• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT-11| A Dramatic Reading

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anas

Banned
Ok, who's album should I listen to first?

Miguel
Hillary
Carly Rae

Carly seriously ?
get that flop from every list you have and every list you are planning to have..

her albums are terrible.. generic.. not worthy
that song might been a hit but no other thing worth mentioning
just another one hit wonder

Floridian

Carly seriously ?
get that flop from every list you have and every list you are planning to have..

85714c35b29aba356adf58bb8efa33ae.310x183x17.gif

It's cute how Carly can put out the album of the decade, and y'all still pretend she ain't shit.

She continues to deliver finely honed sugary bubblegum pop better than anyone in the game. Get into her and be blessed.

Servbot24

Banned
dear god if carly lives up to kiss.... instant legend :') :') :')

also lol at the idea that people were looking forward to a miguel album

What I've heard from Carly's new album is fire (E*mo*tion, Run Away With Me, All That), so I'm definitely checking it out.

No Sleeep is straight up 90s R&B shite. Not the fresh kind where you take fun aspects of earlier music era's and update them into something interesting. Nope, a straight up filler track from a bland R&B album from 20 years ago.

Where is Adele anyway? Trying to best calculate how she can milk geriatrics who have never heard of the internet out of more money because they're afraid if a black person sings a song they like?

Or is she masquerading as Sam Smith? Probably both.

Servbot24

Banned
For a sec I thought Emotion dropped off a cliff with "I Didn’t Just Come Here to Dance" but then I realized I was into the bonus tracks. Carly's wisdom!*

*Drive being a bonus track still bewilders me

edit: lol she's going imogen heap now. these bonus tracks are a bargain bin

edit2: yeah forget the bonus tracks. the ALBUM though!!!!!! i never thought she could approach Kiss again but she did it

Call me a perfectionist
Addicted to immaculate
The hair right, shoes tight
Got to look the dress the part
With nothin' in my pocket
Got a catwalk for a closet
On my last lonely dollar
Lock me up before I hit the store
Wanna be like midas when my bank account is minus
Gotta stretch that dollar bill, stretch that dollar bill
Need a genie in a bottle, change a quarter to a hundred

P5L48zm.gif

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Call me a perfectionist
Addicted to immaculate
The hair right, shoes tight
Got to look the dress the part
With nothin' in my pocket
Got a catwalk for a closet
On my last lonely dollar
Lock me up before I hit the store
Wanna be like midas when my bank account is minus
Need a genie in a bottle, change a quarter to a hundred

P5L48zm.gif
Stan!!!

cory64

Janet hitting #14 with no promo I mean H E W else? She's reinventing what a comeback can be, and how we think about legacy artists.

lol i am dying xD
but she already did it 12 times before (&)
Stan the Bajan Queen! Her fourteenth #1 is right around the corner.

Floridian

No Sleeep is straight up 90s R&B shite. Not the fresh kind where you take fun aspects of earlier music era's and update them into something interesting. Nope, a straight up filler track from a bland R&B album from 20 years ago.

Janet doesn't need to update though. She's fine doing her own thing. We don't need another Bitch I'm Madonna.

rhandino

Banned
In your fantasy, dream about me
And all that we could do with this e•mo•tion

Fantasy, dream about me
And all that we could do with this e•mo•tion

This emotion, I feel it
This emotion, you feel it
All that we could do with this e•mo•tion

BMgkqva.gif

SaintZ

Carly seriously ?

I was on the same boat as you (I still am to some extent) since I ended up hating Call Me Maybe & I Really Like You but after All That and Run Away With Me, I decided to give Carla a chancE and was pleasently surprised.

E·MO·TION is a solid album although the second half of it drags a bit (at least when you put into account the Deluxe tracks). The production is kinda samey and it gets boring. I don't remember most of those tracks, they all kind of blend together.

My faves: E·MO·TION, Run Away With Me, LA Hallucinations, Warm Blood, All That.
Weakest tracks: Boy Problems, I Really Like You.

Weirdly enough, I Really Like You sounds a bit better here, like it really fits into the album and if you forget the dreadful video it becomes listenable.

Leona's next single is a track called "Thunder" that received a sort of meh response from the journos who heard it.

"I Got You" sounded so good as the lead single to begin the album campaign...I hope this isn't another #justiceforGlassheart situation where an obvious smash hit is paid utter dust by its own artist tbh :-0

rhandino

Banned
I'm kind of surprised that Fire Under Feet didn't catch on as the song was amazing even if the video
and the song itself
served Rolling in the Deep realness...

Captcha

The Carly album...god, yes. I've been getting my life at the gym to I Didn't Just Come Here to Dance. People need to stop sleeping on her.

It's not as good as Kiss--honestly, only a release from Robyn can touch that--but it's still good.

Servbot24

Banned
The Carly album...god, yes. I've been getting my life at the gym to I Didn't Just Come Here to Dance. People need to stop sleeping on her.

It's not as good as Kiss--honestly, only a release from Robyn can touch that--but it's still good.

I'd say Kiss has some better highs but Emotion is much more consistent

The Flop

Banned
I wonder if Gaga is going to give out ARTPOP as a wedding favor?

EDIT: Top of page...

Get percheD for Big Brother season premier tonight at 8PM EST!

ZICDqRW.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom