• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT-12| Welcome To The Mad House

Status
Not open for further replies.
So uh, first time here. I'm normally a heavy metal guy, but I'm finding myself winding down that path a little too exclusively lately. I don't want to turn into that guy that only listens to death metal and stuff with tons of screaming because it's teh br00tals, even if I do love it.

I do enjoy some pop music on occasion, and I'd like a bit more of it for variety and because sometimes I want to dance like an idiot white person.

Only pop I have on my iPod is Taylor Swift and a bit of Kelly Clarkson. Cascada if you want to count eurodance. That's it.

If I say I don't like Modonna, Rhiana, or Beyonce (or Kesha really, though she has some fun tunes to her), could ya'll throw some recs my way? Anything upbeat and fun, preferably with lyrics that aren't too trashy. I'm still not sure where my limits are there, since Taylor Swift has some pretty bubblegum shit and I'm not a teenage girl, but I guess I can make some concessions.

I really don't know what I'm asking, to be honest, since "Pop" as a genre is fucking huge. Maybe just a place to start and then Youtube recs can lead me down some bizarre rabbit holes.

Róisín Murphy - Overpowered

Sky Ferreira - Night Time, My Time

Vampire Weekend - Modern Vampires of the City

Blood Orange - Cupid Deluxe

All are fun, smart, beautiful pop albums that you can blast out the car stereo without any shame... except for Sky. Listen to her with headphones cause she'll make your heavy metal heart beat.

Needed Me is the 2nd most popular song from ANTI after work. I guess the GP has spoken on what should be a single besides Kiss It Better.

Its much more of a club banger type song than Kiss it Better. You can definitely dance to it more than KIB, but they're both great songs. Anti is just great in general.

I mean I won't even deny that Lana's shtick is beyond tired at this point.

But Ultraviolencé (the albër) is qualité.

b035cf9b68.gif

Frodo

Fire Godemblem: Fates has already sold more than most of your fave SRPG series in 3 days so I hope that my 3DS sistren in this comm already had their copy and enjoying the SRPG eXperience of the generation.

hJRzYMQ.gif

She always delivers quality isn't? Bless her canadian soul for showering quality pop music.

WEqec5y.gif

I never played FE (shame on me, I know), is it a good game to start with the series?

rhandino

Banned
I never played FE (shame on me, I know), is it a good game to start with the series?
Yes! Fates is really the complete Fire Emblem experience tbh with Birthright ver. allowing for grinding for Money and Exp with straightforward maps and objectives (Beat the boss, Defeat all the enemies, etc...) and Conquest don't allowing grinding and the maps are more complex and the objectives to finish the chapter are more varied (Defeat the boss in a number of turns, Escape from the enemies, etc...)

Also both versions had difficulty options though so you can play the games how you like it =D

I posted the song yesterday but ya'll were getting your lives to Trophy and paid Love Me Like That dust.

HG7qiLI.gif

If only Carly was as popular on radio and in the public as much as she is online. She's a gem. She's supposed to be playing Run Away With Me on Ellen this week, hopefully it'll give her the boost she needs.

HG7qiLI.gif

SaintZ

I will never understand why Carly Rae isn't popular. I just don't get it.
There's a disconnect between her music and her image. Unfortunately for her, the public got to know her through Call Me Maybe and probably thinks all her music is childish like that. "I Really Like You" didn't do her any favors either since it sounded like CMM 2.0.

And Scooter Braun is an awful manager. He only seems to have time for Justin, no wonder Ariana dropped him.

The new Carly song is cute.

Mau ®

ELLEN doesn't boost sales. It's a well documented fact.

Y'all need to come to terms with her perpetual obscurity, kinda like with Tinashe.

HG7qiLI.gif

Touchdown

Banned
MARIAH IS PERFECTING HER NEW ALBUM AND WE'LL BE GETTING A SINGLE SOON. I WASN'T READY!!!!!!!!!!! ;LJASDLFLKJDF

d668370776.gif

d668370776.gif

d668370776.gif

d668370776.gif
d668370776.gif
d668370776.gif

d668370776.gif

d668370776.gif

d668370776.gif

MARIAH IS PERFECTING HER NEW ALBUM AND WE'LL BE GETTING A SINGLE SOON. I WASN'T READY!!!!!!!!!!! ;LJASDLFLKJDF

d668370776.gif

d668370776.gif

d668370776.gif

d668370776.gif
d668370776.gif
d668370776.gif

d668370776.gif

d668370776.gif

d668370776.gif
I don't actually think we're getting anything anytime soon. Her team is probably just stirring the waters, like that whole nonsense with a Beyonce duet.

In other news, look at Mariah looking RADIANT and being CORDIAL with her flop of an ex for the sake of #dembabies

ea5a1bf8c0.png

Touchdown

Banned
I don't actually think we're getting anything anytime soon. Her team is probably just stirring the waters, like that whole nonsense with a Beyonce duet.

In other news, look at Mariah looking RADIANT and being CORDIAL with her flop of an ex for the sake of #dembabies

ea5a1bf8c0.png

#dembabies are growing up too fast. They're almost as old as Arianna now =-(

Phreaker

That new Carly song

d668370776.gif
d668370776.gif
d668370776.gif

Truly the unappreciated, unrecognized, and unrewarded Queen of Pop ;_;

waiT this album 55 from The Knocks has other bops. It's not out yet, but there are a number of tracks available. Classic (feat. Powers) and Best for Last (feat. WALK THE MOON) are nice too. They also have a track called I Wish (My Taylor Swift) whaT?

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Mau ®;196519385 said:
Are ya'll ready for "Consideration" x "Work" performance at the BRITS?

hJRzYMQ.gif

As usual, let's pray for her vocals

lets pray she can be bothered to stay and perform this time
not-impressed.gif

or perhaps I should pray she drops out so I dont have to suffer her caterwauling

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom