• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT-11| A Dramatic Reading

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vitanimus

natalizard deleted her instagram account. poor it.

natsuczka1.gif

rude

Banned
Broad City does too much on that tumblr sh*t. You can tell that some of the moments were only there to be giffed, especially for season 2. I was out of breath that episode when Abbi went to whole foods though.

Vitanimus

Broad City does too much on that tumblr sh*t. You can tell that some of the moments were only there to be giffed, especially for season 2. I was out of breath that episode when Abbi went to whole foods though.

tea. season 2 felt a bit weaker than season 1 but I was still regularly widene[d].

3phemeral

Going through Bjork's discog because I've been meaning to for a while and Hyperballad is incredibly cute with her childlike expressions of happiness but underlying the entire track is this current of sadness: that because she can't share those feelings, she has to do it alone, while he's sleeping, to maintain her sanity.

fwX8W6

Bonus: There's More to Life Than This: Of course, Bjork would make a club track about not wanting to be in a club.

6aUO7R
6aUO7R
6aUO7R
6aUO7R

Bonus: There's More to Life Than This: Of course, Bjork would make a club track about not wanting to be in a club.

Stan.

Debut is still her best I think. Every track on there still sounds like it's from the future. Of course about the same can be said for Post. Just completely timeless.

And get into the superior version of There's More to Life Than This. The ambient club noises make the track for me honestly. I've never been able to get into the studio version.

3phemeral

Stan.

Debut is still her best I think. Every track on there still sounds like it's from the future. Of course about the same can be said for Post. Just completely timeless.

And get into the superior version of There's More to Life Than This. The ambient club noises make the track for me honestly. I've never been able to get into the studio version.

acCAES
BqxIsY
acCAES
BqxIsY

Yeah, I love some of the tracks I've stumbled into that I've heard of hers, like All is Full of Love, Human Behavior, Mutual Core; but never explored beyond that although I've been meaning to for a long while. I love the incorporations of strings and jazz elements to Debut so far.

I like it when the beat goes da na da na
Baby make your booty go da na da na
Girl I know you wanna show da na da na
That thong th thong thong thong
I like it when the beat goes da na da na
Baby make your booty go da na da na
Girl I know you wanna show da na da na
That thong th thong thong thong
ibsDeoWj6U9Nbj.gif

What about this one then Roy?
Also, when I send you disparaging messages on tumblr, i'd appreciate it if you'd reply. STOP STEALING MY JOY! And I PM'd you days ago, ho.

royalan

popjustice is extremely [ h y p e ] about the moroder-sia collab, which makes me quite excited too tbqh

I can already tell you how it's going to go.

Mumble mumble
Mummmmble mumble
Mumbleeee Mumbleeeee
Faint emoting
Mumble Mumble
Mumble Mumbleeeee

BOOMING PRECHORUS
BANSHEE VOCALS
I'MMA STEEL BUTTERFLYYYYYYYYY
BOOMING VOCALS
EMOTIVE VOICE BREAKING
I'MMA STEEL BUTTERFLYYYYYYYYYYY

FLYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

FLYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Mumble mumble
Mummmmble mumble
Mumbleeee Mumbleeeee
Faint emoting
Mumble Mumble
Mumble Mumbleeeee

BOOMING PRECHORUS
BANSHEE VOCALS
BOOMING VOCALS
EMOTIVE VOICE BREAKING

FLYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

FLYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

izuAmxo9CpjZB.gif

What about this one then Roy?
Also, when I send you disparaging messages on tumblr, i'd appreciate it if you'd reply. STOP STEALING MY JOY! And I PM'd you days ago, ho.

Evelyn Champagne Queen! This is one of my favorite songs from her with also...

Shame
Love come down
I don't know if it's right

The original video for this song is actually a slay too lol

3phemeral

Mumble mumble
Mummmmble mumble
Mumbleeee Mumbleeeee
Faint emoting
Mumble Mumble
Mumble Mumbleeeee

BOOMING PRECHORUS
BANSHEE VOCALS
BOOMING VOCALS
EMOTIVE VOICE BREAKING

FLYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

FLYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

And you'll love every second of it.

6aUO7R

Speaking of loving things, going back to Bjork:

Someone in Love is a gorgeous ballad. I didn't expect that from Bjork. Her voice is simple, unembellished, and loosely accompanied by a harp. Has a vague When You Wish Upon A Star feel to it. I like Venus As A Boy's instrumentals, but the lyrics get repetitive after a while. It's still a little kooky and fun.

Big misses for me are Big Time Sensuality and Violently Happy.

Favorites of Bjork's Debut:
  • One Day: Wonder if Timbaland was inspired by the use of a baby voice. There are sections that are super similar.
  • Crying: Serving Chrono Trigger 1999 A.D. Realness.
  • Aeroplane: Serving 60s lounge music, Jazz horns, and Chrono Cross Hydra Marshes attitude.
  • Come to Me: Incredibly chill track. Can just sit back with your eyes closed and drift away.
  • The Anchor Song: Only her voice accompanied by a set of horns. It's non-traditional, incredibly simple, and barely a song, but I love it.
  • Human Behavior
  • There's More to Life Than This: Would be pretty generic House track if not for the sensation that Bjork is dragging you out of that boring party and taking you on a weird adventure with her. Also, thanks for the live version of it, You Know Nothing, I'll use that over the alberm version.

Great album.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom