• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT-11| A Dramatic Reading

Status
Not open for further replies.

Majmun

First half of Honeymoon is pretty slow. I love it.
Second half is a bit more uptempo.

But it's still a slow album. Not as slow as Ultraviolence tho

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Anyone remember Kelis?
gFHXIbd.jpg

LG0UiNO.jpg

rhandino

Banned
With this one, who I will call Doris, I thought she was trying on other people’s outfits: she’s a baby in a closet full of other people’s clothes, a little girl playing dress-up, putting on shoes that don’t fit. I could see what she wanted to be when I watched her doing something when she started out that was starker and purer
Oh, this [ D R A G ] has Gaga written all over it...

Ym52uGg.gif

=(

Ten songs into Honeymoon and nothing's grabbed me yet. Hasn't really happened to me with a Lana album so not sure what my issue is. Maybe I've outgrown her sound; most of the songs just sound like one long repetitive track in the way she goes from that low theatrical tone to breathy high octave to that kinda monotone dreary delivery with overlaid vocals. Been there, done that, and the themes throughout seem like same old Lana. There are so many different things she could try with that voice but she insists on staying in her very narrow lane.

I'll listen through it again and hopefully I'll be more inspired, I wanna like this. lol

You mean Alejandro?

No, Americano. The choruses are similar but in different keys.

Ah-ah-ah-ah
Ah-ah-ah-ah
Cacciatore
La-da-da-da-da
La-da-da-da-da
Limousines
Ah-ah-ah-ah
Ah-ah-ah-ah
Ciao amore
La-da-da-da-da
La-da-da-da-da
Soft ice cream

Ah ah ah ah ah America Americano
Ah ah ah ah ah America Americano

Honeymoon can't be better than UV by default because she ditched the guitars but it is easily her second best. Great consistent material in there.

It's what makes it better actually... :p

I like just about every song on Honeymoon. Even Lana's worst songs are still okay. Her formula, sound, voice, ... It's always quality music. But I'm still a little disappointed because it's all starting to sound very same-y same-y, even moreso than before.

I wish she'd mix it up a little between her sultry voice, playful voice, soft voice and stronger voice, between different kinds of tempo's and beats (I want more Off to the Races in her discography).

I will however never complain about the actual instrumentation of her music. BtD was full of lush orchestration, UV did some awesome things with guitars, and on Honeymoon I'm a litte in love with the subtle saxophone in Art Deco for example.

I mean. Lana albums seem guaranteed to get an 8/10 from me. But I want an 11/10 from her. :p

I wish she'd mix it up a little between her sultry voice, playful voice, soft voice and stronger voice, between different kinds of tempo's and beats (I want more Off to the Races in her discography).

This sums up my feelings. She's been operating on the same formula since BTD, but BTD at least showed some versatility.

If you shave away the rock influences in UV, Honeymoon sounds just like it to me.

Mau ®

Some new key points from Rihanna's NME interview:

* "Higher" is her favorite song of R8 (!!!)
* There's no title yet.
* She stans HARD for Charli XCX ("One of the coolest girls I've ever met")
* She still thinks the Kanye/Rih tour will happen

Ahasverus

Wake me up when the next album comes out. If you can. I've never felt so sleepy as I do after having listened to Honeyflop.

Edit: Holy shit that new Gaga song. Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow. Hope this is the way she's doind her new album. Gave me all the chills.

rhandino

Banned
It's kind of amazing isn't? When Rihanna career is in a "comma" she gets successful singles, contracts from important brands to promote them, movie apparitions while Lana during her "successful" era is...

Meh
just like Lana
I will not bother.

5huJ2ER.gif

...wtf did I just read
The truth...

It's kind of amazing isn't? When Rihanna career is in a "comma" she gets successful singles, contracts from important brands to promote them, movie apparitions while Lana during her "successful" era is...

Meh
just like Lana
I will not bother.

5huJ2ER.gif

The truth...
meanwhile everyone and their mother releases new albums while rih is stuck trying to release something after BBHMM

5huJ2ER.gif

stay waiting i guess

5huJ2ER.gif

even her stans here have given up on r8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom