• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT-11| A Dramatic Reading

Status
Not open for further replies.
12039468_1086590238018603_2109655117029600834_n.png

Sucker era is officially over.
She looks good

I'm listening to Honeymoon atm. It's slaying me so far, I knew Lana would deliver.

Aguila

#ICONIC
She looks h o r r e n d o u s.

She should have gone back to the Superlove visuals. She looked great in the video.
#JusticeForSuperlove

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Mau ®;179204876 said:
I, for one, think that Charli XCX promo image is great.

Its not a generic glamour shot and its risky. I like it but I know she could look better tho.

Partition

Banned
God knows she didn't try very hard. Pretty dismal album, fails to offer a track even as close to being as good as WEST COAST. Quite strange she decided to regress in sound after achieving critical success and creative peaks, it is truly giving me *R*POP teas.

It's incredible how Lana managed to put out something even better than UV. Freak and Blackest Day are incredible songs that rival her other masterpieces like West Coast.

Meowster

Honeymoon can't be better than UV by default because she ditched the guitars but it is easily her second best. Great consistent material in there.

Partition

Banned
Honeymoon can't be better than UV by default because she ditched the guitars but it is easily her second best. Great consistent material in there.

Honestly, while the lows of Honeymoon aren't reaching the depths of Born To Die, BTD at least has Video Games, Blue Jeans, title track, Off To The Races, and Summertime Sadness. People are acting like "Salvatore" and "Art Deco" are of similar caliber which is pretty amusing.

Meowster

Honestly, while the lows of Honeymoon aren't reaching the depths of Born To Die, BTD at least has Video Games, Blue Jeans, title track, Off To The Races, and Summertime Sadness. People are acting like "Salvatore" and "Art Deco" are of similar caliber which is pretty amusing.
I rather like Honeymoon, Terry Richardson Loves You, God Knows I Tried, Freak, Religion were really good to me. They were the highlights. But I think I tend to like her slower music. I am pissed that the worst song, High By The Beach, was chosen as the lead single though.

Grace Jones is releasing her memoirs.

Here is a snippet posted in Time Out magazine where she goes in on your faves:

With this one, who I will call Doris, I thought she was trying on other people’s outfits: she’s a baby in a closet full of other people’s clothes, a little girl playing dress-up, putting on shoes that don’t fit. I could see what she wanted to be when I watched her doing something when she started out that was starker and purer

Doris? Kii.

Kate Moss often says to me that I am the only performer around at the moment who deserves to be called a diva.That gets us arguing, seemingly a little too serious if anyone hears us. I hate that word diva. It’s been so abused! Every singer given a makeover or a few weeks on a talent show seems to be called a diva these days! Christ almighty. Where’s the exclusivity? It’s so commercial now. For me, a diva is like the great opera singer, the great film star – out of reach, in their own world, with a real gift for invention, attention-demanding performance artists with a flamboyant, compelling sense of their own importance, so special and inimitable it verges on the alien. And of course the word is usually used to describe an apparently erratic female whose temperamental qualities, survival instincts, and dedication to perfection are seen as weaknesses, as self-indulgent, not a strength. So, Kate, I am not a diva. I am a Jones!

Yass!

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~

Frodo

Grace Jones is releasing her memoirs.

Here is a snippet posted in Time Out magazine where she goes in on your faves:

Doris? Kii.

Yass!

Slay, Jones!

I saw her live the other day and it was one the best experiences I've had. She is absolutely insane on stage (never mind she was basically naked using only body paint). Your faves could never.

Honeymoon is great, her second best album behind UV.

Til It Happens To You released too. I like the song but the video is very graphic. Good on GaGa and company to donate all profits to a charity of rape/sexual assault victims.

Good on Gaga for bringing the issue up. Nice song and great video.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom