• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF OT 14: The Alpha and The Omega

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mau ®

Let's not talk about G*gs and her misguided albums, ok?

We have better things to talk about! Like TS6 lead single coming in about a month or Rihanna already setting up the writing camps for R9.

Zedd ft. Liam Payne - Get Low

Ok this is a bit of a bop.

ece30484d636b571762278efd7ea519b.gif

Mau ®

It's not offensive, but it's not Clarity. The whole album was quite good and full of bangers.

Speaking of glorified DJs/producers that run out of ideas at the beginning of their careers, I'm going to see David Guetta "live" for free, I don't know what to expect.

I once saw him at EDC. Was honestly a blast! But I also took some pills so idk.

OrionX

WaiT.

Kesha - Praying (official video)

Am I dead? Or is this one of those dreams? Those horrible dreams that seem like they last forever? If I am alive, why? If there is a God or whatever, something, somewhere, why have I been abandoned by everyone and everything I've ever known? I've ever loved? Stranded. What is the lesson? What is the point? God, give me a sign, or I have to give up. I can't do this anymore. Please just let me die. Being alive hurts too much.

Also an article written by her about the song.

(a bit overdramatic if you ask me, but nevertheless a decent power ballad. Serving buzz single!)

edit: Album is officially called "Rainbow" and it's coming out in a month. August 11.

51QP4TGud4L._SS500.jpg

Tracklist:

Did a Kesha song just make me feel genuine emotion? Rise from those ashes a bit!

981ceced971af1c879d648e2809ff613.gif

Kesha - Praying (official video)

Am I dead? Or is this one of those dreams? Those horrible dreams that seem like they last forever? If I am alive, why? If there is a God or whatever, something, somewhere, why have I been abandoned by everyone and everything I've ever known? I've ever loved? Stranded. What is the lesson? What is the point? God, give me a sign, or I have to give up. I can't do this anymore. Please just let me die. Being alive hurts too much.

Also an article written by her about the song.

(a bit overdramatic if you ask me, but nevertheless a decent power ballad. Serving buzz single!)

edit: Album is officially called "Rainbow" and it's coming out in a month. August 11.

51QP4TGud4L._SS500.jpg

Tracklist:

Dammit Mariah. Hope she tries it with other producers...

Ummmm after being SLAYED from the SLAYTOON 2 direct this sayed me again!!!!!

How many times today will I be slayed?

Rise Phoenix, rise!!!!

981ceced971af1c879d648e2809ff613.gif

Zutroy

Speaking of glorified DJs/producers that run out of ideas at the beginning of their careers, I'm going to see David Guetta "live" for free, I don't know what to expect.

I saw him a few years ago when he was support for Rihanna. The crowd seem to enjoy his set more than her performance!

rhandino

Banned
Oh @ new Kesha.

Let me check it~

Mau ®;242734341 said:
Let's not talk about G*gs and her misguided albums, ok?

We have better things to talk about! Like TS6 lead single coming in about a month or Rihanna already setting up the writing camps for R9.
Ugh, I hope the wait for #R9 is less messy than the one for ANTi.

And while I hate to admit it I am also a bit perched for Hitlor Swift and her new Apocrypha if only to see the direction that pop music and culture is going to take for the next year.

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
Oh @ new Kesha.

Let me check it~

Ugh, I hope the wait for #R9 is less messy than the one for ANTi.

And while I hate to admit it I am also a bit perched for Hitlor Swift and her new Apocrypha if only to see the direction that pop music and culture is going to take for the next year.
Who copied Taylor Swift's 1989 era?

DOWN

Banned
Itunes is dead, perfect illusion was #1 worldwide and we know how that ended.
With a Super Bowl, Coachella headline, Starbucks drink line, Urban Outfitters collection, starring major studio film role with Bradley Cooper, and a Tiffany & Co spokesmodel campaign?

Brhoom

Banned
With a Super Bowl, Coachella booking, Starbucks drink line, Urban Outfitters collection, starring major studio film role with Bradley Cooper, and a Tiffany & Co spokesmodel campaign?

Don't get me wrong I love the song, but itunes is not representative of how well a song will do on the charts anymore

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~

royalan

Ugh, that Ke$ha song is so tryhard. 🤷

Like, I think we all expected her to comment on the Dr. Luke bullshit, but I was hoping that it would be through a track that's more her wheelhouse. Dr. Luck claims that he created you and without him you'd be nothing, so come back with a rowdy track that's Ke$ha x10 and shit on him that way. Or something like Xtina's fighter, where the rage is also carried in the production.

The only thing about this song that makes me feel anything is the fact that I know what it's about. Remove that...and it's a pretty shitty ballad from an artist that was never really big on ballads.

Kesha is going to have to come harder than this if she wants to claw her way back.

DOWN

Banned
Ugh, that Ke$ha song is so tryhard. 🤷

Like, I think we all expected her to comment on the Dr. Luke bullshit, but I was hoping that it would be through a track that's more her wheelhouse. Dr. Luck claims that he created you and without him you'd be nothing, so come back with a rowdy track that's Ke$ha x10 and shit on him that way. Or something like Xtina's fighter, where the rage is also carried in the production.

The only thing about this song that makes me feel anything is the fact that I know what it's about. Remove that...and it's a pretty shitty ballad from an artist that was never really big on ballads.

Kesha is going to have to come harder than this if she wants to claw her way back.
Interesting opinion and I do also hope that there is a chart topping dance bop in Kesha's future too

Just bought a Nintendo Vers and am playing Breath of the Hunty.

image.php

Slay!

giphy.gif

Glad Kesha is winning now. She really did get her revenge when you think about it. As soon as Dr Rape is mentioned in an interview or as a producer for someone (JLo) that person receives Toxic reception now. Seems like no one wants to work with him anymore.

Rapists shouldn't be given that special platform anymore

giphy.gif

Vazduh

Bladenic

HAIM's album is finally out after 4 years, crying.

Besides the singles, the title track and You Never Knew are standouts so far.

Cute concept, but they should have scrapped that "dancing" towards the end, yeeeesh. Any chance of this girl hitting mainstream?

Agreed, the dancing probably not too much tho lol. She's not mainstream in the US I'd say, she hasn't really had that breakthrough there yet and promo. But here in England she seems to be doing well, she's had top 5 hits here on her own songs and with collabs with Sean Paul. So we'll see

this is where I knew Madonna lost her way
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tYkwziTrv5o

The album had two bops:
Superstar
Turn Up the Radio
tumblr_nmm133CxrK1s0x5wto1_500.gif

and you could tell the project was a struggle lesson in trying to modernize that hasn't stopped since

okdHGBt.gif

But those are two of her worst! 'Turn Up the Radio' should have worked in theory since it was like a followup to Martin Solveig's 'Hello', but it features one of M's limpest ever vocals, and some of her laziest lyrics.

She really has lost her way musically, I fear she'll never deliver a good album again...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom