• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF Interim Thread of cunning stunts and desperate punts

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhatSaqs

Banned
She's not even ready for basic questioning from the media and yet McCain says shes "absolutely" ready to be president. :lol

What a fucking joke.

Zeliard

Crayon Shinchan said:
Obama is ahead on a lot of incidental indicators as well, such as outselling McCain on halloween masks (the candidate who has had more masks sold has won in the last 20 years), been ahead on labor day (all but 2 presidents?)... anyone have anymore? It'd be interesting to see.

Political history in the U.S. shows that voters are very reluctant to keep a political party in office for three straight terms.

Tamanon

Banned
CharlieDigital said:
I can't even imagine one useful and/or diplomatic thing that she could say to any world leader..........

"Which direction are you from Alaska? I'm in the telescope market to bone up on my foreign policy."

what in the flying fuck is wrong with Biden. he is performing very badly

AIG flip flop
Coal Gaffe
Ad not approved Gaf

and all these in the last 24 hours

WHT TH FUCK

Imm0rt4l

Y2Kev said:
Don't you guys think she wants to talk to the media? She must know how extraordinary this protective shield is and it has to be personally demeaning to her.

I think she's aware of her inability, and thinks of it more as a blessing than anything else.

Tamanon

Banned
artredis1980 said:

AIG flip flop
Coal Gaffe
Ad not approved Gaf

WHT TH FUCK

Does it matter? He won't get coverage for it:p

mj1108

CharlieDigital said:
I can't even imagine one useful and/or diplomatic thing that she could say to any world leader..........

"Have you ever tasted moose before?"
"I have a globe. Can you point to me on the globe where your country is?"

artredis1980 said:

AIG flip flop
Coal Gaffe
Ad not approved Gaf

WHT TH FUCK

Considering Biden has had almost no coverage the past couple of weeks, it's likely it'll end up falling by the wayside and go unnoticed.

kevm3

artredis1980 said:

AIG flip flop
Coal Gaffe
Ad not approved Gaf

WHT TH FUCK

Yeah, I was about to get on Biden lately. He's seriously been 'underperforming' as a runningmate. I mean this guy keeps doing small things that are starting to agitate me. Every now and then, he hits McCain good, but other than that, he's virtually invisible except when he's generating gaffes such as, "Hillary would be a better choice," or the things he's pulling today.

That's why I'm not going to count on him delivering a knock out during the debates. Just as much as he calls McCain friend, he might try to go light on Sarah because she's a poor ol' woman. We'll see though. He really needs to start watching himself though.

Obama CAN spin this into a postiive though. He can say, "Guys, remember when I told you that I chose Biden as a governance choice? I absolutely mean it, and you are starting to see that today. Joe and I aren't going to agree on everything, and that is a good thing, because it allows me to look at a situation from the widest perspective possible and will aid me in making the best decision possible. We saw what a 'yes' man got us the last 8 years. "

Cloudy

Banned
PhatSaqs said:
She's not even ready for basic questioning from the media and yet McCain says shes "absolutely" ready to be president. :lol

What a fucking joke.

The joke's on us cos half the country buys it :\

ps: This is why the Biden pick was brilliant for Obama. No scandals and any fukkups aren't magnified. Plus he helps lock up PA and DE

its not that biden is being biden, its that he has opposite remarks to some issues than Obama, its ok to have that inside the oval office when nobody is listening but for the American public, have the 2 candidates going different ways on different issues will just bring more doubt into Obama's abilities

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search

Imm0rt4l

an ad isn't really an issue.

for what it's worth, I thought the ad was crap. Biden is giving real straight talk, luckily he doesn't get much coverage anyways, it would suck for this to actually get any attention though.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
artredis1980 said:
its not that biden is being biden, its that he has opposite remarks to some issues than Obama, its ok to have that inside the oval office when nobody is listening but for the American public, have the 2 candidates going different ways on different issues will just bring more doubt into Obama's abilities
This election is about Obama, Palin and (out of necessity) McCain. No one cares about Biden. He could start pooping on babies and no one would notice.

I think it's a good thing. Biden is showing that he's his own person, can make his own decisions/opinions, etc. Stark contrast to Palin

And besides, at the end of the week no one will be saying "did you hear what Biden said about the great depression and FDR lol"

Tamanon

Banned
Besides, I think the news is going to be pretty centrally focused on the big "bailout" where we may as well just take $700 billion and light it on fire.

blahness

PhoenixDark said:
I think it's a good thing. Biden is showing that he's his own person, can make his own decisions/opinions, etc. Stark contrast to Palin

And besides, at the end of the week no one will be saying "did you hear what Biden said about the great depression and FDR lol"

i agree, i think its good that he voices his own opinion on matters.

Loudninja

Tamanon said:
Besides, I think the news is going to be pretty centrally focused on the big "bailout" where we may as well just take $700 billion and light it on fire.

All day and for the last hour,I thought he was talking about real news not the blogs.

blahness said:
i agree, i think its good that he voices his own opinion on matters.
Yeah Biden is rock solid. His biggest scandal was forgetting to cite someone in a debate. He always cited them on the stump, but he forgets once and it's called plagiarism.

In real news, he has an awesome resume and isn't afraid to say what he thinks. Rock solid.

TreIII

grandjedi6 said:
This election is about Obama, Palin and (out of necessity) McCain. No one cares about Biden. He could start pooping on babies and no one would notice.

t728zt.gif

:lol

Imm0rt4l

Tamanon said:

which goes hand in hand with Obama choosing a guy who wasn't necessarily a "yes man", but someone who would not always agree, and give his two cents.

The biden Gaffe's won't make much of a difference unless he accidently struck some major campaign narrative. If biden came out with something about Obama's ordering a fancy french dish at some diner, and being snobby, that would be huge news.

As is, the narrative of "le biden" is that he says dumb things from time to time, so the articles are written from that perspective.

It's a lot of dumb shit, and it could be bad, but so far it passes from the dialogue (as it should) pretty quickly.

Crisis

Banned
Fatalah said:
What's this about the media vs. Palin's visit to the UN?

Sarah Palin is meeting with some leaders at the United Nations today. Palin's campaign handlers had indicated to the Wall Street Journal that before the meetings at the UN there would be photograph opportunities in addition to print reporters being allowed to potentially ask a few questions. CNN was to provide television coverage of the event and would be the only one there doing so.

This morning before the meetings Elizabeth Holmes of the WSJ was informed that she would not be allowed to attend and an editorial producer from CNN was informed that he would not be allowed to attend either. Palin's reasoning behind it was that there were going to be no questions allowed at the event so it was only for pictures and video. So this pissed off all of the reporters who don't want to give the McCain/Palin ticket any "free" exposure without access to Palin. So there's basically a standoff between all of the news organizations and the McCain campaign. Unless Palin actually answers some goddamn questions the media is going to refuse to cover her.

opednews (Not Onion): Image of Virgin Mary Found In Sarah Palin's Bouffant

(Tampa, Fla) During a campaign appearance by Vice presidential nominee Sarah Palin at a retirement village in Tampa, Florida, onlookers were stunned to see what they believed to be an image of the Blessed Mother Mary embedded in Palin’s wrapped puffed-up do.

“At first I thought it was just one of those Love Bugs y’get caught in the car grill, ” said 82-year-old Hubert Henry. “But then it started glowin’ like the baby Jesus I seen last year in the window at the Stuckey’s just of Route 1 in Hulmville. Damn miracle, I tellya.”

McCain spokesman, Tucker Bounds, said that while the selection of Palin was a miracle for the campaign, the viability of Palin being chosen by the Virgin Mary to appear in her hair was something he’d rather leave up to the voter.

“People, and that includes Christians, are going to make up their mind on the issues,” said Bounds. “If the fact that some people believe that the Blessed Mother of Jesus and Sarah being somehow intertwined is an issue, so be it.”

“I knew it. I knew it. I knew that girl was special,” said 96 year-old Edna Baily, ” I’m saying twelve Hail Marys then I’m pulling the lever for Sarah, that older fella and Jesus.”

Developing.

Award-winning TV writer, Steve Young, is author of "Great Failures of the Extremely Successful" (www.greatfailure.com) and blogs at the appropriately named steveyoungonpolitics.com

Image in link

http://www.opednews.com/articles/Image-of-Virgin-Mary-Found-by-steve-young-080923-749.html

I AM NOT MAKING THIS UP. THIS IS A SERIOUS CONSERVATIVE NEWS OUTLET

Fatalah

Rhindle said:
I know I'm in a minority around here in saying this, but the Obama campaign this week has been utterly pathetic.

Talk about a massive botched opportunity.

Fatalah said:
I have a feeling both sides may run a quiet campaign leading into the debates.

That guy's a GENIUS! I think the Obama camp is letting the election take a breath. Can't be firing at all cylinders until the final stretch or else you'll run out of ammo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom