• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF OT 14: The Alpha and The Omega

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vazduh

TAKE ME HIGHER
LET'S GET WILDER

vP64PM8.gif

TAKE ME HIGHER
LET'S GET WILDEEEER

YLJjWUi.gif

Vazduh

I was streaming it on PS4 until maybe 30 minutes ago. I was only planning for an hour, but viewers wanted more. Especially when they found out that I never played it lol.

Aside from the last part (which is the shortest), it has probably the best pacing in any game, ever. I think you'll enjoy playing it.

I'm feeling nostalgic for pop music right now... I remember this one night back when I was in middle school I pulled an all nighter and I put on MTV and Only Girl, E.T, Teenage Dream, Telephone, TGIF, and a bunch of other iconic videos played and my 13 year old gay ass was SLAIN. These days if I did that all I would get is The Cocksmokers, Ed Shitstain, Some kumbaya beat song by a rapper, a bunch of unknown garbage like bebe reeks ass and dua oompa loompa or whatever the fuck it is...

I just... miss good female pop music. Ariana Grande can't do it all on her own
IT0peAb.gif

MANUELF

Banned
I'm feeling nostalgic for pop music right now... I remember this one night back when I was in middle school I pulled an all nighter and I put on MTV and Only Girl, E.T, Teenage Dream, Telephone, TGIF, and a bunch of other iconic videos played and my 13 year old gay ass was SLAIN. These days if I did that all I would get is The Cocksmokers, Ed Shitstain, Some kumbaya beat song by a rapper, a bunch of unknown garbage like bebe reeks ass and dua oompa loompa or whatever the fuck it is...

I just... miss good female pop music. Ariana Grande can't do it all on her own
IT0peAb.gif
Get out of here you baby boy

not my fault katy perry was reinventing pop music, lady gaga was actually good, and rihanna was rihanna when i was barely a teen

so many bops from kesha, jason derulo, the black eyed peas, etc.
IT0peAb.gif

Decarabia

not my fault katy perry was reinventing pop music, lady gaga was actually good, and rihanna was rihanna when i was barely a teen

so many bops from kesha, jason derulo, the black eyed peas, etc.
IT0peAb.gif
Well, in the period you're referring to (2010-2011), these songs also topped the charts:

Imma Be🚮
Nothin' on You🚮
Just The Way You Are🚮
Like a G6🚮
Grenade🚮
Born This Way🚮
Party Rock Anthem🚮
Moves Like Jagger🚮
just to name the ones I actually know

So saying those were the good times has the same feel of deluded nostalgia as saying OoT is the best Zelda game.

Also, for those of you who have RE4 HD on Steam, make sure to download the HD texture fan-made patch that's almost done and it makes the game look jaw-droppingly amazing. There's only the last third of the game to finish.

Oooh nice, hope this can run on my laptop! Such a flawless game, I remember back in school my friends used to diss me for only having a gamecube as it was too kiddy, purple etc... they were SHOOK when I showed RE4 to them.

So saying those were the good times has the same feel of deluded nostalgia as saying OoT is the best Zelda game.

giphy.gif

Well, in the period you're referring to (2010-2011), these songs also topped the charts:

Imma Be🚮
Nothin' on You🚮
Just The Way You Are🚮
Like a G6🚮
Grenade🚮
Born This Way🚮
Party Rock Anthem🚮
Moves Like Jagger🚮
just to name the ones I actually know

Awkward moment when all those songs you also listed are certified bops by yours truly

IT0peAb.gif

Frodo

Goldfrapp - Anymore is such a SLAY.

If post a gif of someone losing a wig, but I'm on my phone so please someone do it for me. Thanks.

Vazduh

Oooh nice, hope this can run on my laptop! Such a flawless game, I remember back in school my friends used to diss me for only having a gamecube as it was too kiddy, purple etc... they were SHOOK when I showed RE4 to them.

Depends on what graphic chip you have on it, CPU as well.

Hopefully it's something stronger than Intel HD! If it is, you should be able to run it in at least 30 FPS (there's also the 60 FPS option).

Depends on what graphic chip you have on it, CPU as well.

Hopefully it's something stronger than Intel HD! If it is, you should be able to run it in at least 30 FPS (there's also the 60 FPS option).

It's a geforce 840m, can generally run most last gen games fine, plus the odd current gen on low/medium. Just worried about the size of the textures...

Mariah is the queen of improv

mariah-carey_gif.gif

@ above i'm sure re4hd will be fine, as far as i'm aware it's pretty much just re4 with some new models + a lot of new textures, so the lighting etc will only be as taxing as ever, and texture size doesn't really affect performance (unless it's an open world game because then obviously texture size has an impact on loading/streaming)

rhandino

Banned
I'm where I wanna be, just you and me
Baby talking on the side,
as the world spins around
Can you feel your spine unwind
Watch the water turn to wine
Ooh shock it one good time

F8umuO8.jpg

Janelle is a national treasure.

@ above i'm sure re4hd will be fine, as far as i'm aware it's pretty much just re4 with some new models + a lot of new textures, so the lighting etc will only be as taxing as ever, and texture size doesn't really affect performance (unless it's an open world game because then obviously texture size has an impact on loading/streaming)

Ok, thanks :) Sorry I'm not too clued up on that stuff lol

I'm where I wanna be, just you and me
Baby talking on the side,
as the world spins around
Can you feel your spine unwind
Watch the water turn to wine
Ooh shock it one good time

F8umuO8.jpg

Janelle is a national treasure.

Bop! I NEED the good sis to drop another sci-fi epic

Bladenic

Whiskey sis what you think of the BLL finale?

I think my mom put it best: "whenever I see him get near her my blood pressure goes up"

Vazduh

It's a geforce 840m, can generally run most last gen games fine, plus the odd current gen on low/medium. Just worried about the size of the textures...

Basically what Garrett said. RE4HD's textures aren't that bigger than the original ones, and it feels like Capcom choose them randomly because some look much better, but some look the same. You should be fine, at least when 30FPS mode is concerned. Now 60 FPS is a whole different story - it requires a somewhat beefy CPU.

Mess I arrived at work today to find out my shift had been swapped last minute

giphy.gif

Not complaining on getting a day off though! Just caught up on BLL and OMGJSAHBSAJHB

tumblr_inline_ntxf67AuDw1r1rrg6_500.gif

Lord't throughout the entire gala I was on EDGE.
SO happy my queens survived, and COME THROUGH Bonnie!

Frodo

Zara Larsson is such a forced attempt to emulate Rihanna's success. Not saying she is bad or anything, but it's so obvious what they are going for that it is a bit off​-putting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom