aka iby.h
where I work is a polling location, ill see if I can take some pics and upload them. but I dont expect much, small county this is.

Amir0x

Banned
Alright, I'll be on intermittently throughout the day I hope, but it's going to be a loooooong day. Let's get this shit done.

eznark

Banned
Finally this shit will be over and we can all be happily on our way to a Carterian economy.

I'm guessing landslide for the one and 58 seats for the Dems.

Grug

I get the feeling the thirst for drama is behind some people saying they are on edge.

Obama is home people, and you know it. That's exciting enough without you having to pretend its close. :lol

eznark

Banned
-Kees- said:
And it's going to be sunny and 74 in Indiana. Let's do this Indy.

Holy crap, I was in Indiana all weekend (southeast, just outside of Cincy) the ads there are fucking ridiculous. So damn funny. Living in Boston no one spends any money here (except Shaheen and Sununu, which featured the filthiest ads I have ever seen) so it was hilarious to see some of those GOP/Dem ridiculousness.

AniHawk

All right people. Gonna go to bed. Won't be back for about 12-15 hours.

Let's put this thing away.

Good luck to everyone.

Ventron

Being an Aussie, it'll all be over by the time I wake up tomorrow. Cant decide whether its good or bad that I'll be sleeping throughout the election period.

Also, I would have said "posting in a legendary thread" but thats probably a banned meme now. Still, this thread will probably be as epic as it gets unless there will be a separate results thread

camineet

Banned
Well I'm out of here in a few minutes, gonna be voting with 7 or 8 other people.

Even though Illinois is solidly democratic, it's time to add to Obama's popular vote count for the country :D

I shouldn't have napped earlier, now I can't get myself to go to bed. I keep hanging on, expecting something big to happen, even though I know I'd be better off asleep. I'm going to develop canker sores from stress, and a headache from reading all the things Ultima IX did wrong.

Maybe I'll just sleep through tomorrow...

Loudninja

camineet said:
Well I'm out of here in a few minutes, gonna be voting with 7 or 8 other people.

Even though Illinois is solidly democratic, it's time to add to Obama's popular vote count for the country :D

Yeah! lets do this.

xabre

Banned
I'll throw in a non-American prediction for the hell of it. And it's a high one.

Obama 393
McCain 145

Three reasons. One is I believe Obama will out perform the polls. Polling has not accurately captured the enthusiasm of the dems, and the surges in the black and youth votes. Second is the Obama ground game, it'll prove decisive in tipping those lean McCain states (like Georgia, like N. Dakota etc) into the Obama column. Third is that turnout for McCain will disappoint.

HOLY SHIT I ALMOST VOTED MCCAIN!

I am blind as fuck I hate my eyes now :(

there was over 80 people in line at 6AM in Bridgeport CT

I got my paper ballot with my plan to vote DEMS across the line... the top line was GOP and the second line was DEMS. The room was dimly lit and kinda dark for my bad vision... I started to fill in my dems when I was done I took off my glasses and looked at my ballot again and I almost screamed... I was sweating bullets looking around the room for help. I voted McCain and Friends!

Thank God it only took 60 seconds to get a new paper ballot to replace my fuck up.

+ 1 OBAMA and Friends

god I am blind as fuck!

I voted the way I wanted in the end so I am Happy!

Btw, I've been voting for about 6 years here in California and I've never had to wait more than 5 minutes to vote.

Anyone else in southern California ever experience long lines? What's up with the rest of the country? Do you guys not have enough polling places?

Tim-E

My election day starts off with an exam at 8 AM, but after that it's smooth sailing doing nothing but following the results. Good luck, GAF.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
Smiles and Cries said:

I got my paper ballot with my plan to vote DEMS across the line... the top line was GOP and the second line was DEMS. The room was dimly lit and kinda dark for my bad vision... I started to fill in my dems when I was done I took off my glasses and looked at my ballot again and I almost screamed... I was sweating bullets looking around the room for help. I voted McCain and Friends!

Thank God it only took 60 seconds to get a new paper ballot to replace my fuck up.

+ 1 OBAMA and Friends

god I am blind as fuck!

When Obama is president you might be able to afford yourself some glasses.

VALIS

Just got back. +1 Obama. My cell phone snap of my votes came out shitty, though. :(

HOLY SHIT PACKED! Never have I seen 1/4th of this many people in my polling place on election day even at 4pm or 7pm, never mind at 6am. Maybe this was the "before I leave for work" rush crowd, but there had to be 100 people lined up when normally there are about 10 people.

Loudninja

VALIS said:
Just got back. +1 Obama. My cell phone snap of my votes came out shitty, though. :(

HOLY SHIT PACKED! Never have I seen 1/4th of this many people in my polling place on election day even at 4pm or 7pm, never mind at 6am. Maybe this was the "before I leave for work" rush crowd, but there had to be 100 people lined up when normally there are about 10 people.

Where did you vote if you don't mind me asking?

sp0rsk said:
When Obama is president you might be able to afford yourself some glasses.
:lol I had my glasses on the first time... for the replacement ballot I took them off and just focused on each pick I saw better without them. My eyes cannot be helped by glasses though but I still need Obama to do something about my Sickle Cell Issues

I AM SO HAPPY I VOTED BAMS!

Loudninja

Smiles and Cries said:
:lol I had my glasses on the first time... for the replacement ballot I took them off and just focused on each pick I saw better without them. My eyes cannot be helped by glasses though but I still need Obama to do something about my Sickle Cell Issues

I AM SO HAPPY I VOTED BAMS!

Is name is not BAMS,,are you are you check the right box? ;)

Desperado

Red Scarlet said:
Are you surrre?
Both times I've voted this year (primaries and early voting last week) I had to check to see that I actually selected the right things like 10 times over. I'm always paranoid I hit something wrong.

I wish you could print out a receipt of your ballot :lol

Nolan.

Smiles and Cries said:

+ 1 OBAMA and Friends

god I am blind as fuck!

Haha not sure why that made me laugh so much but anyway this election is just electric.

Pros:

-Represented for Bams this morning
-talked to the person behind me in line who has lived in the neighborhood for a while (I moved to my new area a year ago), and he said that the 6am turnout seems to have tripled since last year

Cons:

-I waited 45 minutes because the old woman taking roll was forgetful and belligerent
-I live in Kentucky

Brodequin

(Richmond, VA) I live across the street from an elementary school and there are about 100 outside waiting inline, not sure how many are actually indoors. Rain is predicted all day throughout the area so I'm afraid that may negatively affect turnout.

Rlan

2008-11-04.gif

Zabka

In & out in 5 minutes in NY. Nothing is more satisfying than locking in your choices and pulling that big mechanical lever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom