• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGaf OT-X | Confirmed: Mariah Carey is the Queen of PopGAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

rude

Banned
waiT...Sam Smith is 22...

ibcXrpsOJCdrGf.gif

rude

Banned
My soul is awry, without asking why
I said, "te amo, wish somebody'd tell me what she said"
Don't it mean "I love you"?

tumblr_lkjwuj2CcA1qa7ezu.gif

Nemesis_

Ariana Grande cancels Australian media photo shoot after issuing long list of demands

POCKET rocket popette Ariana Grande has an extra-large list of diva demands for her Australian chatfest.

And most of them are don’ts rather than dos, resulting in the abrupt cancellation of Grande’s photo shoots today.

All media who were granted an audience with the 21-year-old singer were instructed to steer clear of delicate topics during her promotional visit this week.

DON’T ask questions about:

(1) Relationships/Dating/Ex-boyfriends
(2) Mariah Carey
(3) Sam & Cat/Jennette McCurdy
(4) Working/collaborating with Justin Bieber
(5) Her grandfather passing away

Photographers were also given last-minute instructions from the Problem star’s minders.

*DON’T use natural light.
*DO shoot only from the left side of her face.

Grande’s first sitting for mX newspaper was a stop-start affair, with the singer checking each frame after it was taken and asking for shots she wasn’t pleased with to be deleted.

After a few minutes she left the hotel suite, complaining to her reps that she was unhappy with how her top looked in the poses.

Everyone assumed she had just gone back to her room at The Darling Hotel to change her outfit.

The remaining photographers waiting to capture the Bang Bang pop star’s close-up had already been put through their paces by the entertainer’s creative directors.

Grande insists on being shot from the left and if you have lights, use those instead of the sunlight streaming in through the window on the gorgeous Sydney spring afternoon.

After another 20 minutes of waiting for Grande to switch outfits, one of her representatives returned, demanding the mX photographer delete all his photos.

He refused and was later approached at his car by a member of the singer’s security team who attempted to prevent him closing the tailgate on his car as he stowed his equipment.

The singer then ditched the rest of the happy snaps session for various newspaper outlets including News Corp Australia.

http://www.news.com.au/entertainmen...-list-of-demands/story-e6frfn09-1227051833588

I think it's somewhat reasonable that she didn't want those specific questions asked (since almost everyone has similar "demands" when it comes to interviews). But the rest is ridiculous.

Touchdown

Banned
Roy's always warning against getting banned, what could he have done?? Him and Leona within a day? Can we stop the madness please??!!

il4n55nQU3d6f.gif

Wtf is going on? Now Roy is banned!?? This is getting crazy. What kind of PopGAF Salem witch hunt is going down right now? Legit pissed right now.

I like this idea for this tournament. It almost sounds like an idea I was going to start for a website called "project girl group" in which people got to vote on who the best girl group was for the week, month and year with natural real time stats. It was going to be a site where the true fave would win. Very cool Soul!

I don't have 10 faves but I'll come up with something.

No, what Gaga needs is an editor. Someone who has input on every single decision that crosses her mind. ARTPOP is what Gaga is self-governed. She doesn't need that kind of power.

Bingo.

You can be gone as long as you'd like, it doesn't matter if you don't come back with something big. Beyonce was gone for three years before releasing Run The World, which flopped. Gaga was MIA for a year-plus before releasing ARTPOP, which wasn't what the public wanted at the time. Rihanna meanwhile maintained a presence on radio and TV for three years straight and no one was tired of her. She sucks compared to the other two but she released songs that people liked to hear. Getting people to "miss you" only works if you come back with something major. No one would have said "we missed you, Bey!" if she released another Run The World last year. She released something great and unexpected, and the praise followed suit.

If you want to do well on radio, just make songs for the radio. Taylor's doing it, Rihanna's going to do it, and I'm certain Adele will do it too. Lady Gaga doesn't have to go for the radio rat race if she doesn't want to, and the fact that she gave 50% effort during the ARTPOP era shows that she wasn't as thirsty for it this time.

Do I think Gaga wants to be a radio queen? Absolutely. The problem was that she wanted everything on her terms. A good editor/manager will polish her image and output, and put her back on track. I do think she's willingly taking a break from the radio rat race but I know she'll come back to it when she's ready and focused again.

Sorta wished she wrote less though. She writes a lot of songs constantly and I'm sure with the pace she goes they're mostly a mish mash of ideas that aren't fully realized. If she put a lot of those ideas together and made fewer but better songs, ARTPOP would have been a much better album.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
godddd i really hope that they do an actual leg of the do it again tour in the uk

i want to see it again so much

Vitanimus

godddd i really hope that they do an actual leg of the do it again tour in the uk

i want to see it again so much

I need to see her, I missed out when my friends when to see her in Manchester and
Natalia Kills
was supporting

I need to experience Sayit, her hymn and scripture

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
I'm officially slayed by iamamiwhoami <3 Blue Blue is incredible and I've checked out most of their/her other songs and I love pretty much all of it even if the videos are a bit same-y. I'm reading up on them/her (seriously, is it THEM or HER?) and apparently their new upcoming release is expected to be more mainstream? UGH, I'm having flashbacks to that TRASH Random Access Memories, I was a huge Daft Punk fan until that garbage album where they tried to go mainstream.
Hopefully iamamiwhoami doesn't lose their/her ethereal quality, I need more music like that :)

Roy's always warning against getting banned, what could he have done?? Him and Leona within a day? Can we stop the madness please??!!

il4n55nQU3d6f.gif

Lawd I miss Zach Attack SO MUCH on Big Brother :(

If Frankie wins this mess of a season I'm DONE

il4n55nQU3d6f.gif

I'm officially stanning Kylie Minogue after Aphrodite. Let me listen to her other workS

She and Robyn are so alike to me though. Don't know who I like more tbh

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
I'm officially stanning Kylie Minogue after Aphrodite.

yes!!!! :)

Kylie is one of my all-time faves. She had a FLAWLESS run of consecutive albums from Light Years > Fever > Body Language > X > Aphrodite, just amazing. A shame that Kiss Me Once was so horrible, but a misfire by Kylie is a rare thing so I'm sure her next album will be back on track :D

If you liked Aphrodite check out the other 4 that preceded it, they are just as good (a few are even better)

Swift's focus on sisterhood cuts both ways, because when another woman crosses her, she's equally fierce about hitting back. The angriest song on 1989 is called "Bad Blood," and it's about another female artist Swift declines to name. "For years, I was never sure if we were friends or not," she says. "She would come up to me at awards shows and say something and walk away, and I would think, 'Are we friends, or did she just give me the harshest insult of my life?'" Then last year, the other star crossed a line. "She did something so horrible," Swift says. "I was like, 'Oh, we're just straight-up enemies.' And it wasn't even about a guy! It had to do with business. She basically tried to sabotage an entire arena tour. She tried to hire a bunch of people out from under me. And I'm surprisingly non-confrontational &#8211; you would not believe how much I hate conflict. So now I have to avoid her. It's awkward, and I don't like it."

x

A bunch of Taylor's dancers left midway through the Red tour to go back to Katy Perry.

The Lord dragging La Perra in song will be the greatest thing ever recorded.

cory64

But Swift is unfazed. “You want to know a trick to immediately go from feeling victimized to feeling awesome?” she says. She pulls out her phone and hands me the earbuds: “This is my go-to.” She presses play, and Kendrick Lamar’s “Backseat Freestyle” fills the speakers. As Swift bobs her head, Lamar raps:

All my life I want money and power
Respect my mind or die from lead shower
I pray my dick get big as the Eiffel Tower
So I can fuck the world for 72 hours
Goddamn, I feel amazing
Damn, I’m in the Matrix …Swift smiles wide. “I know every word.”

white girls need to be stopped

i4R02abwwYkP7.gif

enigmatic_alex44

I always knew Katy's sweet girl act was a ruse. My friend met her and Britney at the concert arena when she worked there 2 years back, Katy was demanding and VILE, and despite her B.O. lol she says Knee was pleasant.
Thankfully I don't stan for FAKES (if my fave(s) is a bitch well then she/they OWN it)

Vitanimus

I always knew Katy's sweet girl act was a ruse. My friend met her and Britney at the concert arena when she worked there 2 years back, Katy was demanding and VILE, and despite her B.O. lol she says Knee was pleasant.
Thankfully I don't stan for FAKES (if my fave(s) is a bitch well then she/they OWN it)

i4R02abwwYkP7.gif

Vazduh

Those pop girls can be so childish and petty sometimes. Taydonna included. Boo, Katy hates me. Get over it and move on, jeez!

Paging good sis Nemesis_, btw.

For some reason Havana Brown released the music video for her flop-bop Ba-Bing, which was released a year ago. The video is a complete mess, but the song punches a bit
(a lot, actually).

J1ayD7n.gif

Havana Brown - Ba-Bing

Vazduh

I don't know if any of you will be excited about this piece of news, but I was really happy when I heard about this project.

you-and-me-roseave-album-cover-2014-billboard-650x430.jpg

Basically, this is a collab between P!nk and Dallas Green aka City and Colour. He opened for her tour once iirc, and I remember seeing the clip of them singing What Makes A Man and thinking how cool if it would be if they did at least one song together.

Well, turns out they made an entire album, which will be out in a month via RCA Records.

And the first single is here!

You+Me - You and Me (lyric video)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom