• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF OT 14: The Alpha and The Omega

Status
Not open for further replies.

rhandino

Banned
Lotus was released November 9 of 2012 and since then:
  • We witnessed the utter floppage of former pop powerhouses like Lady Gaga and Katy Perry
  • Hitlord Swiftika 卍 consolidated her power over white America making faux country and THEN dominated even more after going full pop with 1989
  • Adele released 25 which had a troubled development to the point that she basically scrapped the whole thing and started from 0.
  • Beyonce went from 4 to Lemonade
  • Rihanna went from churning yearly albums to having a massive hiatus and then coming back from prolonged vacations and delivering RealMusic™
  • Iggy Azalea career came and went like a fart in the wind.
  • Pop music in general went from Dance to EDM to R&B to Sia/Tropical House and to whatever the fuck is happening rn
Oh! and the best of all?
  • Britney fucking Spear released a new album after the dumpster fire that was Briney Jean and it actually was well received and had some decent sales*

So, the question is... what the fuck are you doing girl?

BYi8B9z.gif

Lotus was released November 9 of 2012 and since then:
  • We witnessed the utter floppage of former pop powerhouses like Lady Gaga and Katy Perry
  • Hitlord Swiftika 卍 consolidated her power over white America making faux country and THEN dominated even more after going full pop with 1989
  • Adele released 25 which had a troubled development to the point that she basically scrapped the whole thing and started from 0.
  • Beyonce went from 4 to Lemonade
  • Rihanna went from churning yearly albums to having a massive hiatus and then coming back from prolonged vacations and delivering RealMusic™
  • Iggy Azalea career came and went like a fart in the wind.
  • Pop music in general went from Dance to EDM to R&B to Sia/Tropical House and to whatever the fuck is happening rn
Oh! and the best of all?
  • Britney fucking Spear released a new album after the dumpster fire that was Briney Jean and it actually was well received and had some decent sales*

So, the question is... what the fuck are you doing girl?

BYi8B9z.gif

Don't forget MegGod Trainor's rise to fame with one slay of a career!!!

New pop gurls stay winning

M30cKoj.gif

rhandino

Banned
Maybe we have different definitions of the word "slay"

b3i6e14.gif

Like, No is kind of usable but then she promoted Me Too and Better and I just went NOPE!

Come, Mr. DJ, song pon de replay
Come, Mr. DJ, won't you turn the music up?
All the gyal pon the dancefloor wantin' some more what
Come, Mr. DJ, won't you turn the music up?

MWy1f0m.gif

still a bop

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
Technically Katy didn't flop till this year...so it is weird to include her. Like Roar and Dark Horse both went #1.

evolve9

I bolje ti je!

nBgkASK.gif
jacques-voice.gif

Just chimed in to support my fellow croatians. Anyway, y'all stay slaying, this thread is pretty much my fav stalking thread, the amount of life I get from all of your posts is off the charts. Also Melodrama slays your faves.

Sincerely,
A stalker with good taste

I CAN'T BELIEVE GRETCHEN IS SAVING PERRA'S CAREER!!!! I DON'T HAVE A GIF TO CONVEY WAT I'M FEELING RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!

Gretchen be like:

QhadPbA.gif

omg someone please make this gif smaller

At least something of quality was born from that song.

M30cKoj.gif

Also popgaf gifs give me life tbh. Without them, I...

sZ7GaNH.gif

Not being shady. I saw gifs of her around here forever and honestly until today, I thought she was just throwback footage of Big Ang before the lips and with less surgery.

Vazduh

Just chimed in to support my fellow croatians. Anyway, y'all stay slaying, this thread is pretty much my fav stalking thread, the amount of life I get from all of your posts is off the charts. Also Melodrama slays your faves.

Sincerely,

QwFnkMl.gif

Well stick around, then!

Brhoom

Banned
Joanne is Gaga's best album.

I fucking said it.

The other albums have better bops, but as a whole it's her best.

Is the heat stroke doing this? I mean 53C° is not that high, is it?

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Kuwait. Being a Hairy person is not doing any good for me here...

Dang I'll be in Arizona tomorrow and there it goes to 120F with me being a hairy guy too. I demand proof that you are hairy just for scientific purposes.
clock-eyebrow.gif

Meowster

I fucking said it.

I don't think it is her best (the title track is a career highlight though) but I do think it is the most consistent album. There isn't really a bad track on it..the second half after Million Noses is kind of blah but not really offensive. Hey Girl is nice. Grigio Girls is nice. Just Another Day is fantastic.

jacques-voice.gif

Sincerely,

Welcome sis! Enjoy!
xoxo Joanne

M30cKoj.gif

I fucking said it.

It is a very consistent album than her previous ones plus it has Perfect Illusion on it

Come To Mama one of the best songs on the album?

Yes

I would kindly remind y'all that NØ was the last solo female top 3 hit. Trainwreck's power.

Nowadays the current pop gurls depend on features from male artists to reach the top of the charts. SAD!
My fave would never

M30cKoj.gif

rhandino

Banned
So Kanye is leaving TIDAL but TIDAL is going to sue Kanye because a breach of contract.

We're told Kanye's beef with Tidal is twofold -- his Saint Pablo album resulted in 1 1/2 million new subscribers to Tidal, for which he was supposed to get a bonus but the company hasn't paid. Kanye also says Tidal reneged on reimbursing him for music videos.

Our sources say Tidal's position is that Kanye didn't deliver the videos required by the contract. Kanye's response ... I'll deliver the videos when you pay me what I'm owed.

b3i6e14.gif

TIDAL is the floppiest of all flops that ever flopped.

EDIT: Also you can post your favorites TIDAL .gifs!

tumblr_nm1qp8HHU61r3ptbfo1_500.gif

fWegVnW.gif

tumblr_nm1af9jsM01rgqb8fo2_250.gif

MANUELF

Banned
So Kanye is leaving TIDAL but TIDAL is going to sue Kanye because a breach of contract.

b3i6e14.gif

TIDAL is the floppiest of all flops that ever flopped.

EDIT: Also you can post your favorites TIDAL .gifs!

tumblr_nm1qp8HHU61r3ptbfo1_500.gif

fWegVnW.gif

tumblr_nm1af9jsM01rgqb8fo2_250.gif
The Lord was too smart to be a part of that trainwreck

I fucking said it.

Honestly you're not wrong - the songs will age better too since they're so dressed down, and it'll allow her to embellish them in future live performances. Feel like the album will be really appreciated a few eras down the road, since it allowed her to relate to her audience on a deeper level. If "The Cure" is any indication, Gaga will surely circle back to traditional pop soon.

Honestly you're not wrong - the songs will age better too since they're so dressed down, and it'll allow her to embellish them in future live performances. Feel like the album will be really appreciated a few eras down the road, since it allowed her to relate to her audience on a deeper level. If "The Cure" is any indication, Gaga will surely circle back to traditional pop soon.

I agrih with this. I think the album will be looked upon much more fondly further down the line, especially if she continues on a steady incline career wise. Critics will praise it when it's cool to like her again. It sort of came at the wrong time, the public and a lot of her fans were hoping for a return to the supreme pop superstar she was... But she then delivered that at the superbowl which was a wise move.

WonderzL

Banned

I fucking said it.

that's just tea.

BTW I'm going to the Joannus World Tour this September!

rhandino

Banned
Also I know it's unrelated to pop music, but omg at that Rob K/Blac Chyna messT

tenor.gif
It's pop culture tho so is okay.

Anyway, on one hand I feel terrible sorry for that child of theirs but on the other hand I am screaming thinking at how Kris is feeling rn because how she always tries to control every single second of their money fountains child's lives.

b3i6e14.gif

Edit: Jesus, he is still exposing ha on Instagram?
Everyone wonders how Chyna lost all that weight after the baby and she lies to everyone but no I'm such a great Husband that on our anniversary I paid 100K to do this surgery to get all everything fixed as much as they could. And then guess what she did after she was all healed when I was by her side the entire time. She left me and my baby which she had out of spite to get back at her other baby daddy. I can't believe u would disrespect me like this

Ahsudh2uvs2bdjwns

rhandino

Banned
Eeek! I was just listening to this rn x_x

===

Jesus, he is saying that she slept with men in their child bed ';adl;kas'dsl;ak'

But let's be real for a moment, the only one that should be holding that L is him and not her.

Why? Because EVERYONE told him that she was only in for the money and fame yet he ignored all of that and still went all the way IN while she cackled her way into American's most known family.

It also makes him look like a c*ck for knowing that she was fucking every D withing range and he still paid ha operations, rent and cars.

A Mess

A Kii

A Cackle

b3i6e14.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom