• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT-11| A Dramatic Reading

Status
Not open for further replies.

Floridian

I Won't Mind - Zayne

An Arianna pronunciation sized mess.

igL3revVixLdR.gif

"Sexual R&B" yet serving over-produced Ed Sheeran. It's a demo so I won't go too hard on it. I like the outro beat though.

3phemeral

Just used Tidal at the gym. It's pretty well designed. Had most the songs I wanted to listen to (except Bjork's latest) and it loaded fast even though I had it on HQ quality. Interface is pretty intuitive and well animated; I was confused at first because there were no obvious menu buttons to show individual album options but after long pressing the artwork, it made sense.

They have the repeat and shuffle options buried in the settings menu for some reason. Not sure why they don't just add it where all other music players keep it: near the back/forward/play options. I like that you can fade music in an out and select how long it transitions. Track organization is a little cumbersome but understandable, since I can see people reorganizing or swiping away a song accidentally if it isn't hidden in a secondary menu.

Adding individual songs to your favorites doesn't add them in your music collection elsewhere. For example: If I favorited Dedicated by Mariah Carey, it shows up in my favorite songs tab, but not in favorite albums. That's fine and all, but it would make sense for the album to be there while only showing that one track within that album. In the favorite-music tab, all music is arranged as a list with no organization. There's also no ability to mass select all the music in that tab and play all at once.

Widget is super responsive but could benefit from having some size-dependent options. The album art and options all stay the same size even when the widget is expanded to full screen. Notification widget looks exactly like Google Play Music, only it's not expandable.

Music quality seems good. Although I was able to identify 4/5 HQ tracks from their website, the sound "upgrade" seemed pretty minimal. Only thing I noticed was music sounded less compressed and bass notes were warmer and more "full". Heavily synthed instruments like on Daft Punk's sample track I couldn't tell at all.

I'm keeping my Google Play All Access sub though. 320kbps and only $7.99/mo can't be beat. As much as I like the idea of HiFi music just for the sake of having the best quality, it doesn't warrant that much of a price hike.

ZTN7cu

I mean, he's obviously going to look 50 by the time he's 35, but enjoy it while it lasts tbh

Not everyone can be ageless like me or Gillian Anderson or John Cameron Mitchell~

rude

Banned
Just used Tidal at the gym. It's pretty well designed. Had most the songs I wanted to listen to (except Bjork's latest) and it loaded fast even though I had it on HQ quality. Interface is pretty intuitive and well animated; I was confused at first because there were no obvious menu buttons to show individual album options but after long pressing the artwork, it made sense.

They have the repeat and shuffle options buried in the settings menu for some reason. Not sure why they don't just add it where all other music players keep it: near the back/forward/play options. I like that you can fade music in an out and select how long it transitions.

Widget is super responsive but could benefit from having some size-dependent options. The album art and options all stay the same size even when the widget is expanded to full screen. Notification widget looks exactly like Google Play Music, only it's not expandable.

Music quality seems find. Although I was able to identify 4/5 HQ tracks from their website, the sound "upgrade" seemed pretty minimal. Only thing I noticed was music sounded less compressed and bass notes were warmer and more "full". Heavily synthed instruments like on Daft Punk's sample track I couldn't tell at all.

I'm keeping my Google Play All Access sub though. 320kbps and only $7.99/mo can't be beat. As much as I like the idea of HiFi music just for the sake of having the best quality, it doesn't warrant that much of a price hike.

ZTN7cu
pics of gym progress?

Just used Tidal
at the gym
. It's pretty well designed. Had most the songs I wanted to listen to (except Bjork's latest)
and it loaded fast even though I
had it on HQ quality. Interface is pretty intuitive and well animated; I
was confused at first
because there were no obvious menu buttons to show individual album options
but after long pressing
the artwork,
it made sense.
into?

rude

Banned
Wrong.

FS/LS & 20/20 Part 1 are fully listenable.
Justin_Timberlake_-_FutureSex_LoveSounds.png

He's not, but that's mostly subjective.
I'd search for and post mumei's dissertation on how awful he is, but I don't feel like typing out the words mumei or justin timberlake ever again so I'll leave this little heart to heart hanging with your unfortunate post. Kisses. <3

Floridian

lmao, rough times when you have to rely on Maroon 5 of all people to stop a Mariah Carey record from being broken.

I'd search for and post mumei's dissertation on how awful he is, but I don't feel like typing out the words mumei or justin timberlake ever again so I'll leave this little heart to heart hanging with your unfortunate post. Kisses. <3
ddddd, now you find mumei useful when you used to rag on him nonstop. You ain't slick~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom