• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF Election Day 2008 Thread of A New Dawn in America (OBAMA ELECT)

Status
Not open for further replies.
+1 Obama in NY. In and out in 5 minutes in Brooklyn.

barackheisman-1.jpg

Go Obama!

Flesh Into Gear said:
i know you live by me. you didnt by chance have to go to Weston Field?

YOU CANT SLOW DOWN AMERICA
But at this rate I'm falling more and more back! I should skim this thread more instead of clicking on every link.

But YEAAAH OBAMA WINS DICKVILLE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chrono

Banned
Koshiro said:
I think I speak for all of Europe when I say: please get it right this time.

Europe? Try the whole fucking world. :lol

Except maybe Israel. :p

To be fair though Bush barely won in 2004 and had miserable approval ratings so it's not like the US is this insane right-wing country that everybody loved to make it look like for the past few years.

Chrono said:
Europe? Try the whole fucking world. :lol

Except maybe Israel. :p

To be fair though Bush barely won in 2004 and had miserable approval ratings so it's not like the US is this insane right-wing country that everybody loved to make it look like for the past few years.
Perspicacity said:
Canadian here, just writing to wish America good luck, for all our sakes.

WE DON'T LET FORIGNERS ELECT PRESI-DENTS, WE'RE VOTIN FOR AMERICA

Wray

+1 Obama in NY State.

Was in an out in about 10 minutes exactly at 6am. Long lines are being reported on the local radio stations in most places around here though "heavily democratic area".

The hopium is running high this morning!

Tim-E

eznark said:
so where are you guys following returns?

Throughout the day I'll be reading the several sites I frequent while sticking mainly to the CNN.com link someone posted earlier and flipping between CNN and MSNBC (and Fox News for the lulz).

Kreed

Obama already got my vote in Florida. Hopefully the rest of the state doesn't mess things up for the third time.

D

Deleted member 20415

Unconfirmed Member
+1 Obama in New Jersey.

The place was fairly packed at 6 a.m. There were lines forming outside before they even opened. Lets do this thing America!

Side note: Some Starbucks don't like democracy and will turn you away, sans coffee....

camineet

Banned
+6 Obama!
Me and five other people i know followed through on our plan to vote early this morning. The other people that had planned to vote with us decided they'll go later today.

There was a 7 minute wait, not too long of a line. I live in a Republican part of democratic-Illinois (Fox Lake). All white voters at my polling place. I'm sure some of them were for Obama but I saw a few right-wing Republican types, i'm sure they were *not* there to vote Obama.

One person that was obviously pro-Obama was talking to her friend about how she couldn't believe that a black man was about to get elected President. She shed a few tears and seemed to be overwhelmed with joy. Other people were talking about how they've lost their job or feeling afraid they might lose their job soon. Another guy with 3 kids had just lost his home because of forclosure. The people here seemed really concerned about what's happening these days. There seemed to be a significant amount of emotion, including fear, but also, hopefulness. Overall I felt pretty good about taking part in this election.

Lich_King

Wow, people in this thread are crazy about Obama more than any communist ever was about Lenin, or any nazi about Hitler

FAIL, CNN.com. "rewrites" history? We're electing Obama, not Stalin!

Well, people elected Stalin at first too :lol
I for one welcome our new Dark Emperor and creation of Galactic Empire :D

Masenkame

Just voted in CT, my first time voting. Voted straight democratic, OBAMA-BIDEN!

No on question 1, yes on Question 2.

It's getting busy, I was in and out quickly, but it started filling up very quickly.

D

Deleted member 20415

Unconfirmed Member
Gary Whitta said:
Aha, CNN fixed their headline!

I love that CNN has that big picture of Dixville Notch. This is their Super Bowl. For anyone that doesn't know. Dixville Notch is historically the first place to cast their ballot for the Presidency. They get everyone in town together (not many people - it's northern N.H.) and at 12:01 a.m. they start casting their ballots.

Always kinda fun to hear what they are voting.

FTA
cnn.com said:
Dixville Notch consistently leans Republican. The last Democrat it picked was Hubert Humphrey over Richard Nixon in 1968.

Oh shit.... ;) jk

eznark

Banned
Which are the senate races to watch? I know Minnesota is close, but which others would the left have to win to take 60 seats?

camineet said:
+6 Obama!
Me and five other people i know followed through on our plan to vote early this morning. The other people that had planned to vote with us decided they'll go later today.

There was a 7 minute wait, not too long of a line. I live in a Republican part of democratic-Illinois (Fox Lake). All white voters at my polling place. I'm sure some of them were for Obama but I saw a few right-wing Republican types, i'm sure they were *not* there to vote Obama.

One person that was obviously pro-Obama was talking to her friend about how she couldn't believe that a black man was about to get elected President. She shed a few tears and seemed to be overwhelmed with joy. Other people were talking about how they've lost their job or feeling afraid they might lose their job soon. Another guy with 3 kids had just lost his home because of forclosure. The people here seemed really concerned about what's happening these days. There seemed to be a significant amount of emotion, including fear, but also, hopefulness. Overall I felt pretty good about taking part in this election.
Fear and hope basically summarize this year and election.

sangreal

camineet said:
The other people that had planned to vote with us decided they'll go later today

Don't trust them! Drag them to the polls... even if you are in IL we need to run up the popular vote!

besada

Banned
Lich_King said:
Wow, people in this thread are crazy about Obama more than any communist ever was about Lenin, or any nazi about Hitler

Ah, it's going to be a day full of stupid guys. We're going to have ever brain damaged junior member and gaming side troll in here.

Cheesemeister said:
Why can't we rewrite history if we want to?
We are writing new history, not rewriting existing history. If you want to rewrite history I guess you can, but that's not what is happening today.

Stridone

Banned
MinionBE said:
Belgians for Obama! Don't let us down people!

I'll join in on behalf of the Dutch. Won't be there to experience it with PoliGAF due to timezone difference, but tomorrow morning will be fucking scary for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom