• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT-11| A Dramatic Reading

Status
Not open for further replies.

WonderzL

Banned
what even was that? ??? ?

edit: they looked so awkward entering the stage. Nicki looked like she was forced to be there. What a MESS

Vitanimus

I'm just surprised at how tone deaf they are with the messaging on Tidal. It's actually kind of funny. They look like a bunch of whiny, entitled rich people begging for more money, and if you look around the internet, that's exactly how it's bring perceived.

basically

Mau ®

The way BBHMM re-exploded back to #1 after the performance.

The gap keeps getting bigger.

Weren't you all complaining about the small revenue that the artists got from Spotify just months ago?

I never complained. I think it's better to get something, as opposed to get nothing be pirated.

As Spotify grows, so does the revenue. It's not idea, but it's better than the other alternative.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
I'm just surprised at how tone deaf they are with the messaging on Tidal. It's actually kind of funny. They look like a bunch of whiny, entitled rich people begging for more money, and if you look around the internet, that's exactly how it's bring perceived.
I mean the owner of TIDAL owns a record label but he's pushing 'streaming doesn't reimburse the artists!' as a USP??? Like..........ok

Floridian

Weren't you all complaining about the small revenue that the artists got from Spotify just months ago?

I've been supporting Spotify for 2 years. I was never on Swift's "Spotify is evil and takes everyone's money" agenda. However, compared to TIDAL, Spotify looks like the good guy.

Mau ®

The fact that the only thing Jay could secure from his own wife is a damn playlist should tell you all you need to know about the confidence artists have on TIDAL.

Floridian

No new music at all.

HwpBW2l.gif

Frodo

Mau ®;158168677 said:
The fact that the only thing Jay could secure from his own wife is a damn playlist should tell you all you need to know about the confidence artists have on TIDAL.

Is Solange on TIDAL?

HwpBW2l.gif

I used to complain about Spitify tbh but I have since seen the erròr of my ways
If you use it as a music discovery service like I do and then buy stuff you like, I think it can be a great tool
Also it's better than piracy even if you don't use it for discovery, so I was 100% wrong

If you use it as a music discovery service like I do and then buy stuff you like, I think it can be a great tool
Also it's better than piracy even if you don't use it for discovery, so I was 100% wrong

I'm glad you let the light in.

It takes a new perspective to come around later sometimes. No shame in that.
I do think labels and artists need to take this into account instead of screaming I want moar money.

I mean sure that might not be what they are trying to convey but it sure looks like it.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
I think the biggest issue with Spotify is with smaller artists...that's what people like Thom Yorke have always complained about. And I respect Björk's view as well to some extent. But like....Taylor Swift complaining that the sound mixers or whatever don't get paid enough? Maybe you could give them some of your paycheque or something, instead of blaming the failures of music publishers on the users of streaming services.....

I think the biggest issue with Spotify is with smaller artists...that's what people like Thom Yorke have always complained about. And I respect Björk's view as well to some extent. But like....Taylor Swift complaining that the sound mixers or whatever don't get paid enough? Maybe you could give them some of your paycheque or something, instead of blaming the failures of music publishers on the users of streaming services.....
Yeah, this was my original concern but I never realised that it doesn't apply to any of the big artists. It's only really indies that it affects/hurts.

rhandino

Banned
I can't, LOL LOL LOL

0T7mn3s.gif

Some people in the music industry are so embarrassing.

Mau ®;158168677 said:

3mIb5p8.gif

omg confession but I actually really enjoy Give Me All Your Luvin', it's really catchy
0knanCd.png

also MDNA as a whole isn't that bad, there are some good songs
0knanCd.png

royalan

Why the hell is that Tidal thread turning into another Pop debate? Can we have ONE thread EVER where a pop star gets mentioned and we don't have a debate about "Wahhhhh!! But Pop stars don't write their own songs or play instruments!! Why are they more popular than the SHIT band I want everyone to care about!?"

I mean, not only is it completely irrelevant to that thread, but nobody cares. The MILLIONS OF people around the globe spending BILLIONS of dollars living and loving and hating and fucking and dancing and creating memories to Pop music don't give a fuck that the artist didn't produce or write the songs. And even if the Pop stars were writing their own songs, you wouldn't give them credit anyway because "LOL Pop music."

Like, get over it.

Oh, but JT, he's totally legit though.

Floridian

Apparently if you don't write your songs, need more than one producer, & can't play an instrument, you're not considered an "real" artist. Heh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom