• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF OT 14: The Alpha and The Omega

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mau ®;242829741 said:
I liked MDNA way more than Rebel Heart.

Yes it was sterile but it had decent euro production.

'I'm addicted' was a banger ngl

giphy.gif

Also Gimme All Your Luvin' is such a pleasurable bop and has that classic Madge sound

giphy.gif

llehuty

While I also doubt of the real impact of iTune charts, Kesha is now at #2. Red updates will come soon enough, but I find it quite shocking. Taking into account that her last succesful release was in 2012, I thought that no one was here for her. Let's see how this evolves and if it translates to actual success in the proper charts once her album hits.

Bladenic

After listening to the album twice, Something to Tell You is AOTY and ain't no girl gonna top them with the possible exception of Legend Shania Twain.

rhandino

Banned
Ugh, that Ke$ha song is so tryhard. ��

Like, I think we all expected her to comment on the Dr. Luke bullshit, but I was hoping that it would be through a track that's more her wheelhouse. Dr. Luck claims that he created you and without him you'd be nothing, so come back with a rowdy track that's Ke$ha x10 and shit on him that way. Or something like Xtina's fighter, where the rage is also carried in the production.

The only thing about this song that makes me feel anything is the fact that I know what it's about. Remove that...and it's a pretty shitty ballad from an artist that was never really big on ballads.

Kesha is going to have to come harder than this if she wants to claw her way back.
I agree with this post and especially with the bolded.

That being said I also think this is something Kesha kind of needed to do if she wanted to get the attention of the GP (the fact that the song is charting is evidence that it worked) and we cannot deny that making a comeback from such a terrible experience has more impact with a ballad (even if its extremely bland and boring) than with a radio & club banger because certain people will get all stupid about it.

EDIT: Also 4:44 from the unknown husband of Queen Beyonce is actually pretty fucking good.

Moonlight and Family Feud O_O

I am also being slayed by the video of Story of OJ.

End me unknown rapper who is married to the Holy Mother of Pop and R&B

WonderzL

Banned
One, don't pick up the phone
You know he's only calling 'cause he's drunk and alone

fl2isQ9.gif

Two, don't let him in
You have to kick him out again

fl2isQ9.gif

Three, don't be his friend
You know you're gonna wake up in his bed in the morning

fl2isQ9.gif

And if you're under him
You ain't getting over him

Frodo

I'm literally losing my shit with this thowback bop:

No one can hear the things I whisper
No one but you, can hear the sound of my soul
Don't run away from me, I need you
I'm gonna follow you wherever you go

fl2isQ9.gif

Get up, stand up, open your eyes
Take me to the limit, never let me go
Don't cry, don't lie, open your mind
Come and take me over, make me feel alright

fl2isQ9.gif

Vazduh

While searching for some gifs, I stumbled upon this "vintage" Mau gem. Never change, man <3

what the hell is this

when did Hilarity release more music?

Her first couple albums had some bops honestly

There was also All About You which ended up on the Japanese edition of BIBO and had even worse choreo

GL4KfaS.gif

and also bad product placement

IgUDEKu.gif

That "earthy" sound was abandoned soon after the song flopped so she ended up recording electropop songs again. A lot of decent stuff wasted on her basic voice tbh.

DOWN

Banned
While searching for some gifs, I stumbled upon this "vintage" Mau gem. Never change, man <3

There was also All About You which ended up on the Japanese edition of BIBO and had even worse choreo

GL4KfaS.gif

and also bad product placement

IgUDEKu.gif

That "earthy" sound was abandoned soon after the song flopped so she ended up recording electropop songs again. A lot of decent stuff wasted on her basic voice tbh.
Not the Amazon Fire Phone that sold less than 35k units after claiming it would sell a million
A lot of decent stuff wasted on her basic voice tbh.
A Selena Gomez tea
IaA3xLk.gif

Vazduh

ddddddd that gif

New Music Alert

Rhye - Please

Like their previous release. Sade-like vocals (sung by a man! Yes, that's a man singing!), gentle, soothing music. Perfect for these summer temperatures.

Meowster

Rebel Heart had nice melodies and decent lyrical work. Definitely a big step up from MDNÉ (even the embarrassing cringe stuff was okay for the most part - Unapologetic Bitch was an album highlight) but the fact that everything was a demo and her vocals were so terrible and crow-like..

DOWN

Banned
I somehow missed that Kemosabe Records was pulled from Sony's website and their own site has gone down, but not before they announced Dr Luke isn't CEO anymore. I imagine this is a lot of PR, with Sony simply distancing itself since their contract was ending anyway. But I'm curious what the status of Kemosabe is now. I'd assume they are kind of operating normally but that Luke will just manage it kind of off the record and ghost produce, since he is still founder and owner I thought.

SaintZ

All About You was a BOP. Chasing The Sun ruined the era tbh. That and Hilary fucking Sparks with that HORRENDOUS video of her dates.

Anyway, one of my fave bands THE ALL AMERICAN REJECTS released a short film with 2 songs:Sweat & Close Your Eyes.. Tyson Ritter plays a prostitute.

Vazduh

I somehow missed that Kemosabe Records was pulled from Sony's website and their own site has gone down, but not before they announced Dr Luke isn't CEO anymore. I imagine this is a lot of PR, with Sony simply distancing itself since their contract was ending anyway. But I'm curious what the status of Kemosabe is now. I'd assume they are kind of operating normally but that Luke will just manage it kind of off the record and ghost produce, since he is still founder and owner I thought.

Curious about the status, too, since Dr. Luke produced Ne-Yo's last single which was released in May.

DOWN

Banned
Ok I spent all afternoon trying to figure out why they said the video for Sparks was “(fan demanded version)” and then I found the original version on her channel, which is a version of the exact same video where she cuts basic ass radio studio interview talking over it and then keeps cutting to a fake ass signing up for Tindr girls night at home filmed by camera crew, again talking all over the video. So then I see comments and realize that the more viewed “(fan demanded)” version was demanded because the first release was narcissistically covered in attempts at Hillary being relatable where you couldn’t even hear the song, so people were just demanding a version where you don’t hear Hillary talk about herself in it lmao

tumblr_o21va9ivJ41s78x4wo1_500.gif

Vazduh

So, um...

yVPddR8.png

Even Pitchfork confirmed it. Had no clue the song that's trashing Dr. Luke is released under his own label omg

oanTWu9.gif

Ok I spent all afternoon trying to figure out why they said the video for Sparks was “(fan demanded version)” and then I found the original version on her channel, which is a version of the exact same video where she cuts basic ass radio studio interview talking over it and then keeps cutting to a fake ass signing up for Tindr girls night at home filmed by camera crew, again talking all over the video. So then I see comments and realize that the more viewed “(fan demanded)” version was demanded because the first release was narcissistically covered in attempts at Hillary being relatable where you couldn’t even hear the song, so people were just demanding a version where you don’t hear Hillary talk about herself in it lmao

I think the first version basically served to cover up the bad choreo and that's the main reason behind the whole "Tindr" ~promo~.

Hey!
Not nothing ever last forever, no
One minute you're here and the next you're gone
So I respect you, wanna take it slow
I need a mental receipt to know this moment I owe

fl2isQ9.gif

Do you mind if I steal a kiss? (Chop, chop)
A little souvenir, can I steal it from you?
To memorize the way you shock me
The way you move it here (Hey)
Just wanna feel it from you (Hey)

fl2isQ9.gif

Don't be afraid to catch feels
Ride drop top and chase thrills (Hey)
I know you ain't afraid to pop pills (Hey)
Baby, I know you ain't scared to catch feels
Feels with me

fl2isQ9.gif

Summer bop is here

Oh Hillary...

L7Hl5Ta.gif

rhandino

Banned
Ok I spent all afternoon trying to figure out why they said the video for Sparks was ”(fan demanded version)" and then I found the original version on her channel, which is a version of the exact same video where she cuts basic ass radio studio interview talking over it and then keeps cutting to a fake ass signing up for Tindr girls night at home filmed by camera crew, again talking all over the video. So then I see comments and realize that the more viewed ”(fan demanded)" version was demanded because the first release was narcissistically covered in attempts at Hillary being relatable where you couldn't even hear the song, so people were just demanding a version where you don't hear Hillary talk about herself in it lmao

Not you coming for HIllary wig :aaah:

sZ7GaNH.gif

The album was really REALLY generic with Sparks being the outstanding song there but it made for nice background noise while working or driving.

Poor the rest of that era.

That was a weird period of time in which Hillary was promoting Tinder, Rihanna was using Samsung to deliver the ANTi[Hype] Diary and also some weird app in which you could see the #BBHMM vid irrc, Madonna with that Growlr/Grinder promo for Rebel Fart and even the FifthHews got some promo on chaturbate :eyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom