• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT-12| Welcome To The Mad House

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mau ®;200275002 said:
Zayn>>>>>Tinashe

I would applaud that label for focusing on the more talented, beautiful artisté but I don't think celebrating common sense sets a good example.

giphy.gif

Grizzo

[P R A Y I N G] for your faves because Brandy just eviscerated them with a single live performance.

Queen is servinG vocals, theatrics, AND glamour. Does your flop fave serve anything besides hamburgers at her local fast food establishment? Let me know.

GodBless.gif

Also praying for BET's shitty video player.

whoa it's just... I'm speechless... Those vocals... those runs... the way she looked and how she left the stage...

that performance was RAW, gritty and just FLAWLESS

👑 BRANDY 👑

Vazduh

Of course it does, yeah. The new single she's previewed, though? Sounds like shit, tbh.

Just like most of her recent output, which is bad since she's a hell of an entertainer.

Trying not to use the word singer since it would be giving her too much credit

Floridian

Of course it does, yeah. The new single she's previewed, though? Sounds like shit, tbh.

Just like most of her recent output, which is bad since she's a hell of an entertainer.

Trying not to use the word singer since it would be giving her too much credit

It was written by Megatron Trainor so.....

Not really expecting much.

Touchdown

Banned
CfYdxFbUEAIDcNF.jpg

ok so everyone likes to get up in arms about Mariah using photoshop yet here's a hew that has retouched everything from head to toe and nobody wants to speak on it. MESS

I'm sure the single will feature either Pitbulge or some other hew and will have 0 lyrical integrity as per.

4e3de46a19.gif

CfYdxFbUEAIDcNF.jpg

ok so everyone likes to get up in arms about Mariah using photoshop yet here's a hew that has retouched everything from head to toe and nobody wants to speak on it. MESS

I'm sure the single will feature either Pitbulge or some other hew and will have 0 lyrical integrity as per.

4e3de46a19.gif

Like... if you quit bringing her up, we won't talk about her. You're keeping yourself pressed.

rhandino

Banned
I just saw the "Visual 1" of Dangerous Woman.

Yikes, she looks underage in a lot of the shots which make that vid hella creepy.

tumblr_inline_n4qgs76L0B1soma0j.gif

Man listened to classic and 90s Madonna today, what a fucking catalogue

The fact that she still pumps out the occasional bop all these years later. Queen <3

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
Not to beat a dead horse...

But I listened to some ARTPOP yesterday by jumping around the tracks. I think the label "art pop" is appropriate because some of what I heard reminds of a sound art class I took, but the thing with sound art is...it doesn't necessarily aim to be enjoyable in the way music is often supposed to be.

There are definitely a number of songs I like, and some songs that I don't like as much have hooks and melodies that I love and wish weren't buried inside of the song they were. There's more than enough to give me hope for the next album. There's just too much on ARTPOP that doesn't work for me for me to return to it with any frequency (I typically listen to albums as a whole).

For LG5, I hope less time is spent on the writing and the production because somehow I get the impression that creatively she circled inward upon herself and lost some of what she was making. It reminds me of when I've worked tirelessly on a creative project for hours and then realize that what I started with was better than everything I obsessively added.

i would just like to say that On My Mind is one of the worst things to happen this decade

tumblr_inline_n4qgs76L0B1soma0j.gif

edit: top of the page
I've listening to Ribs by The Lorde a lot recently. This song made me cry a long time ago and the lyrics still hit just as hard :") Can't wait for Lorde's next album.

This dream isn't feeling sweet
We're reeling through the midnight streets
And I've never felt more alone
It feels so scary, getting old

I want 'em back (I want 'em back)
The minds we had (the minds we had)
How all the thoughts (how all the thoughts)
Moved 'round our heads (moved 'round our heads)
I want 'em back (I want 'em back)
The minds we had (the minds we had)
It's not enough to feel the lack
I want 'em back, I want 'em back, I want 'em

You're the only friend I need
Sharing beds like little kids
Laughing 'til our ribs get tough
But that will never be enough

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom