• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF OT 14: The Alpha and The Omega

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Dua Lipa - New Rules

BOP.

4937de5d94.gif

The full album went on Spotify today
4937de5d94.gif

Vazra

Little Mons†er;238952400 said:
Dua Ompa Lumpa slaying my ears right now

New talenT WON

4937de5d94.gif

She did that without a talent show competition, a girl group and lots of pop artists hyping her up to heavens.
tumblr_okkot3jQ7a1w4tjrqo3_500.gif

Vazra

So is Digital Diarrhea by Igloo cancelled? R.I.P

also Hopeless Career Kingdom is out, might give it a listen.

Apparently a lot of those songs were not making the cut so I wonder why the album then went delayed without a release date. Is not exactly cancelled but by what I expect is probably changing things up.

DOWN

Banned
Nick Jonas is having a whole lotta gay sex on that MMA show

7fcc1140-063e-0134-e750-0a315da82319.gif
That show must be cancelled soon though. Isn't it like some weird DirecTV only channel? No way it is making them any money which is why they renewed it for multiple seasons as fast as possible imo. Use up the budget and early good will before the executives say "no more." A weird web series kind of deal.

But maybe I'm interpreting wrong

botty

Banned
We're kinda in a new age of pop music huh?

Not a single mention of the old girls (rihanna, beyonce, gaga, ariana, katy) on this page.

Are they legends now? Maybe just 3 of them.

Vazra

Not a single mention of the old girls (rihanna, beyonce, gaga, ariana, katy) on this page.

Rihanna, Beyonce and *chokes* Gaga are legends I suppose.

MANUELF

Banned

Is Ariana an old Girl now? From those only Beyawnce can be considered to have a old career

The Flop

Banned
Ari is about to get her biggest press yet come Sunday.

Fifth Harmony is slaying

Camila is slaying as well.

All is well in the world!

Koodo

Banned
The Dua Lipa album is TOO LONG.

There are some major bops but girlie please press the edit button before submitting.

Vazra

The Dua Lipa album is TOO LONG.

There are some major bops but girlie please press the edit button before submitting.

I get it but then again that's the Deluxe Edition.(Which feels like it deliver those tracks to say sorry for the delays tbh) The regular edition is 12 tracks which is the average. I would trade some of the deluxe with the regular edition and call it a day. The US track list order is all over the place compared to others. The UK and German editions flow better.

omg wait Lana posted a snippet of a song she did with A$AP Rocky asflgkkfks she's really wilding out with Lust For Life I'm screaming

https://www.instagram.com/p/BU2ze8qjjrv/
Just for some clarification, the song is with both Rocky and Playboi Carti with production by Boi-1da.

Boi-1da also co=produced "Work" and "Sex with Me" by Rihanna, and did the production for "The Blacker the Berry" by Kendrick Lamar and "Headlines" by Drake.

It might be the second good track Lana's ever released.

DOWN

Banned
Just for some clarification, the song is with both Rocky and Playboi Carti with production by Boi-1da.

Boi-1da also co=produced "Work" and "Sex with Me" by Rihanna, and did the production for "The Blacker the Berry" by Kendrick Lamar and "Headlines" by Drake.

It might be the second good track Lana's ever released.
Which is the first?

I mean in your opinion because I think she has a number of good ones of course

The only song I really like by Lana is "West Coast", and that's only because I like the tempo changes that occur during the song. It makes the song interesting by going against the one thing I hate about Lana's style: the songs just don't develop into anything interesting.

They all feel stagnant and it doesn't help her voice doesn't really have a presence. It just floats over the instrumentals and with nothing interesting going on with said instrumentals, I rapidly lose interest.

Maybe I'm not cut out to be a Lana fan.

Meowster

When start Ultraviolence and the guitar starts strumming away with Cruel World and you just know you are in for something great..

It's weird, but it makes sense. Rihanna and Beyonce are working on their next projects without dropping tracks, Gaga hasn't been up to much since The Cure (What is the deal with that song anyway? Is it from her next album? Is it standalone?), Ariana is focusing on the aftermath of Manchester, and Katy is preparing for her album release. Meanwhile, other artists like Halsey and that are dropping new music, which
asides from petty beef
is what gets the posts going in Popgaf.

Edit: Don't mean any shade. I'm saving my shade dealing for when Katy Perry says something stupid next.

Vazra

True, I hate long albums as well.

Most songs are less than 3:30 min longs tho. That's perfect imo
I mean standard edition is 12 tracks . The 5 tracks from deluxe could have replaced some tracks from the regular edition but overall its solid

Frodo

As much as I like I tolerate Ariana Grande, she still has WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYS to go before being considered a legend. If I can suggest something, she would have to learn to breath and enunciate properly first. Just a good voice is not enough. When you put her side by side with people that know their craft it is very obvious her technique is still lacking. She does have a nice voice and her impersonations are great though. Credit to where is due.

No shade.

0SglOPV.gif

Vazra

As much as I like I tolerate Ariana Grande, she still has WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYS to go before being considered a legend. If I can suggest something, she would have to learn to breath and enunciate properly first. Just a good voice is not enough. When you put her side by side with people that know their craft it is very obvious her technique is still lacking. She does have a nice voice and her impersonations are great though. Credit to where is due.

No shade.

0SglOPV.gif

I agree. She has some good music but she has yet to get songs that can be considered iconic on the Beyonce, Rihanna and Gaga tracks. She has the potential to go bigger but only time will tell if she actually gets it.

Mau ®

Ari is talented, beautiful, has great music that the public enjoys and does not consistently give employment to rapists, pedophiles or homophobes. The other two (Gaga and Katy) lack in several of those aspects. Ya'll know it's true so don't get mad and instead reflect on why you continue to support them.

Lol no, Bey and Rih are the only legends on that list

Ariana has the most potential to join and is actually working on it, Katy could've but this era is such a mess that she's probably squandered her good will from the Teenage Dream and Prism eras, and Gaga....

tenor.gif

Frodo

Mau ®;239043744 said:
Ari is talented, beautiful, has great music that the public enjoys and does not consistently give employment to rapists, pedophiles or homophobes. The other two (Gaga and Katy) lack in several of those aspects. Ya'll know it's true so don't get mad and instead reflect on why you continue to support them.

Hun, when did I say Fadga and Katia are legends? I wouldn't say that either.

Bey is certified legend after two great albums complete with visual projects, and literally changing the way people release music. Rihanna is a legend for being a hit-maker in between breaks from her modelling career (although she can't sing to save her life). Gaga, Ari and Katy are no legends. Ari has the best potential, but it still is underutilised.

Edit: decided to edit my post just in case a mod doesn't get my usage of the word bitch is meant to be endearing. :p

Vazra

Little Mons†er;239048619 said:
Lady GodGa will be remembered in years to cum, that much is guaranteed. She is a certified living legend.

Ari and Katy wish to be on ha level

careyitsds.gif

Teenage Dream was that era of hits for Katy Perry. You still hear Fireworks getting used on the radio and Teenage Dream and California Girls get summer airplay. Id say Teenage Dream may have been played as much as Bad Romance on the radio tbh.

Meowster

Teenage Dream is like the most forgotten single of that era (despite being the best) aside from The One That Got Away though. Maybe ET too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom