• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT-12| Welcome To The Mad House

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mau ®

You've been bothered by her lately. Something's up?
tkEmHlH.gif

Isn't "Work" kinda smashing in the UK?

tkEmHlH.gif

SaintZ

Mau ®;196526258 said:
I didn't want to say anything but...

Ah1EXhY.gif

I don't hate it but it's not great IMO. I blame SOPHIE tho
Eek I feel the same way.

The song builds up and then it doesn't go anywhere.

Ah1EXhY.gif

Mau ®

I heard "Boom Blap" the other day at the cinema and it still was a fiery bop.

Y'all won't be able to say the same about "Trophy" when it's all said and done.

Ah1EXhY.gif

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Live Stream for the Brits
only works for non UK folk, blessed ITV for being modern

Show starts in 45 minutes, red carpet is on now

edit;
breaking news, Adele has discovered her bosom and that clothes come in more colours than just black
CcAEuXqUsAETV6q.jpg

MrV4ltor

Get 'em all, get 'em all, pick it all up
Stack up your funds like a million bucks
Across that pond, they all know us
International... whoaaaa!
Driving my car to a foreign place
Lookin' at me, now they know my face
We want it all now, we got it all yesss
Look at that, look how they lookin' at usss

zPE7X8O.gif

Mau ®

My first reaction to "Girlfriend" was pretty great. I don't think I had ever heard a more catchy song in my life up until then.

The video was a riot for my easily impressionable teenage self

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Now stop frontin'
every single person in this community has gotten their absolute life to Girlfriend at one point on their lives

Trophy is trash. Holy shit. Tragic.

Ah1EXhY.gif

Yeahhhhh, I was excited to listen to it after it seemed to "end" everyone here, which should have tipped me off because all the ended people were still posting. When she processes her voice so much that she sounds like a Japanese newborn who cries in phonemes, I'm like ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I'm still waiting for that one 2016 song that will end me so hard that you'll never hear from me again

SaintZ

Kesha posted this on FB
I'm so, so beyond humbled and thankful for all of the support I've
received from everyone. Words cannot really express the emotions I've gone through reading and seeing how amazing everyone has been to me. I can’t believe that so many people all over the world took the time to show me support and love. Other entertainers who knowingly put their own careers at stake by supporting me, I will be forever grateful.

All I ever wanted was to be able to make music without being afraid, scared, or abused. This case has never been about a renegotiation of my record contract – it was never about getting a bigger, or a better deal. This is about being free from my abuser. I would be willing to work with Sony if they do the right thing and break all ties that bind me to my abuser.

But at this point, this issue is bigger than just about me.

I think about young girls today – I don’t want my future daughter – or your daughter – or any person to be afraid that they will be punished if they speak out about being abused, especially if their abuser is in a position of power.

Unfortunately I don’t think that my case is giving people who have
been abused confidence that they can speak out, and that’s a problem.

But I just want to say that if you have been abused, please don’t be afraid to speak out. There are places that will make you feel safe. There are people who will help you. I for one, will stand beside you and behind you. I know now how this all feels and will forever fight for you the way perfect strangers have been fighting for me.

Yes, I am very much a feminist, but more than that, I am a humanist. I believe in supporting my fellow human beings in being SAFE.

We're all in this together. You are not alone.

I love you and thank you.
So I guess Sony's offer still included Luke to some degree. We'll see what happens.

rhandino

Banned
I think we all know that Kesha is completely doomed at this point.

Like, we can all say and mean #Pray4Kesha but the thing is that Sony and Luke are more worried about setting a precedent with this case than making money of her and her music.

She is done =/

Matt_

coldplay are tragic
microphones world wide should take out a restraining order against Chris Martin

I think we all know that Kesha is completely doomed at this point.

Like, we can all say and mean #Pray4Kesha but the thing is that Sony and Luke are more worried about setting a precedent with this case than making money of her and her music.

She is done =/

I'd have to disagree with this. I don't think the public will let this one go and she's causing a HUGE culture pause where everyone is keyed into this case. Even with a losing case she'll still find a way to make music and connect with her fans. I do think this will end up going her way if ONLY because the public will sway the tide. I think Sony will end up removing Dr. Luke completely from her deal which should get her back on track.

Matt_

tonights theme is "struggle vocals"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom