• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT-12| Welcome To The Mad House

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
I tuned in at the last minute. He sounded fine from what I heard, but I was too busy studying his face.

attachment.php

Full: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIWmag3EOVo&feature=youtu.be

attachment.php

royalan

Wow...Zayn's album is actually good. Not GREAT, but good.

He needs to work on his vocal a bit. He's does that drunken slur thing a bit too much, and at times he sounds like a poor man's Robin Thicke (he rifs JUST like him). But hey, at a time when Justin Bieber is leading the male R&B/Pop pack, I'm not going to shade Zayn too much for his voice. He sounds ok.

But the production is damn good on most of these tracks. Takes it over the top for me.

I'm pleasantly surprised.

And the rather flawless promo he's done.

Parting Twitter's fangirl seas with various tattoo and hair-related shenanigans, dropping the album on the one-year anniversary of his break-up with 1D, new single and video ready to go.

the good siS was wise to leave Syco despite their thirst to keep him.

He came correct, and for a debut that's a high bar to clear in this day and age of lowered expectations.

Floridian

Mind Of Mine is a better album than Purpose at least in terms of the first listen. I'll give him that. Probably better than every 1D album as well, though I've never listened to any of them in full.

attachment.php

Don't get ahead of yourself over some good production sis

Beyonce was a bonafide star. ZayAWWWNNN will be a SoundCloud whew in record time unless he learns how to perform and emote on stage.

I'm not saying in terms of talent. Like, Beyonce is ten times better. But...it seems like he's garnering a lot of success and acclaim from this album; meanwhile, 1D stays ugly and struggles to stay relevant.

I'm not saying in terms of talent. Like, Beyonce is ten times better. But...it seems like he's garnering a lot of success and acclaim from this album; meanwhile, 1D stays ugly and struggles to stay relevant.
We'll have to wait until the pasty remnants release their solo efforts.

The fangirls' collapse when at least one of them has an unprecedented public meltdown will be delicious

I think it'll be Louis who cracks first
Is he even going to be releasing music though?

He seems much more interested in being a terrible soccer player and fathering children with fugly, overweight groupies with hideous hair extensions.

I think Liam's the one who will crack. He's way stuck up and will probably burn so many bridges because of his attitude.

Is he even going to be releasing music though?

He seems much more interested in being a terrible soccer player and fathering children with fugly, overweight groupies with hideous hair extensions.

I think Liam's the one who will crack. He's way stuck up and will probably burn so many bridges because of his attitude.

Oh I meant that as 1D is now, Louis is gonna crack first. And that'll be the end of the band. Not that they'd be losing anything of value...

Aguila

#ICONIC
Mind Of Mine is a better album than Purpose at least in terms of the first listen. I'll give him that. Probably better than every 1D album as well, though I've never listened to any of them in full.

attachment.php

omg. Purpose was AWFUL. I couldn't even get through it.

Anyone remember Nick Jonas?

tumblr_inline_mhykghUWeq1qz4rgp.gif
tumblr_inline_mhykghUWeq1qz4rgp.gif

Eek. He just released a song today: Close.

tbh, it could fit neatly in Mind of Mine.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
slay z is kinda meh
after three listens nothing stands out

moving on to zayn now

Frodo

57 and still not a legacy act

Well deserved, Rebel Heart is a good album.

Poor everyone else.

CAeamsf.gif

You left the best line out:

Also, Madonna has been the highest-grossing female touring artist for the past 12 years. She staked that claim in 2004 with the wrap of her Re-Invention World Tour and has remained the top solo female concert headliner ever since.

opawZRh.gif

You know your faves will never have this kind of power.

Them lazy bitches arm dancing can stay pressed.

Frodo

Listening to Slay-Z after my initial shock of the surprise rihlease, and I came to the conclusion it needs more verses. Like, you know how that one single verse from Luxury goes IN? Or how the Ice Princess verses are the best part of the song? A verse halfway in Used to being alone would kill. The Big Beat is the only one that could benefit from that chorus one more time at the end, though ("oh boy, oh boy I know exactly what you need").

The Big Beat > Along The Coast > Big Talk > Riot > Used to Being Alone > Queen of Clubs is my rank as of now.

Touchdown

Banned
57 and still not a legacy act

Well deserved, Rebel Heart is a good album.

Poor everyone else.

CAeamsf.gif

Every news story on her latest tour has been overwhelmingly negative, drunkeness, pervertedly exposing a young girls breast on stage, meltdowns, two hour plus delays. I expect this to be the last concert for the 57 year old. But then again, by doing these concerts it probably keeps her mind off of her kids not wanting anything to do with her.

Every news story on her latest tour has been overwhelmingly negative, drunkeness, pervertedly exposing a young girls breast on stage, meltdowns, two hour plus delays. I expect this to be the last concert for the 57 year old. But then again, by doing these concerts it probably keeps her mind off of her kids not wanting anything to do with her.

Savage

CAeamsf.gif

Frodo

Every story or only the ones you took interest in? The tour got raging reviews every where. It tell a lot when most of those drunk and meltdown news come from places like The Daily Mail (most definitely not a tabloid®).

Let us let aside the fact that your faves are trying to emulate the template Madonna set with the Blond Ambition Tour to this day without any effect, and just focus on some receipts, shall we:

http://www.smh.com.au/entertainment...es-it-better-than-anyone-20160313-gnhklc.html

http://www.theguardian.com/music/20...-rebel-heart-tour-no-other-performer-like-her

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-03-15/madonna-rebel-heart-concert-tour-review/7249056

Now, what do they say? Something about stones and glass ceilings, I'm not sure, but... oh well:

http://metro.co.uk/2016/03/19/maria...nutes-after-staying-in-bed-until-3pm-5761756/

Call me when Mariah surpasses Madonna's record or gets close to it.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
aRe TheSe soNgs oN tHis alBum suPPosEd tO Be lIKE tHIs? Or is this some shenanigans like LastFM song titles?

I have no idea, i'm changing them all
aint here for this habbo hotel talking nonsense

Some of y'all have unreasonably low expectations for some artists and unreasonably high ones for others and I can't even begin to figure that out

could u give some examples

The fact that Madonna is one of the biggest and THE bestselling female artist of all time yet people nowadays are calling her flop and 'a fail' disregarding those achievements she's had... I think that's what he means...

So like with ALL the record breaking achievements an artist has simply isn't enough for some people

Touchdown

Banned
Every story or only the ones you took interest in? The tour got raging reviews every where. It tell a lot when most of those drunk and meltdown news come from places like The Daily Mail (most definitely not a tabloid®).

Let us let aside the fact that your faves are trying to emulate the template Madonna set with the Blond Ambition Tour to this day without any effect, and just focus on some receipts, shall we:

http://www.smh.com.au/entertainment...es-it-better-than-anyone-20160313-gnhklc.html

http://www.theguardian.com/music/20...-rebel-heart-tour-no-other-performer-like-her

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-03-15/madonna-rebel-heart-concert-tour-review/7249056

Now, what do they say? Something about stones and glass ceilings, I'm not sure, but... oh well:

http://metro.co.uk/2016/03/19/maria...nutes-after-staying-in-bed-until-3pm-5761756/

Call me when Mariah surpasses Madonna's record or gets close to it.

Mariah holds many records over Madonna. Madonna can keep her touring record, hell she's been touring for over 30 years, the only way she can really make money since her albums don't sell and she doesn't write or produce a lot of her own stuff. People love paying money to watch a trainwreck in slow motion. And as the years go on, the motion is getting slower and slower.

Frodo

Mariah holds many records over Madonna. Madonna can keep her touring record, hell she's been touring for over 30 years, the only way she can really make money since her albums don't sell and she doesn't write or produce a lot of her own stuff. People love paying money to watch a trainwreck in slow motion. And as the years go on, the motion is getting slower and slower.

AMOUNT OF ALBUM UNITS REBEL HEART MOVED IN ITS FIRST WEEK: 121.000

AMOUNT OF ALBUM UNITS MIAMTEC MOVED IN ITS FIRST WEEK: 58.000

Also, Madonna writes all of her stuff since a long time ago. It is just that she isn't proclaiming herself as songwritter as much as Mariah is. And not a Mariah stan talking about lack of motion on stage. Not even dignifying that.

Vazduh

image.php

Meowster

Video version >>>>>>>> Album version
Of course - though speaking of Legend X's debut album, it's a shame how overlooked it is by the pop community at large considering it is far better than Baby and on par with Oops. Genie is kind of a masterpiece too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom