• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Alone in the Dark | Review Thread

tommib

Finally got around to playing this. It’s very good, one of the better games I’ve played this year.

It makes me sad nobody bought it and the studio got shuttered.

And whichever journalists slammed it (like eurogamer gave it a 2!?) should be ashamed.
A 2? What’s a bunch of assholes.

Alan Wake

Finally got around to playing this. It’s very good, one of the better games I’ve played this year.

It makes me sad nobody bought it and the studio got shuttered.

And whichever journalists slammed it (like eurogamer gave it a 2!?) should be ashamed.
Indeed. Many of the reviews were utter trash and very unfair to what the game tried to achieve. It was never intended as a new Resident Evil.

mdkirby

Indeed. Many of the reviews were utter trash and very unfair to what the game tried to achieve. It was never intended as a new Resident Evil.
I don’t recall game journalism ever being as bad as it seems now. It feels like pretty much any time they say something is great, the player consensus is that it’s trash, and vice versa. It’s like totally divorced from reality. I don’t know it got that way, or how anyone thinks that’s a sustainable model for a business category that is reliant on trust.

Radical_3d

I don’t recall game journalism ever being as bad as it seems now.
How much you want me to go back? XD Remember when journalism was good?
8302628_medium.jpg

mdkirby

How much you want me to go back? XD Remember when journalism was good?
8302628_medium.jpg
At least I remember having the impression of it being good when I was young....buttttt ive been a gamer all my life, and im in my 40s
Edit - Even during the peak E3 years I recall mostly trusting places like IGN and liking their reviews

Last edited:

Radical_3d

At least I remember having the impression of it being good when I was young....buttttt ive been a gamer all my life, and im in my 40s
Edit - Even during the peak E3 years I recall mostly trusting places like IGN and liking their reviews
Dude… IGN…

Top Bottom