• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT-11| A Dramatic Reading

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let me know when she charts with a new song,
9Myx22F.gif

So a few days ago I was getting my life to the radio at Fresh Choice. Earlier today at Taco Bell it was the opposite. Nelly Furtado (not even one her her listenable songs) and Ace of Base.

offtopic

He measures in centimeters
Don't actually do this. Tove Lo tries her best to make Adam Lambert listenable but doesn't quite save it.

His collab with her sort of drags down the rest of his album tbh. Might be one worse track on there but that is debatable. That said, it'll probably be the next single since "collabs" seem to complete the circle jerk for most top selling "artists" these days.

llehuty

I really really liked Whoa, Nelly! during high school, in fact I still bop at the rhythm of Turn off The Lights from time to time.

zStUpLz.gif

Timeless. Maybe I should check her last album, I stopped checking for ha after Mi Plan.

Woah Nelly was the first physical album I ever bought. She had a really weird musical progression along the years, but that album still remains solid.

Mau ®

Loose was so good. It was even better when Shitney decided to copy that album and add some european flavor for Blackout.

The Flop

Banned
Mau ®;170970992 said:
Loose was so good. It was even better when Shitney decided to copy that album and add some european flavor for Blackout.

I got my life to loose in college. Imma need Timbaland and Nelly to regroup and do the thing. Timbaland needs to let Justin do his own thing and go back to giving me life with bops from Nelly.

royalan

True, but where has the good sis been hiding? Imma need her to help 2015 out in the Pop world.

Agreed. I am ready for new Nelly.

Speaking of, was Spirit Indestructible really that bad? Or was it just fun to make fun of at the time?

Spirit Indestructible (the song) was my jam...

The Flop

Banned
Can we all agrih we are glad that PSY has left the building and stopped trying to be a hiT?

EDIT: Really a 17 year old is no. 2 on US itunes with some shit song.... I hate the general public sometimes... but "Watch me (Whip/Nae Nae)" Is this years Macarena bs... ffs.... seriously!?!?

Floridian

This is only the 2nd time i've seen this video from the past few days, but lemme explain a few things wrong with the song/video.

1. The rapper or singer or whoever he's supposed to be is named "Silento" yet he's loud AF.

2. He's struggling to even do the dance moves mentioned in the song.
Where dey do dat at?

3. The song name "Watch me (Whip/Nae Nae)", yet mentions other past dancing trends such as Soulja Boy, Stanky Leg, "Bop", so all in all it's sort of a compilation of urban dance songs i'm guessing that's usually played in Middle School dances. It's missing Cat Daddy & The Dougie. How awkward would be it for someone who's trying to dance to this song and doesn't know half the dance moves later mentioned?

4. I don't normally judge guys, but dude is a butterface.

So yeah, it's obviously a party song designed to be carefree & fun and not to be taken seriously, so i'll leave it at that.

The Flop

Banned
This is only the 2nd time i've seen this video from the past few days, but lemme explain a few things wrong with the song/video.

1. The rapper or singer or whoever he's supposed to be is named "Silento" yet he's loud AF.

2. He's struggling to even do the dance moves mentioned in the song.
Where dey do dat at?

3. The song name "Watch me (Whip/Nae Nae)", yet mentions other past dancing trends such as Soulja Boy, Stanky Leg, "Bop", so all in all it's sort of a compilation of urban dance songs i'm guessing that's usually played in Middle School dances. It's missing Cat Daddy & The Dougie. How awkward would be it for someone who's trying to dance to this song and doesn't know half the dance moves later mentioned?

4. I don't normally judge guys, but dude is a butterface.

So yeah, it's obviously a party song designed to be carefree & fun and not to be taken seriously, so i'll leave it at that.

Sadly he's getting the coins rn.... :eli:

Aguila

#ICONIC
This never would've happened if y'all had bought Applause, DWUW, Venus and G.U.Y.

Gag would have been gifting us her latest smash single tbqh.

We should have let the bitch flop harder tbh. Then maybe she could've ditched the sinking ship earlier and we would already have new music.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
This never would've happened if y'all had bought Applause, DWUW, Venus and G.U.Y.

Gag would have been gifting us her latest smash single tbqh.

were we the ones that didn't drop a video for a single on the verge of becoming a top 10
were we the ones that took a 3 month break after it flopped because of a victim complex

dont be like the Navy and make excuses for this flop

gret84.gif

rhandino

Banned
... can we please move on from ArtPOP?

Endorsing ArtPOP as a whole mean that it's OK to release songs like Nope and Jewels & Mess, that it's OK to pimp your new album calling it progressive and the future AND then release a single that reeks desperation and old shit, that it's OK to meltdown because nobody cares about your pretentious album, that it's OK to make a performance where you you introduce a song in a concert saying "This song is about RAPE" and the being vomited on stage and THEN call that an "anti-rape demonstration".

ArtPOP deserved to flop and Gaga deserved her fall of the minds of the mainstream public because of it.

gret84.gif

royalan

... can we please move on from ArtPOP?

Endorsing ArtPOP as a whole mean that it's OK to release songs like Nope and Jewels & Mess, that it's OK to pimp your new album calling it progressive and the future AND then release a single that reeks desperation and old shit, that it's OK to meltdown because nobody cares about your pretentious album, that it's OK to make a performance where you you introduce a song in a concert saying "This song is about RAPE" and the being vomited on stage and THEN call that an "anti-rape demonstration".

ArtPOP deserved to flop and Gaga deserved her fall of the minds of the mainstream public because of it.

gret84.gif

BUT DID YOU LIE!?!?

LOQbSXv.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom