• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGaf OT-X | Confirmed: Mariah Carey is the Queen of PopGAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mau ®

Rihanna looked good last night at New York Fashion Week

Mw3Xwl8.jpg

wait

Did you guys use Steelfish, Lana's iconic font?
iCfBf3pYirA7Y.gif

I did :D

Thank you to those that have already voted! As of the writing of this post, here's a quick rundown of popular opinion so far:

MOST POPULAR:
Lana Del Rey
Lady Gaga
Beyonce

CLOSE BEHIND:
Robyn
Ellie Goulding

DOING WELL ENOUGH:
Rihanna
Jessie Ware
Kylie Minogue
Grimes
Charli XCX

Everyone else is pretty behind so make sure to keep the votes coming! This board will be shifting a lot in the next five days so it should be fun. Speaking of, I still need to vote. Oop

Can I nominate the Spice Girls?

No but you could nominate them individually since they've all released solo work

(probably won't be good news for them tho)

@Soulscribe: Please sub in Katy Perry for Christina Aguilra please? Thanks.

Haha will do. :)

Mau ®;128917862 said:
NNnnnnnn not me forgetting Lana.

Can I change my noms, Soulsis?

Sure, do what you like :)

Here are my nominations for public record (lol). Keeping it in the top 40 lane (except for Gaga, RIP) for dat equalizing tea:

1) Beyonce
2) Lady Gaga
3) Britney Spears
4) Christina Aguilera
5) Rihanna
6) Katy Perry
7) Mariah Carey
8) Madonna
9) Taylor Swift
10) Nicki Minaj

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
Thank you to those that have already voted! As of the writing of this post, here's a quick rundown of popular opinion so far:

MOST POPULAR:
Lana Del Rey
Lady Gaga
Beyonce

CLOSE BEHIND:
Robyn
Ellie Goulding

DOING WELL ENOUGH:
Rihanna
Jessie Ware
Kylie Minogue
Grimes
Charli XCX

Everyone else is pretty behind so make sure to keep the votes coming! This board will be shifting a lot in the next five days so it should be fun. Speaking of, I still need to vote. Oop

No but you could nominate them individually since they've all released solo work

(probably won't be good news for them tho)

Haha will do. :)

FUMING at the lack of Madonna so far, am I the only one who voted for her? :mad:

Souscribe did you count all 5 of my votes for Madonna as she took up my 5 top spots, if not please do k thx ;)

FUMING at the lack of Madonna so far, am I the only one who voted for her? :mad:

Souscribe did you count all 5 of my votes for Madonna as she took up my 5 top spots, if not please do k thx ;)

Haha no I can't do that unfortunately, though you still have four spots open if you'd like to nominate anyone else :p

Madge is doing fine rn though, so don't worry too much :p

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
Haha no I can't do that unfortunately, though you still have four spots open if you'd like to nominate anyone else :p

Madge is doing fine rn though, so don't worry too much :p

ok I understand ;_;

My revised list then:

1. Madonna
2. Lady Gaga
3. Kylie Minogue
4. Sade
5. Becky Jean Williams (from Late Night Alumni but she has some solo stuff too)
6. Nicki Minaj
7. Lana Del Rey
8. Annie
9. Robyn
10. Mia Martina

enigmatic_alex44

From Gaga's FB page this week

10636056_10152813626139574_2982495524660832619_n.jpg

My fave genuine Hollywood couple tbh, they are TOO CUTE together <3

So nice to see them truckin' along meanwhile Mariah's ditching her kept househusband lmfao and HasBeyn's marriage to the Camel is on the rocks.

Gaga may be flopping on the charts rn but not flopping in love ;)

Leona and Fey :( I liked reading their posts when I lurked.

Leona's not perm though right? You can still see his avatar

So nice to see them truckin' along meanwhile Mariah's ditching her kept househusband lmfao and HasBeyn's marriage to the Camel is on the rocks.

She looks stunning here.

Leona's not perm though right? You can still see his avatar
Isn't that just a myth? I remember reading that it didn't really mean anything or that it was a glitch. I hope it's not a perm though :l

Mau ®

Apparently Rih did an interview during Versace's show and she said she's not releasing new music this year.

Welp...

Sydle

Voluptuous and glowing. I really hope she tours with Bennett, would love to see that show.

I don't care where she's charting, Heavy Metal Lover, GUY, Edge of Glory, Venus, and Telephone still play in my head daily and get me movin'. Can't wait to get more from her.

xLxsBRS.gif

rude

Banned
Mau ®;128929901 said:
Apparently Rih did an interview during Versace's show and she said she's not releasing new music this year.

Welp...
Beyoncé style November release methinks

enigmatic_alex44

mmmm, I'm here for ThickGa

Avatars have nothing to do with permabans or not, it's a site glitch.

Isn't that just a myth? I remember reading that it didn't really mean anything or that it was a glitch. I hope it's not a perm though :l

Oh really, that sucks :(

I really liked both Leona and Fey

Voluptuous and glowing. I really hope she tours with Bennett, would love to see that show.

I don't care where she's charting, Heavy Metal Lover, GUY, Edge of Glory, Venus, and Telephone still play in my head daily and get me movin'. Can't wait to get more from her.

xLxsBRS.gif

YAAASSSSSS such flawless taste Paco! Edge of Glory and Heavy Metal Lover are her best songs in my opinion, Venus is the best song on Artpop and Telephone rocks too, it's special as it's the only time I was able to tolerate Bey a bit :*)
Agreed, I'm loving Gaga and Tony Bennett's thing together, loved it back in 2011 when she did that Thanksgiving special with him too. I love her low-key jazz era she's doing now, and I have no doubt she'll come back to slay eventually!

Beyoncé style November release methinks

Hi rude :) Love the username and avatar combo lol!

Tell me what do you think about reigning Queen of Pop Madonna?

madonna3.gif

rude

Banned
Unapologetic racist with grating vocals, hasn't released a listenable album since Confessions. Lourdes is beautiful, I love her old collaborative work with Steven Meisel etc etc.

Well I'm back from Charli's concert and it was pretty nice although it was really short (like around 40 minutes). But it was great, she was full of energy, some pics:

A short video of her singing I Love It.

Break The Rules sounds great live. Same with You (Ha Ha Ha). Boom Clap is ok.

She also rapped Fancy... and I think I might prefer her version over Iggy's.

Omg I'm jealous. Did she play any new songs? I'm seeing her in October, hopefully she plays some new stuff,

xLxsBRS.gif
Where's Bloody Marry.

I honestly believe that after the ARTPOP mess is over she's gonna come out with an amazing album, she might never be as big as she was before but that doesn't mean she won't make great music anymore. Plus I need Monster 2.0

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
gaga will leave pop cause she will be too insecure to deal with flopping again and instead will play the victim that she was forced to shift gears

bookmark me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom