• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGaf OT-X | Confirmed: Mariah Carey is the Queen of PopGAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
Unapologetic racist with grating vocals, hasn't released a listenable album since Confessions. Lourdes is beautiful, I love her old collaborative work with Steven Meisel etc etc.

O_____O Well we're all entitled to our opinion :)

tumblr_n6a2xaUVpl1rfduvxo1_250.gif

I love Hard Candy and MDNA btw and she's NOT a racist, she was the original equality popstar long before Gaga whether you were black, white, gay, straight or anything in between <333

rude

Banned
Please stop. I can't tell if you're ironically stanning or being purposefully obtuse, but it's okay to admit that your faves are less than adequate.

I why is that? This is a really touchy subject. You know, I believe that I have never been treated more disrespectfully as a woman than by the black men that Ive dated. Ive never actually said that to anybody, but its true and I think its a cultural thing.
I think black men have just been **** on for so long, that, in a way, black women are maybe more willing to accept rage from a black man, because they see whats happened to them. So many black men grow up without fathers, without strong male figures, without a sense of romance and seeing a man treat a woman with respect. I always thought that I appealed to the black and/or gay communities because theyre minority groups and they are prejudged based on things that they have no control over. If youre born black, you have no control over that. If youre born gay you cant help that and you are judged by your sexual preference. The gay community does embrace me and is supportive of me; the black community, on the other hand does not.

Can I do anything else for you Alex?

iblYFxPg5bst1B.gif

O_____O Well we're all entitled to our opinion :)

2mm7kmp.gif

I love Hard Candy and MDNA btw and she's NOT a racist, she was the original equality popstar long before Gaga whether you were black, white, gay, straight or anything in between <333

her being racist isn't an opinion, it's a documented fact

EDIT: see above

cory64

I have never been treated more disrespectfully as a woman than by the black men that Ive dated. Ive never actually said that to anybody, but its true and I think its a cultural thing.

i8Nbk0eKDRsC1.gif

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
Please stop. I can't tell if you're ironically stanning or being purposefully obtuse, but it's okay to admit that your faves are less than adequate.

Oh I don't do anything ironically, don't got time for that kind of nonsense, I'll leave that for the trolls. I don't joke about Madge being my #1 fave, she's EARNED her spot at top of pop music history. Madonna is a lot of things, but "obtuse" and "inadequate" are not two of those things, not when her last tour broke records (for a supposed "flop" album which MDNA was not, it sold more than most of the "major" pop girls from last year).

tumblr_n6a2xaUVpl1rfduvxo1_250.gif

her being racist isn't an opinion, it's a documented fact

EDIT: see above

Context please, not even a link to where that alleged quote came from or when it was supposedly made. She can come off very cold and blunt in interviews, and it certainly wouldn't have come from a racist place. Aren't most of her boyfriends over the years non-white too? INCLUDING her gorgeous daughter Lourdes' biological father?

You want someone who is a foul racist, look no further than people like Iggy Azalea and the FILTH she has spewed on Twitter

gaga will leave pop cause she will be too insecure to deal with flopping again and instead will play the victim that she was forced to shift gears

bookmark me

Marius, for real, are you even a Gaga fan these days?

Partition

Banned
gaga will leave pop cause she will be too insecure to deal with flopping again and instead will play the victim that she was forced to shift gears

bookmark me

i can see it happening, she was already rumbling about making a 'rock' album
rofl.png

i think she will try it one more time with a pop album, it will do horrible again, then she will vanish for a bit and release acoustic records for the rest of her career

rude

Banned
Context please, not even a link to where that alleged quote came from or when it was supposedly made. She can come off very cold and blunt in interviews, and it certainly wouldn't have come from a racist place. Aren't most of her boyfriends over the years non-white too? INCLUDING her gorgeous daughter Lourdes' biological father?
In what way could context possibly make that quote any more sensible? I'm just assuming you're trolling at this point. Noted. Thank you. :)

Sydle

Where's Bloody Marry.

I honestly believe that after the ARTPOP mess is over she's gonna come out with an amazing album, she might never be as big as she was before but that doesn't mean she won't make great music anymore. Plus I need Monster 2.0

It's in my Gaga playlist along with Dance in the Dark, Judas, Star Struck, Love Games, Just Dance, Gypsy, Alejandro, and about 15 of her other songs that I hear at least once a week. : ]

I hope the jazz interlude will allow her to gather herself. Her early years were so great because she experimented and honed her music before most of knew who she was. We got to hear her best.

Over time I think she surrounded herself with too many people who were drunk on her kool-aid and just said yes to everything. I think ARTPOP was an experiment, one which showed a lot of potential...she can still write a catchy hook with a great beat, but one she'll learn from. She turned into a Fame Monster, so it would be highly appropriate to get a follow up.

At this moment though I have to try to five star Alejandro on Dance Central Spotlight before I can sleep. Then I will pray her ha. Excuse.

xBWl2iN.gif

enigmatic_alex44

Roy has been banned too

WHAT for REAL? I really liked royalan, a truly iconic GAFFER :(
What the hell is going on today? Popgaffers dropping like flies left and right. What a messy start to OT X :/

I hope at least this one isn't a perm :(

enigmatic_alex44

Mau confirmed to be worst thread creator

This never would've happened if I had made the thread

lmao not too much on inthezone :eyes:

the OP may still be a bit unfinished but Mau's cool :)
It's not like he's the one handing out these (seemingly endless) bans

Partition

Banned
the tour was messy, truly terrible coming after the BTWB, which was a good show

the energy just wasn't there, no one was really into the songs outside of Judas

Nemesis_

the tour was messy, truly terrible coming after the BTWB, which was a good show

the energy just wasn't there, no one was really into the songs outside of Judas

I agree there was less of a "show" compared to Born This say which had a really solid and consistent storyline to it. It was much more theatrical.

But this was a rave. A non stop electronic assault on the senses. It worked really well, and wa really fast paced.

I can't speak for your date but while mine wasn't full, everyone there was into every song. There wasn't as much of a "gap" on enjoyment between her old stuff and her new stuff, which honestly surprised me because I noticed said gap when I went to the BTW ball.

Partition

Banned
I agree there was less of a "show" compared to Born This say which had a really solid and consistent storyline to it. It was much more theatrical.

But this was a rave. A non stop electronic assault on the senses. It worked really well, and wa really fast paced.

I can't speak for your date but while mine wasn't full, everyone there was into every song. There wasn't as much of a "gap" on enjoyment between her old stuff and her new stuff, which honestly surprised me because I noticed said gap when I went to the BTW ball.

probably because the only people who showed up at the dismally attended Australian dates were the die hard fans, or those people she was giving away free tickets to, to help fill up the venues. my venue was pretty full, the only artpop song that uniformly got a rise out of people was G.U.Y.

enigmatic_alex44

Maybe she just needs a break

Well the last time she took a break the public was not there for her when she returned with ARTPOP. She can't afford another break as she may not have a career when she comes back this time (and sadly I think she needs one, she's been looking so tired lately). Sadly popstars fizzle out pretty quickly these days if they leave the public eye for too long

Nemesis_

probably because the only people who showed up at the dismally attended Australian dates were the die hard fans, or those people she was giving away free tickets to, to help fill up the venues. my venue was pretty full, the only artpop song that uniformly got a rise out of people was G.U.Y.

What am I meant to say to this? "oh what a shit act she is, her fans attend her concerts"

&#128530;

She gave away tickets for free to one date out of the entire leg which was the second date that shouldn't have been added (but I'm not making excuses, she really SHOULDNT have added more) and the B2G1 free offer wasn't even publicly available, you had to be a QANTAS member.

The paws down cherry picking

Well the last time she took a break the public was not there for her when she returned with ARTPOP. She can't afford another break as she may not have a career when she comes back this time (and sadly I think she needs one, she's been looking so tired lately). Sadly popstars fizzle out pretty quickly these days if they leave the public eye for too long
true, she was looking so messy in that pic posted in the last thread. I think she needs to stay way from the pretentious art crap after ARTPOP, it''s supposed to sound different from all other Pop yet it doesn't do anything new. She just needs to make good music, not mix art and pop (???)

Partition

Banned
true, she was looking so messy in that pic posted in the last thread. I think she needs to stay way from the pretentious Art crap after ARTPOP, it''s supposed to sound different from all other Pop yet it really doesn't, and that's okay. She just needs to make good music, not mix art and pop (???)

that picture I dug up was actually from 2010, when she was at her peak

i don't even want to imagine the creature she has become now under all that caked on makeup &#128064;

Nemesis_

true, she was looking so messy in that pic posted in the last thread. I think she needs to stay way from the pretentious art crap after ARTPOP, it''s supposed to sound different from all other Pop yet it doesn't do anything new. She just needs to make good music, not mix art and pop (???)

Pretty much, she just needs to stop acting like she has something to prove and let her music speak for itself.

I have a feeling that will never happen now, though.

Partition

Banned
Pretty much, she just needs to stop acting like she has something to prove and let her music speak for itself.

she is releasing a jazz record

and going to space

she has no intentions of letting her work speak for itself

rude

Banned
No, what Gaga needs is an editor. Someone who has input on every single decision that crosses her mind. ARTPOP is what Gaga is self-governed. She doesn't need that kind of power.

that picture I dug up was actually from 2010, when she was at her peak

i don't even want to imagine the creature she has become now under all that caked on makeup &#128064;
wait what
tumblr_inline_nb8wkuhodo1skhmow.gif

it must be pretty stressful then.

tbh
The Fame Monster is so good because it doesn't try to make a statement, it just tries to have good music and it does.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom