• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT4| asdfjkl;asdfjkl;

Status
Not open for further replies.

royalan

Lucas Secon, the man who produced "Red Hot Kinda Love" from Lotus, has been tweeting that the song is getting prepped to be released as a single.

This would fit speculation that RCA was testing the song when RHKL started registering tiny bits of AI a few weeks ago.

................this would also fit recent rumors that Just A Fool is being ditched as a single. Just A Buzz Single....

i6GKkQFbRZ5Mr.gif

Personally, I don't know what the fuck is going on. I love RHKL (it's the cornerstone of my exercise playlist), but not a single fucking decision made this era has made sense. I dunno. I'm over it. But I do love the song. ;___;

Lord, if someone would have told me back in 2011 that Xtina's next era would be EVEN MESSIER than Bionic Era I never would have believed it.

Bladenic

Lucas Secon, the man who produced "Red Hot Kinda Love" from Lotus, has been tweeting that the song is getting prepped to be released as a single.

This would fit speculation that RCA was testing the song when RHKL started registering tiny bits of AI a few weeks ago.

................this would also fit recent rumors that Just A Fool is being ditched as a single. Just A Buzz Single....

i6GKkQFbRZ5Mr.gif

Personally, I don't know what the fuck is going on. I love RHKL (it's the cornerstone of my exercise playlist), but not a single fucking decision made this era has made sense. I dunno. I'm over it. But I do love the song. ;___;

Lord, if someone would have told me back in 2011 that Xtina's next era would be EVEN MESSIER than Bionic Era I never would have believed it.

Kiiiiiiiii not you admitting defeat (finally). RIP.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
Billboard has lowered their expectations for Shit & Tie from 400k+ to 330k+

As reported yesterday (Jan. 14), Justin Timberlake's new single "Suit & Tie" is selling briskly and bound for a big first-week sales figure.

Label sources suggest that "Suit & Tie" may sell around 330,000 - 350,000 downloads by the end of the tracking week on Sunday, Jan. 20. That would easily earn Timberlake his best sales week ever for a song, surpassing the 250,000 that greeted "SexyBack" in 2006.

those chances for a #1 are depleting

i2UPQcvDtuUQG.gif

Tomorrow the first lead single of ARTPOP will be announced

i2UPQcvDtuUQG.gif

lol what makes you think that?

EDIT: By the way American Idol was super fun tonight. I totally ended up sorta stanning for Nicki Minaj by the end of it. Mariah was exactly what I expected Mariah to be like. Radiant but painfully up her own ass.

Nemesis_

I am musically starving for new music. She needs to do something already.

I think it's high time something got announced. If it has a release date I think she might be finally done, but we'll see how things go.

I am, at the moment, expecting at least a few track names or even a tracklisting. I know it's a lot, but I think she will try to feed us something. Or do what she did pre-BTW and talk about three to four songs and what they mean or something. I think at the very least we'll get some confirmation on things we already know.

I also wouldn't be surprised if she were to show us some kind of artwork (either album or single) since we know that she has already shot that stuff between the AU and EU legs of the Born This Way Ball.

This would also tie in with previous rumours the good Drew sis posted here that the Los Angeles date would be something "special" according to Gaga's sound engineer. That is a mere three days away and it seems to be a nice way to "top off" any announcement she makes about the album or it's single during this Skype call.

Does anyone have a countdown timer to the call?

Artemisia

Banned
Based on the overnight metered market ratings, “American Idol” is looking at another year-over-year decline for its season premiere.

Wednesday’s episode delivered an 11.7 overnight rating, notes TV Media Insights, which is down from last year’s 13.5. Though the year-over-year decline slowed (last year’s premiere was down from a 16.4 in 2011), the drop-off is disappointing nonetheless given the heavily-hyped additions of Nicki Minaj, Mariah Carey and Keith Urban to the judging panel.

The adults 18-49 number will paint a clearer picture of where the show stands, but based on the show’s usual trajectory throughout the season, it will likely again spend much of the year as a top–but no longer dominant–ratings performer.

link.

iNNM5i6A33dvi.gif

It's total singing competition fatigue. X-Factor and The Noise ended like ten minutes ago, and one of them was on the same channel as Idol.

Gimmicks aren't going to work - there is not a single panel of judges, a host, or a format that can revive it. All that can restore the genre to its former glory is a return back to basics (quit the "judge's save" shenanigans and stupid artist-themed performance shows) and a spirited endeavor to actually find a balanced, likable set of talented singers.

Kyon

Banned
WELP.

If Messiah and Godney couldn't save these sinking ships... Might as well use their life boats. I assume like Godney that Messiah has an exit clause.
c3ed7b23.gif

Just as Godney quit Xflop Messiah should follow suit

Are we really expecting ARTPOP information though? I feel like if anything she'll just mention some sort of weird metaphor for the album ala that "cake with a bitter jelly" line.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom