• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT-11| A Dramatic Reading

Status
Not open for further replies.

royalan

Except people are reporting that the new Xenoblade is as boring as a Lana Del Rey album.

I really wouldn't be surprised if this game was a dud.

The world is expansive and beautiful, but they've been too tight-lipped on the story (and it's suppose to be an RPG) and what they actual goal are.

I suspect this will be a very shallow game.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak

The world is expansive and beautiful, but they've been too tight-lipped on the story (and it's suppose to be an RPG) and what they actual goal are.

The first game was good but not as great as many say it was.
Offline MMO type of quest is not cute.
aEq3Ios.png

There was a huge thread about a Kotaku preview of the game where the guy put a bunch of time into the game (70 hours, IIRC), and he said that the game was boring. Of course the thread then went on for 16 pages with people trying to discredit him with ludicrous statements like "well if he thinks it's boring why did he play it for so long" and etc. FWIW the guy's preview write-up seemed sound, but you know how some people get when you throw stones at their golden goose.

royalan

Is Florence's new music having ZERO impact or something?

I hear nobody talking about her new music. Most people don't even know she has new music out. And I don't hear it being played anywhere...

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Is Florence's new music having ZERO impact or something?

I hear nobody talking about her new music. Most people don't even know she has new music out. A I don't hear it being played anywhere...

V minimal which is a shame because its all good/great
I think the fact she fucked up her leg/ankle really hurt the promo tour as shes such an energetic performer
That and the fact she did the Lily Allen route of just bombarding people with singles and videos rather than giving any of them time to breathe.

I don't think she'll ever capture the popularity she had with her first album again. Even if her new stuff is fantastic.

Tbh Ceremonials didn't have any longevity for me so it kind of made me less interested in her. I haven't even listened to her new stuff yet, maybe I should.

Aguila

#ICONIC
Tbh Ceremonials didn't have any longevity for me so it kind of made me less interested in her. I haven't even listened to her new stuff yet, maybe I should.
Why wouldn't you listen to one of the best albums of the year and Florence's first #1 album at least once❓❓❔❓❔❓❔❓

whyyyyy

Leona Lewis has, in many ways, single-handedly turned The X Factor into a global concern. Launched in the UK by Simon Cowell in 2004, the first two series produced barely serviceable winners in the shape of Steve Brookstein, a sort of Michael Bublé for the Pizza Express touring circuit, and a low-cost Justin Timberlake in the form of Shayne Ward. While they both achieved moderate success in Britain, their chances of cracking the US seemed about as likely as Sharon Osbourne having a nice word to say about Dannii Minogue. So when Lewis, an office assistant from east London, was crowned the winner in 2006, it looked as if she and her impeccable voice would become nothing more than the Argos alternative to Mariah Carey. Then something amazing happened: her potential was transformed into actual stardom.

By the end of 2007, Lewis was, as her press releases still maintain, a global superstar: her debut single Bleeding Love topped the charts in 35 countries, including the US, where it sold 4m copies, and it was the biggest-selling single of 2007 in the UK. Her subsequent album, Spirit, became the fastest-selling debut album of all time in the UK going on to sell more than 3m copies in Britain and 8m worldwide. The X Factor was suddenly responsible for a legitimate global phenomenon, cementing its reason for being – and saddling Lewis with a curse she’s never quite shaken off. Since Bleeding Love, it’s been a case of ever-diminishing returns for Lewis, with her new single, Fire Under My Feet – the first to be taken from her forthcoming fifth album, I Am, and the first released outside of her contract with Syco – limping into the charts at No 51.

So what went wrong? Let’s start with Bleeding Love, one of the greatest, most immaculate songs of the past 20 years. From its church organ intro to that booming, relatable chorus, Bleeding Love’s perfection is undiminished. But how do you follow such a blockbuster hit? Well, you don’t. In fact, Lewis should have retired the day it came out. While subsequent singles from Spirit performed well in the UK, it remains her only US top 10 hit, and its ubiquity has haunted her ever since.

"Fire Under My Feet" the Top 60 SMASH of the summer~

In all truth however, the full article is quite a good read.

In my opinion, she should ditch the UK and focus her energies on establishing herself in the States. Not only does America have better and more varied taste, but it also lacks the grating "too cool for school" attitude that dominates UK radio and music fandom.

I disagree with the article's assertion that FUMF isn't a strong enough track. I think it could blow up if given the proper treatment in the proper region.

#2 in Portugal

Frodo

About the Bitch I'm Madonna picture, it does look fan made (wouldn't surprise me if it actually is), but Madonna posted that on Facebook and other social media today. So it is real.

Never thought I would see Madonna and Beyonce together... That TIDAL impact, tbh.

So Madonna gets Beyonce and Katy, while Taylor could only muster the likes of failed Lifetime Movie actress Zendaya and child predator Lena Dunham.

~

Rita Ora tho lol

Touchdown

Banned
whyyyyy

"Fire Under My Feet" the Top 60 SMASH of the summer~

In all truth however, the full article is quite a good read.

In my opinion, she should ditch the UK and focus her energies on establishing herself in the States. Not only does America have better and more varied taste, but it also lacks the grating "too cool for school" attitude that dominates UK radio and music fandom.

I disagree with the article's assertion that FUMF isn't a strong enough track. I think it could blow up if given the proper treatment in the proper region.

#2 in Portugal

The UK is a mess, she should have came over years ago.
ed2305b7.png

Wait so is Star Fox Zero the only Wii U game they announced that we hadn't seen before? Yikes. Not even a dedicated Animal Crossing sequel. Or even any sight of Zelda.

I guess they're moving everything to the NX or whatever that ends up being. Probably for the best, though as a Wii U owner ( =( ) I'm slightly pressed about it.

Truly the Mario Kart 8/Smash Bros machine

Mau ®;168550524 said:

Miss Fame's slipping

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Wait so is Star Fox Zero the only Wii U game they announced that we hadn't seen before? Yikes. Not even a dedicated Animal Crossing sequel. Or even any sight of Zelda.

I guess they're moving everything to the NX or whatever that ends up being. Probably for the best, though as a Wii U owner ( =( ) I'm slightly pressed about it.

Truly the Mario Kart 8/Smash Bros machine

Miss Fame's slipping

Mario Tennis was new but lol sport games
Animal Crossing aint even like Mario Party but more like digital monopoly
Metroid 3DS is minigames and no samus in sight
Zelda game looks like an ios rip off instead of a regular zelda.
Mario and Luigi x Paper Mario. Mario Crossover with Mario! (Looked cute)

I might be missing something but overall irrelevant.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
wtf is the NX thing
First thing I saw of it was yesterday

X marks the spot where we left our hearts and

X marks the spot where we fell apart and

X marks the spot where we left our hearts la na la na

X marks the spot where we left our hearts and

X marks the spot where we fell apart and

X marks the spot where we left our hearts la na la na

HiLEGEND!!
😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭

rhandino

Banned
So...
Pop star Kesha Sebert has suffered a setback in her lawsuit that alleges that producer Lukasz "Dr. Luke" Gottwald sexually abused her. A California judge has decided to put this lawsuit on hold.
wmmPYXF.gif

#Pray4Kesha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom