• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Politico: Mulvaney: Trump's budget shows 'compassion' to supporters [taxpayers]

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Could I, as a budget director, look at the coal miner in West Virginia and say, 'I want you please to give some of your money to the federal government so that I can give it to the National Endowment for the Arts?'"

instead of asking the coal miner you could ask the many multiples of rich people whose interests you are protecting.

"As a budget director, I look at the coal miner in West Virginia and say, "Trump needs your money to go to Mar-A-Lago, and to watch over Melania in NYC"

He's sugar coating it for Politico because in reality when they are out there courting their poor white stupid base what they really say to them is "Do you really want to send your money to government to pay for niggers, spics and fags to have the same benefits as you?" knowing quite well they could never legally exclude anyone one type of people without excluding everyone. And it works evertime and continues to work.

Biske

Must be super hard to look an American in the eye and say "I'm using a portion of your tax dollars to feed veterans and elderly people with meals on wheels"

Boy I'm sure they would just run you right the fuck out of town.

"HEY EVERYONE OUR PRECIOUS DOLLARS ARE USED TO FEED VETERANS!! GET EM!"

boiled goose

good with gravy
Another bullshit headline from politico.

Instead of highlighting and repeating whst bullshit government officials tell you, how about you actually do some reporting and inform the country with facts

120v

yeah struggling coal dude will sleep much better knowing 0.000023% of his income isn't going to art endowment

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
And yet his budget is fucking over all his poor supporters who rely on services like meals on wheels. This narrative is pure bullshit.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Another bullshit headline from politico.

Instead of highlighting and repeating whst bullshit government officials tell you, how about you actually do some reporting and inform the country with facts

I'm kinda confused by your reaction.

Politico ran that headline because it's a Swiftian "Modest Proposal" - and they put "compassion" in quotes to highlight how disgusting and ridiculous Mulvaney's claim is.

What they ran is reporting facts. They are illustrating the absurdist doublespeak that's coming out of the current administration.

Swass

Just saw this on reddit:

qaaq3k51tdmy.jpg

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
I wonder if the poor coal miners enjoy paying for Trump's 3 million dollar golfing trips which he goes on constantly, or for the protection of his golden tower in NY every day.

Boney

Banned
He is literally insane.

JIM ACOSTA: Just to follow up on that, you were talking about the steelworker in Ohio and the coal miner in Pennsylvania and so on, but those workers may have an elderly mother who depends on the Meals on Wheels program, who may have kids in Head Start. And yesterday or the day before, you described this as a "hard-power budget," but is it also a hard-hearted budget?

MICK MULVANEY: No, I don’t think so. In fact, I think it’s—I think it’s probably one of the most compassionate things we can do to actually—you’re—

JIM ACOSTA: Cut programs that help the elderly and kids?

MICK MULVANEY: You’re only focusing on half of the equation, right? You’re focusing on recipients of the money. We’re trying to focus on both the recipients of the money and the folks who give us the money in the first

He is literally insane.

JIM ACOSTA: Just to follow up on that, you were talking about the steelworker in Ohio and the coal miner in Pennsylvania and so on, but those workers may have an elderly mother who depends on the Meals on Wheels program, who may have kids in Head Start. And yesterday or the day before, you described this as a "hard-power budget," but is it also a hard-hearted budget?

MICK MULVANEY: No, I don’t think so. In fact, I think it’s—I think it’s probably one of the most compassionate things we can do to actually—you’re—

JIM ACOSTA: Cut programs that help the elderly and kids?

MICK MULVANEY: You’re only focusing on half of the equation, right? You’re focusing on recipients of the money. We’re trying to focus on both the recipients of the money and the folks who give us the money in the first

We're helping people! We're helping our people Bob!

old

If only the budget favored the coal miner in West Virgina as much as it favors hedge fund managers on Wall Street.

Ironically it's Trump supporters, who will get the most hurt because of his plans. Mulvaney is such a piece of shit, but I don't think anyone's surprised at this point.

I will never understand american voters. USA really seems like a corrupt third world country

Gerrymanding and "couldn't care less" voters play a huge part in why shit like Trump happens. Not to mention naive voters or those who have been brainwashed up Fox News. Sad!

"The president knows who his voters are. His voters are folks who pay taxes as well. And I think for the first time in a long time, you have an administration that is looking at the compassion of both sides of the equation,"

cPmNxJh.jpg

Basically. :(

His voters are folks who pay taxes as well
OK, first of all Trump doesn't pay taxes ( except in the years that he leaks to Maddow)

Secondly, Trump voters aren't paying taxes. You have to earn a fair amount per year and not have any dependents to pay taxes in this country and I've been told that Trump voters were blinded by economic anxiety so they're not in that group.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom