• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT-11| A Dramatic Reading

Status
Not open for further replies.

Touchdown

Banned
9d1552a836.jpg

This Sunday Mimi is sitting next to king Jonas while Nicki is relagated behind ha with the kartrashians.
3f6d1afaf8.gif

The Flop

Banned
OMG, it's this Sunday? I hope she slays.

xMIbjXq.gif

I'm here for the BBMA this year. I know MiMi will slay, Igloo and BritKnee will be a trainwreck, and that I really hope that the Fifth Harmony performance is tagged onto Mimi and they do a lil' bit of "like Mariah" with her before they slay "Worth It".

I'm also here for the "Bad Blood: music video Ooop.

I'm also here for the Pitch Perfect 2 soundtrack. I may have to check this one out this weekend boos.

The Flop

Banned
It's the first time she's performed on the BBA's in I think 17 years so I'm a little nervous yet very excited.

c75c7914b0.gif

I'm nervous now after she had to cancel some shows for her vocal issues!

"Hey guys.. I've been fighting bronchitis for the past few days.. almost better but on mandatory vocal rest per doctor's orders. I'm so sorry to cancel tonight's show but I promise to make it up to you!!! Love you always, MC"

Queen better be sipping some tea.

3phemeral

I'm here for the BBMA this year. I know MiMi will slay,
Bless your soul.
c75c7914b0.gif

Igloo and BritKnee will be a trainwreck,
I hope it will give my flop gif more milage.

kS4S2Q

and that I really hope that the Fifth Harmony performance is tagged onto Mimi and they do a lil' bit of "like Mariah" with her before they slay "Worth It".

I'm also here for the "Bad Blood: music video Ooop.
I'm also here for the Pitch Perfect 2 soundtrack. I may have to check this one out this weekend boos.

That would definitely be nice if she joined it. I don't care for the song but i would make a cute moment.

It's the first time she's performed on the BBA's in I think 17 years so I'm a little nervous yet very excited.

c75c7914b0.gif
It's been that long? Wow. When did she last perform? Last I remember was this performance of CTTA. *anxious*

The Flop

Banned
That would definitely be nice if she joined it. I don't care for the song but i would make a cute moment.

I'm just thinking like Mimi leaves the stage or Fifth Harmony has just finished, and they use it to transition between the two. Epic put up the coins for both of them, so I'm here for a few seconds of it. but I agree, it's not the best song.

3phemeral

I'm just thinking like Mimi leaves the stage or Fifth Harmony has just finished, and they use it to transition between the two. Epic put up the coins for both of them, so I'm here for a few seconds of it. but I agree, it's not the best song.

Plus, it makes sense as she's promoting her #1 to Infinity, which ABMB is a part of. I can't believe a song that old is her 11th #1.

The Flop

Banned
Plus, it makes sense as she's promoting her #1 to Infinity, which ABMB is a part of. I can't believe a song that old is her 11th #1.

It does, and Fifth Harmony started their 4 song set at Wango Tango off with that. I'm hoping it means that it's not their next single, but I think they may push it b/c of the mariah connection.

We'll see. Epic's not the smartest. But, it would make a cute moment for sure at the BBMA's.

On my hand, on my head, on my chest
I'm dressed up like a girl's best friend (diamonds)
In my heart, in my room, in my bed
You're shining like you're one of them-them-them (diamonds)
Woah-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh
Woah-oh-oh-oh-oh, you're like
Diamonds

tumblr_n7rc00q5Mb1qa03y5o1_250.gif

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
On my hand, on my head, on my chest
I'm dressed up like a girl's best friend (diamonds)
In my heart, in my room, in my bed
You're shining like you're one of them-them-them (diamonds)
Woah-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh
Woah-oh-oh-oh-oh, you're like
Diamonds

Yasssss bitch yas!!!!
SOTY

Vazra

tbh

Sucker is still very usable, let me go and bop to it again.

kytd3ZK.gif

IMO the album doesn't really have bad songs but it doesn't have songs that appeal to the radio trends that would help her become more popular. Im ok with it as I still bop with the music and I wouldn't want her to do something she doesn't like just to become popular like some rotten fruit did on her previous era to gain more fans and relevance. I would like her to work with Sophie and Giorgio on her next album and ditch the Jpop album after listening Diamond, Lets Ride and the other songs she did with Sophie.

Little monsters giving BJs in Walmart bathrooms to get people to buy ARTPOP teas.

Somebody shoot me. I'm listening Menudo/MDO, Fey, Old School Shakira and 90s latin pop.

Zella Day - High

Get into her.

We are high, I'm in love
We are high, fucked up American boys
Drinking right, we'll never give up
'Cause where we're from, God is on our side

We're the light in the sky tonight
East side is a paradise with you
You, you

Don't worry baby, don't you cry
As long as we keep getting high
Keep burning like we're never gonna die
Fire baby, fire baby, love

sansa-stark.gif

Vazra

Little monsters giving BJs in Walmart bathrooms to get people to buy ARTPOP teas.

Zella Day - High

Get into her.

We are high, I'm in love
We are high, fucked up American boys
Drinking right, we'll never give up
'Cause where we're from, God is on our side

We're the light in the sky tonight
East side is a paradise with you
You, you

Don't worry baby, don't you cry
As long as we keep getting high
Keep burning like we're never gonna die

sansa-stark.gif

I use
ipDqzeBMtdGQj.gif

Frodo

(it is more than any other artist on a single chart)

NOT RELEVANT OLD HAG.

When will your fave?

tWn7ni8.gif

Madonna's 45 Dance Club Songs No. 1s

1983, "Holiday"/"Lucky Star" (five weeks at No. 1)
1984, "Like a Virgin" (four)
1985, "Material Girl"
1985, "Angel"/"Into the Groove"
1987, "Open Your Heart"
1987, "Causing a Commotion (Remix)"
1988, "You Can Dance (LP Cuts)"
1989, "Like a Prayer" (two)
1989, "Express Yourself" (three)
1990, "Keep It Together"
1990, "Vogue" (two)
1991, "Justify My Love" (two)
1992, "Erotica"
1993, "Deeper and Deeper"
1993, "Fever"
1994, "Secret" (two)
1995, "Bedtime Story"
1997, "Don't Cry for Me Argentina"
1998, "Frozen" (two)
1998, "Ray of Light" (four)
1999, "Nothing Really Matters" (two)
1999, "Beautiful Stranger" (two)
2000, "American Pie"
2000, "Music" (five)
2001, "Don't Tell Me"
2001, "What It Feels Like for a Girl"
2001, "Impressive Instant" (two)
2002, "Die Another Day" (two)
2003, "American Life"
2003, "Hollywood"
2003, "Me Against the Music," Britney Spears featuring Madonna (two)
2004, "Nothing Fails"
2004, "Love Profusion"
2005, "Hung Up" (four)
2006, "Sorry" (two)
2006, "Get Together"
2006, "Jump" (two)
2008, "4 Minutes," Madonna featuring Justin Timberlake & Timbaland (two)
2008, "Give It 2 Me"
2009, "Celebration"
2012, "Give Me All Your Luvin'," Madonna featuring Nicki Minaj & M.I.A.
2012, "Girl Gone Wild"
2012, "Turn Up the Radio"
2015, "Living for Love"
2015, "Ghosttown"

May I have the sauce of this gif, please?

rhandino

Banned
Britney Spears' 'Oops!...I Did It Again': 15 Best Moments for 15th Anniversary

In honor of the anniversary, we're running down some of the best, possibly forgotten things Oops...I Did It Again gave us:

1. Never forget: There are goofy voicemail messages throughout the album that lead from one song to another for some of the tracks. Exhibit A: The end of "Don't Go Knockin' on My Door." "Ew!" "OMG OMG!" "I know I'm a little picky, but I just know what I want."

2. "What U See (Is What U Get)" is a powerful takedown against a controlling boyfriend.

3. Her cover-art hair game is on-point. Fun fact: Those perfect spiral curls are totally unattainable for anyone who isn't named Britney Spears.

4. "Dear Diary" marks Britney's first co-writing credit on her music.

5. Oops is responsible for entering the below dance move into the high school dance pantheon forever.

6. See also: The above red pleather jumpsuit.

7. "One Kiss From You" is a sweet ode to wanting to be in love...

8. ...Something Britney was clearly dealing with at the moment (WHAT WERE YOU DOING TO HER, JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE?). The prosecution would like to submit into evidence real lyrics from the real song "Where Are You Now": "Where is your heart when I'm not around?" Where are you now? You gotta let me know," Brit croons in that distinctive sexy -- but now also sad -- voice of hers. JUST LET HER KNOW, JUSTIN.

9. Moreso than any other song on the album, "Lucky" has taken on additional resonance for Spears' fans in the years since its release, when Britney appeared on top of the world. In the now-infamous chorus, Britney plaintively sings: "She's so lucky, she's a star/ But she cry, cry, cries in her lonely heart/ Thinking if there's nothing missing in my life/ Then why do these tears come at night?" That's basically the working subtitle of any Britney Spears Lifetime movie about the Dark Days/2007 era.

10. Britney took on the unique music video challenges of playing both herself and Hollywood Superstar Lucky for the music video -- sometimes in the same shot, because ACTING.

11. Second for second, "Stronger" is one of the best pop breakup anthems of the past 20 years, and anyone who argues otherwise is just kidding themselves. Try and listen to just the first "Ohh-yeah-ah-ahh" and not get chills.

12. Not to mention when lightning doesn't even begin to deter her from driving outside during a thunderstorm. She's stronger than destiny, after all.

13. Remember: Britney was sexy-dancing with a chair long before Beyonce was in "Drunk in Love" (with a hat tip to Janet Jackson).

14. The entire album provides excellent gym tracks -- which is great, because the album cover and music video outfits are likely to provoke serious ab envy.

15. Always wanted a song that name-checked a major movie moment from a few years back? Oops... Britney has you covered.

dN1BUgy.gif

Vazra

Miley also created a foundation that shelters homeless youth that actually mentions homeless trans youth

when will any of our faves?
When will our faves make an album as forgettable as Bangerz? I even remember Stars Dance by Selener more.
KimKTragic.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom