• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT-11| A Dramatic Reading

Status
Not open for further replies.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
OMG! SOMEONE ELSE WHO LIKES
the sound of
BODY SHOP!

Come here and let me give you a hug. <3

BglNOHd.png
I like body shop too tbh

rhandino

Banned
Rihanna, Kanye and that old guy were unable to hit that number 1 spot... yet they have been in the top 5 for like 5 weeks.

SwDhZO8.gif

I will scream if Sugar dethrone Uptown Funk!

royalan

YAAAAAAASSSSSSS @ My Baby Daddy Kendrick Lamar proving that Taylor Swift is a dumbass.

Expecting her discography to pop back up on Spotify any day now...

Floridian

YAAAAAAASSSSSSS @ My Baby Daddy Kendrick Lamar proving that Taylor Swift is a dumbass.

Expecting her discography to pop back up on Spotify any day now...

Better music prevails. If artists like Swift/Bjork want to exclude their music from Spotify then that's more power to them.

Yado

I doubt Taylor is feeling any type of way about the coins Kendrick received from spotify. She's also in the position where she doesn't really need the promo from spotify either.

Prince Has More Than 2,000 Unreleased Songs In A Vault Under His Studio
That’s more than an album a year, for the next 100 years.
They’re believed to be stored in a vault under Paisley Park Studios, his recording complex. The claim is made in Hunting For Prince’s Vault, a documentary airing on BBC Radio 4 on Saturday morning.
The documentary is presented by BBC journalist and lifelong Prince fan Mobeen Azhar.
iGsqbpCZX7X1O.gif

In the course of the documentary, he interviews a number of Prince’s collaborators, including Hans Martin-Buff and Susan Rogers, his sound engineers for many years. He also speaks to Prince’s drummer, Michael Bland.
All testify to His Purple Majesty’s incredible productivity, which he has likened to a “curse”. Azhar claims Prince records something every day.
i10pRQgTqF5Z2.gif

And yet in spite of this, Prince has still released roughly an album a year throughout his career.
iOjIoeREKjDWI.gif

The thing that really strikes me is the number (at least 2,000 tracks) but also that many Prince associates told us that Prince thinks about the future a lot. He believes “future generations” will listen to his new releases. So the question as I see it, is not “When will the vault open?” but more “Will we be alive long enough to hear it?”
Could your lazy, drop an album every 3 or 4 years, ass fave [e v e r]?
ibeNO2xPcvzXfq.gif

The answer is no, they couldn't.

Vazduh

Could your lazy, drop an album every 3 or 4 years, ass fave [e v e r]?
ibeNO2xPcvzXfq.gif

The answer is no, they couldn't.

Yesssssssss, tell them!

I only hope that whatever's in the vault is at least half as good as his 80s stuff. He's still prolific, but aside from "Black Sweat", I can't say anything from his 00s output was a must-listen.

(If I'm wrong, I would love to be corrected)

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
OMG! SOMEONE ELSE WHO LIKES
the sound of
BODY SHOP!

Come here and let me give you a hug. <3

I like body shop too tbh

Sistern <3 <3

Body Shop is cute, but not much else.

Cute is such a welcome novelty from Madonna these days though.

There are a couple of other tracks on Rebel Heart that, mercifully, sound like 'the old Madonna' vocally. Where she's not got this super harsh nasal stuff going on that she seems to have fallen in love with over the last couple of albums. The difference couldn't be better illustrated with Body Shop and Holy Water back to back on the album.

3phemeral

Sistern <3 <3

Cute is such a welcome novelty from Madonna these days though.

There are a couple of other tracks on Rebel Heart that, mercifully, sound like 'the old Madonna' vocally. Where she's not got this super harsh nasal stuff going on that she seems to have fallen in love with over the last couple of albums. The difference couldn't be better illustrated with Body Shop and Holy Water back to back on the album.

Yes! This! I don't know what it is. Living for Love is like classic Madonna up until that whiny singing on the chorus. I think the tracks I've gravitated to on RH have been ones where she avoids that affectation. I like Body Shop but it just sort of goes nowhere for me.

Ouch! Glitter wasn't even that bad. Plus it gave us this, (which showed me something about Maria that I didn't think she had) as well as this, and this, which I still use to this day.

I don't use Don't Stop, but All My Life and DMTTYU are so slept on.

Baila, baila esta cumbia
Mueve, mueve la cintura
Todos, las manos en alto
Y griten, griten con locura

Baila, baila esta cumbia
Un ritmo, ritmo sin igual
Nadie se quede sentado
Todos vamos a bailar

iIp3sbFkAy5iQ.gif

My favorite Madge movie role is Mae in A League of Their Own. The confessional scene always gives me life.

"It's the second time he dropped that Bible since she's been in."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom