• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT-11| A Dramatic Reading

Status
Not open for further replies.

canocha

Amazon posted these as the covers of "Leona Lewis - I Am" album

Standard:
i_am_standard.jpg

Deluxe Editions:

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Tori while a nice voice the album felt what I call generic pretty. Its not bad but its not memorable either. I give Carly Rhat that match. Foxes will punch ha out of the game if her album has more bops like Body Talk.

Aguila

#ICONIC
I'm so excited about PEN•E•TRA•TION. I haven't listened to ha yet, but I know I will elevate into a different plane of existence once I do.
cry.gif

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
Listening to Carly's alberm is a transcendent experience. Production is out of this world, remarkably convincing in its '80s pastiche, and it's amazing how confident she sounds straight outta the gate. The strongest pop album since Body Talk - Godbyn herself is probably seething at how effortless Carly makes this sort of domination look - and somehow an even more successful, consistent package than that was. Pop album of the decade won't be a stretch when all is said and done.

The Flop

Banned
Slay me Demi:

CIXmAvSWoAEmLb6.jpg

The queen of facials is coming for that summer hit song crown.
DEMI-640x370.jpg

A Selena vs. Demi tea!?

Now who has bad blood?

Where's Miley to add to the mix?

Coolluck

Style is actually one of the greatest pop songs ever made.

Have you actually listened to it? It's a song that starts off with promise but quickly devolves into such a generic boring chorus coupled with a derivative bridge that sounds like Taylor listened to Florence + The Machine or something before going into the studio.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
She's looking... healthy on that cover.

Selena already won. Whatever Demetria puts out will be utterly derivative drivel as per. Bookmark me.

ttrTQO7.jpg

Selena the Britney of this (Disney) Generation beating Demi the Xtina of this (Disney) Generation. Somehow unsurprised.

Koodo

Banned
Listening to Carly's alberm is a transcendent experience. Production is out of this world, remarkably convincing in its '80s pastiche, and it's amazing how confident she sounds straight outta the gate. The strongest pop album since Body Talk - Godbyn herself is probably seething at how effortless Carly makes this sort of domination look - and somehow an even more successful, consistent package than that was. Pop album of the decade won't be a stretch when all is said and done.
Coming back to this wretched place to say you did NOT lie, but this only applies to the regular edition. The bonus sings on the deluxe are surprisingly trash.

But anyjuey, ugh carla my anus is hanging.

Nasser

Britney needs to come back already and save pop music. It's been 4 years since her last album. (No. BJ didn't happen)

Edit: What is Pretty Girls?

royalan

Britney needs to come back already and save pop music. It's been 4 years since her last album. (No. BJ didn't happen)

Edit: What is Pretty Girls?

Fuck yes Brittleknee Jean happened.

If Fighters have to deal with y'all bringing up Bionic and Lotus TO THIS VERY DAY, then no way are we forgetting Boogery Jean--aka the WORST album in the history of Pop.

Britney is no longer talented.

She can't sing.

She can't dance.

She can't apply decent eye makeup.

Best to let her get her fucked up homelife in check than have her try it again with music and have one more tragedy to add to the list.

Poor. It.

Floridian

Britney's been over. Not sure what will revive it, but it's clear the demand for new material isn't there anymore. She hasn't had a top-ten hit in 4 years, her last album did worst than ARTPOP sales & critic wise, and her latest effort involved Piggy which further doomed her potential to begin with.

"B-b-ut her vegas residency"

Yeah? What about that? Congrats on slaying Vegas I guess. Too bad about the rest of the world.

The Flop

Banned
BritKnee has more money then I'll ever have. So she won, I don't expect her to promote a new song again tbh. Ha Vegas residency is giving her kids the college fund they won't use.

Slay a biT queen.

Buy Elastic Heart on iTunes

Nasser

Fuck yes Brittleknee Jean happened.

If Fighters have to deal with y'all bringing up Bionic and Lotus TO THIS VERY DAY, then no way are we forgetting Boogery Jean--aka the WORST album in the history of Pop.

Britney is no longer talented.

She can't sing.

She can't dance.

She can't apply decent eye makeup.

Best to let her get her fucked up homelife in check than have her try it again with music and have one more tragedy to add to the list.

Poor. It.

I honestly think Bionic is such an excellent album, but not Louts.

If someone tried to have a decent discussion about Britney y'll will start acting like her whole discography didn't happen and the only thing happened is BJ. Where is Xtina now though? It's ok y'all just sit back and watch The Voice on demand and let me watch Britney slay Vegas and perform on live TV. I love the talented Xtina but I hate the fighters.

Britney's been over. Not sure what will revive it, but it's clear the demand for new material isn't there anymore. She hasn't had a top-ten hit in 4 years, her last album did worst than ARTPOP sales & critic wise, and her latest effort involved Piggy which further doomed her potential to begin with.

"B-b-ut her vegas residency"

Yeah? What about that? Congrats on slaying Vegas I guess. Too bad about the rest of the world.

Britney is over bc only one album flopped out of 8. OKAY.

When is Xtina releasing new much? I want to be snatched.

Nasser

Not sure when Xtina is getting off her comfy judge chair to make her old music again. She'll probably release sooner than Rih though.

R8 is a hot ass mess already and it's not even out yet, I'm so sad. I'm still asking for the video for BBHMM though. I need a good scalping

I'm honestly disgusted with pop music right now knowing Taylor is the biggest popstar. These dark times need to end now. Xtina should release new music and save us all.

Coolluck

R8 is a hot ass mess already and it's not even out yet, I'm so sad. I'm still asking for the video for BBHMM though. I need a good scalping

I'm honestly disgusted with pop music right now knowing Taylor is the biggest popstar. These dark times need to end now. Xtina should release new music and save us all.

I'm sorry, you must not have heard the good word from our lord and savior Carly Rae. She will forgive. Cue Hannibal gif.

Majmun

I think my summer albums will be Miguel's and Florence's new album...

I still haven't listened to them yet, but I'm sure they're great.

Carly her alberm review

Very same-y throughout, but she creates a consistent and deliberate mood as a result

I use both the title track and "Let's Get Lost"

My car speakers will gently bop/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom