• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT-12| Welcome To The Mad House

Status
Not open for further replies.
Listened to all of these, and a bit more by Carly Rae Jepsen. Enjoyable stuff. Not sure I"d buy any of it, but it's pleasant listening. The Charli XCX song is pretty fun.

I might go back to Carly Rae.

Edit #2:

Grimes has a cool sound. Listening to some tune that isn't in English at all. Fun vibe to it.

That "Ultraviolence" song I found kind of boring. Needs some low, metal riffs, IMO. Like, really long, atmospheric ones. Would be pretty harrowing, I think.
I'm trying to free him from the clutches of Shitlord Swift, sis. One must experience true quality for that to happen.
How dare you D:

(Am I doin' it right? I only ever watch popgaf argue :p)

Edit #3

SaintZ said:
He said upbeat and fun. I doubt he's gonna enjoy Ultraviolence
*snip*
Holy shit, this album came out in 2007? It feels way older than that, the songs I recognize.

Opening tune is way more fun than it has any right to be >_>

Phreaker

So uh, first time here. I'm normally a heavy metal guy, but I'm finding myself winding down that path a little too exclusively lately. I don't want to turn into that guy that only listens to death metal and stuff with tons of screaming because it's teh br00tals, even if I do love it.

I do enjoy some pop music on occasion, and I'd like a bit more of it for variety and because sometimes I want to dance like an idiot white person.

Only pop I have on my iPod is Taylor Swift and a bit of Kelly Clarkson. Cascada if you want to count eurodance. That's it.

Welcome!

I love the three you mentioned, so I'll throw some out there too:

Katy Perry - Give Teenage Dream and Prism a listen
Kiesza - Sound of a Woman
P!nk - Greatest Hits So Far / The Truth About Love
Carly Rae Jepsen - EMOTION
And maybe some Selena Gomez and Demi Lovato
Also, get into some Robyn Dancing On My Own and Show Me Love
and Agnes - Release Me

Let's see:
That "Ultraviolence" song I found kind of boring.

You'll fit right in.

3ns37p0.gif

Listened to all of these, and a bit more by Carly Rae Jepsen. Enjoyable stuff. Not sure I"d buy any of it, but it's pleasant listening. The Charli XCX song is pretty fun.

Edit #2:

Grimes has a cool sound. Listening to some tune that isn't in English at all. Fun vibe to it.

That "Ultraviolence" song I found kind of boring. Needs some low, metal riffs, IMO. Like, really long, atmospheric ones. Would be pretty harrowing, I think.

How dare you D:

Edit #3

Holy shit, this album came out in 2007? It feels way older than that, the songs I recognize.

i see... Shitlord has already done irreparable damage to your ears..

I tried to save you, I really did
giphy.gif

I also highly recommend Born This Way, it was my go-to album years back <3

Sorry I'm on mobile so I can't hot link, but give these tracks a try (they're all on YouTube):

Marry The Night
Electric Chapel
Heavy Metal Lover
Judas
Government Hooker
The Edge of Glory

Natallia Kills is laughably bad, the tumblr hew of tumblr hews. Don't waste your time and ignore iT.
kErlpzY.gif

edit:
[Hook]
(Let my car run out)
Let my car run out
(I won't scream or shout)
I will scream and shout
(Let us die together)
&#8216;Cause I feel like I&#8217;m in heaven
(No one lives forever)
Dancing with an angel
(Let my car run out)
Cars burn out
Lost my breath now
(Let us die together)
&#8216;Cause I feel like I am falling
(No one lives forever)
Through the clooooooooooooooooouuuuuuuuuuuuuuudssssssssssssssssssssss

[Bridge]
(Let my car run out)
Hope we&#8217;re on the same wavelength
Hope you don&#8217;t think that I&#8217;m crazy
(Let us die together)
Beaches and oceans for my baby
(No one lives forever)
Hurry up and come and save me
(Let my car run out)
I can&#8217;t quite hear what you&#8217;re saying
Because my body started shaking
(Let us die together)
Beaches and oceans, love is quaking
(No one lives forever)
That&#8217;s my heart that you were breaking
coLP0A7.gif

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
She invented tumblr hews and is the only one that actually found success

Natallia had to change her name because everyone hates her

She had to change her name cause she made an impact moment with a staged moment on a dying TV show that managed to garner high ratings and coverage world wide for her staged mean comments. Still better than that SNL performance by Lana.

Vazra

so she had to change her name because everyone hates her?

For a staged moment on TV sure.Since she has a Vagina she gets hated but if Simon Cowell did that it would have been teehee funny shit! I could pull the receipts of you stanning her tho. I stan Lana but I don't go smelling her farts saying they smell like roses like some stans do sucking to everything she puts out. At least Verbs,Verbalicious, Natalia Cappuccini, Natalia Kills, Teddy Sinclair or whatever she wants to call herself the next week shows progression while Lana seems to be stuck doing more of the same for most of the part. Lana is lacking the creativity of her unreleased content, she is lacking the sound variety of her unreleased music which is sad cause it shows a lot of potential and is being wasted on her "daddy" and "look at me I'm depressed wearing H&M" music.

I rather take a hated artist that shows musical growth than a glorified copy paste artist like Lana. #SorryAbout #JustRideBitch (Still love Lana but it is the truth)

b035cf9b68.gif

Vazra

The new FKA twigs has grown on me tremendously. It gets better with every listen.

It may come as a surprise as a well known FCK Twinks hater but I actually like the new song. I hope she continues improving like this.

kfkfkfkksksj the fumes

calm tf down sis ddd did the spirit of the kanye west stans posses your ass

If only it were 7-8 inches of meat I wouldn't be posting right now.
dryDpEy.gif

Vazra

Sky Ferreira is better tumblr hew than both of those individuals.
kErlpzY.gif

May her new album bring her the success she deserves. #Justice4Omanko
034caa62d1.gif

Captcha

Edit #2:

How dare you D:

Edit #3

Check out her Album Kiss. It's slightly better than EMOTION, imo. This Kiss is still her pinnacle.

Also, check out Body Talk by Robyn.

The dancehall Work video is great. Its exactly what I figured the video would be given its vibe. I prefer it to the pink version, Rihanna boobs and all. There's the BBHMM vid for that, and it also being a great vid.

botty

Banned
I have accepted Same Ol' Copy/Paste into my heart. I think it's actually better than the original, too. Brilliant, even, on Rihteam's part.

Mau ®

This 7 Years song that's going around is drivel and emotionally manipulative because most normal humans have complicated relationships with their parents.

It'll probably be the song to take over "Work" at the Hot 100 too in a few weeks.

Mau ®;196456061 said:
This 7 Years song that's going around is drivel and emotionally manipulative because most normal humans have complicated relationships with their parents.

It'll probably be the song to take over "Work" at the Hot 100 too in a few weeks.
Eww, disgusting. Reminds me of this transparent plea for tears

Only solution to this horrible trend is genocide

SaintZ

jladjdadfsdf I miss messy Lana tbh

my favorite is this one tho
@LanaDelRey

U should feel lucky to have my $79 lipstick kisses all over your face. Ur probably used to those cheap tricks kissin u w their .99 cent lips
Queen of having expensive lipstick
67d90ee8r9utw.gif

Stan for the best selling single of 2007
67d90ee8r9utw.gif

IN OTHER NEWS HE'S AT IT AGAIN.
XbTjcou.png

zzzt5udw.gif

Floridian

I haven't heard 7 years until just now. Is this really taking off? It's not worse than the majority of #1s from last year so I don't mind it really.

Floridian

Needed Me is the 2nd most popular song from ANTI after work. I guess the GP has spoken on what should be a single besides Kiss It Better.

So uh, first time here. I'm normally a heavy metal guy, but I'm finding myself winding down that path a little too exclusively lately. I don't want to turn into that guy that only listens to death metal and stuff with tons of screaming because it's teh br00tals, even if I do love it.

I do enjoy some pop music on occasion, and I'd like a bit more of it for variety and because sometimes I want to dance like an idiot white person.

Only pop I have on my iPod is Taylor Swift and a bit of Kelly Clarkson. Cascada if you want to count eurodance. That's it.

If I say I don't like Modonna, Rhiana, or Beyonce (or Kesha really, though she has some fun tunes to her), could ya'll throw some recs my way? Anything upbeat and fun, preferably with lyrics that aren't too trashy. I'm still not sure where my limits are there, since Taylor Swift has some pretty bubblegum shit and I'm not a teenage girl, but I guess I can make some concessions.

I really don't know what I'm asking, to be honest, since "Pop" as a genre is fucking huge. Maybe just a place to start and then Youtube recs can lead me down some bizarre rabbit holes.

Lady Gaga's Born This Way album will help you
On that LP check out - Heavy Metal Lover, Highway Unicorn, Electric Chapel, You and I, Bad Kids and Government Hooker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom