• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Portal 2 |OT| Sleep. Spuds. Science.

Great OT. I wasn't really paying much attention to this game till the OT came up and I read through all that info. Seems awesome. Wondering if I should go straight into Portal 2 or whether I should pick up the Orange Box and play Portal 1 first.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
NotTheGuyYouKill said:
Great OT. I wasn't really paying much attention to this game till the OT came up and I read through all that info. Seems awesome. Wondering if I should go straight into Portal 2 or whether I should pick up the Orange Box and play Portal 1 first.

Thats not a question.

If you haven't played any of the Half-Life 2 games, much less Portal? Get the fuck off GAF and get yourself the orange box.

NotTheGuyYouKill said:
This isn't even a conundrum. You'd be better prepared for the game if you played Portal, and The Orange Box is an awesome deal. Fives games for the price of one.

NotTheGuyYouKill said:
DEFINITELY play Portal 1 first, it's only a few hours.

Zerokku said:
Thats not a question.

If you haven't played any of the Half-Life 2 games, much less Portal? Get the fuck off GAF and get yourself the orange box.

I've played Half-Life 2. I haven't played Portal.

You dick.

But I will pick up The Orange Box. It's like 15 bucks.

I apologize for the 'dick' comment.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
NotTheGuyYouKill said:
I've played Half-Life 2. I haven't played Portal.

You dick.

But I will pick up The Orange Box. It's like 15 bucks.

I apologize for the 'dick' comment.

Not trying to be a dick, just trying to be helpful haha. They're just that good. And have you played the Episodes? HL2 EP1 is good, but EP2 is just phenomenal.

StuBurns

Banned
NullPointer said:
Portal 1 is also available on XBLA as a standalone game right? With some extra maps or challenges?
Sure is yeah. NotTheGuyYouKill didn't mention if he's played the HL2 episodes though, so if he hasn't, I'd still recommend the Orange Box over Portal: Sill Alive.

Zerokku said:
Not trying to be a dick, just trying to be helpful haha. They're just that good. And have you played the Episodes? HL2 EP1 is good, but EP2 is just phenomenal.

I played Episode 1, not Episode 2. It's been quite a while... I had rented OB, but had to return it before I could finish.

Are there any bonuses for owning Portal for the PS3? If not, I'll pick OB for 360, I remember the PS3 version not being that great.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
NotTheGuyYouKill said:
I played Episode 1, not Episode 2. It's been quite a while... I had rented OB, but had to return it before I could finish.

Are there any bonuses for owning Portal for the PS3? If not, I'll pick OB for 360, I remember the PS3 version not being that great.

Nah, and you remember correctly, Orange Box PS3 was a god awful port not even done by valve. For the best experience, pick up the orange box for PC or Mac if their specs are up to snuff, if not, the 360 version is the next best.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
NotTheGuyYouKill said:

You could buy the PC version of Portal 2, which comes with Portal 1.

NotTheGuyYouKill said:

Beat Portal and Episode 2 before playing Portal 2. Trust me ;).

DarkKyo

ikIw9e.gif

Anyone have the original larger version of this image?

Edit: While we're at it do you have the P-body eye as well?

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
Biggest-Geek-Ever said:
Damn it, I really want the PS3 version since it you know, comes with the PC version freaking free.... but 4 days early!!!!

Maybe I can convince the clerk to give it to me on Friday.

worth a try

(._.)

Banned
subbed and will be in this thread all weekend if the game isn't dropping early (rumor). if it does then I'll see you guys Sunday to talk PORTAL 2 :D

Clott

Holy shit, the game is available at 10am Easter time tomorrow?!?

Canceling everything I have to do in that case.

(._.)

Banned
legit going to be angry if the game is only open to those who got those potatoes. honestly didn't really care about any of that. busy playing my usual games instead of running around doing any of that. just want to keep cool until portal 2 and if I can't play it because I didn't bother with any of that shit I'm gonna be pissed.

Pikelet

(._.) said:
legit going to be angry if the game is only open to those who got those potatoes. honestly didn't really care about any of that. busy playing my usual games instead of running around doing any of that. just want to keep cool until portal 2 and if I can't play it because I didn't bother with any of that shit I'm gonna be pissed.

No matter what happens you get to play it when it was promised.

NullPointer said:
I would humbly ask for a portalized avatar, but... Looks like GAF is missing its avatar core module.

And Valve: This is my birthday present to myself. Make me love you again.

(Not that I ever stopped)

tried putting aperture logo on his forehead, unfortunately after resizing it you couldn't really tell what it was. so here's a normal one, hope you like it =)

v8he84.jpg

old one, if you want it.

29pytrd.jpg

Campster

Do you like my tight white sweater? STOP STARING
Pikelet said:
No matter what happens you get to play it when it was promised.

I wouldn't be so upset about the "fairness" of it so much as the "This puts a few dedicated people without NDAs in the best position to spoil and grief the rest of the world ever."

dangerbyrnes said:
tried putting aperture logo on his forehead, unfortunately after resizing it you couldn't really tell what it was. so here's a normal one, hope you like it =)

v8he84.jpg
You have my eternal thanks dangerbyrnes. Looks perfect. Can't seem to edit my avatar settings right now, so I'll wait til GAF weathers the storm a bit.

Lkr

just trying to confirm that Valve isn't fucking anyone over. If I buy the PS3 version on amazon, it will still give me the PC version as long as it is brand new?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
You know, that could just be when the surprise goes off, not necessarily an unlock you know.

Sorry for bringing rational thoughts into thread, destroying hype etc.

enzo_gt said:
You know, that could just be when the surprise goes off, not necessarily an unlock you know.

Sorry for bringing rational thoughts into thread, destroying hype etc.
It makes me feel better, thank you.

Burekma

Just a heads up, folks. Certain sites are reporting the 360 version has been leaked so thread extra carefully in the next couple of days. Spoilers will most certainly be flooding the internet before the game releases on consoles.

LProtag

Well if this really does mean that it's going to be coming out in 14 hours, I should probably stop looking in this thread soon.

I think I'm going to go preorder it for PS3 on Amazon now, seems like too good of a deal. Going to have to send it to my house though so I can't play it until school and finals are done... 3 weeks, blargh.

Top Bottom