• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

(PR)Nintendo Fashion Show? Shoe betcha.

Kon Tiki

Banned
NINTENDO STRUTS ITS STUFF WITH ENYCE DURING LOS ANGELES FASHION WEEK

Cutting-Edge Clothing Designer Showcases One-of-a-Kind Nintendo Fashion

REDMOND, Wash., Oct. 25, 2004 - To celebrate the synergy between two popular lifestyle brands, a runway model for hip-hop clothier Enyce on Monday sported one-of-a-kind T-shirt featuring Nintendo video game icon. The shirt, showcasing Donkey Kong® helped kick off Fashion Week in Los Angeles.

The star-studded fashion show included Laurence Fishburn, Tisha Campbell, Mimi Rogers, Simon Rex, Theron Benymon, David Allen Grier and socialite Casey Johnson. Nintendo-sponsored the after-party following the fashion show. Party-goers got to sample the hottest games for Nintendo GameCube™, including one of the most highly anticipated games for the holidays, Metroid® Prime 2 Echoes.

"Enyce is an originator in the urban fashion sector, and Nintendo is an originator in the gaming world," says Enyce co-founder Tony Shellman. "It feels very natural for our brands to be collaborating."

Nintendo plans to auction the one-of-a-kind T-shirt worn by the Enyce model on the runway and donate the proceeds to charity. VIPs at the show received gift bags containing a separate limited-edition branded T-shirt designed by Enyce, a Nintendo GameCube and the hottest video games for the holidays. Nintendo and Enyce anticipate that the fashion show will be the first of many activities together.

Enyce Clothing Company produces innovative sportswear for men and women under the brand labels Enyce and Lady Enyce, respectively. With a deep commitment to product excellence, attention to detail and customer satisfaction, the company grounds itself in three ideals: product quality, style and individuality. Founded in 1996, Enyce Clothing Company is based in New York, N.Y., with national offices in Los Angeles, Chicago and Atlanta, and international offices in Ontario, Canada; Amsterdam, Holland; and Tokyo, Japan. In November 1993, Enyce joined the Liz Claiborne stable of brands. To learn more about Enyce Clothing Company, please visit our Web site at www.enyce.com.

The worldwide leader and innovator in the creation of interactive entertainment, Nintendo Co., Ltd., of Kyoto, Japan, manufactures and markets hardware and software for its popular home and portable video game systems. Each year, hundreds of all-new titles for the best-selling Game Boy® Advance, Nintendo DS™ and Nintendo GameCube™ systems extend Nintendo’s vast game library and continue the tradition of delivering a rich, diverse mix of quality video games for players of all ages. Since the release of its first home video game system in 1983, Nintendo has sold more than 1.9 billion video games and more than 170 million hardware units globally, creating enduring industry icons such as Mario™ and Donkey Kong® and launching popular culture franchise phenomena such as Metroid®, Zelda™ and Pokémon®. A wholly owned subsidiary, Nintendo of America Inc., based in Redmond, Wash., serves as headquarters for Nintendo’s operations in the Western Hemisphere.

For more information about Nintendo, visit the company’s Web site at www.nintendo.com.
i_5909.jpg

Runway model sporting a one-of-a-kind T-shirt showcasing Donkey Kong

i_5908.jpg

David Alan Grier playing Nintendo GameCube at the after-hour party sponsored by
Nintendo

i_5907.jpg

Cris Judd and Tony Shellman playing to win

capslock

Is jealous of Matlock's emoticon
Anyone else find these NOA sponsored 'celebrity promotion' events incredibly lame and sad?

Renegade

Banned
This is gay. Please, Enyce, only do a limited run of these shirts.

I wear enyce and if they're going to be doing crap like this, I could say that their "stock price" in gear is going to plummet.

Kon Tiki

Banned
Vagabond said:
This is gay. Please, Enyce, only do a limited run of these shirts.

I wear enyce and if they're going to be doing crap like this, I could say that their "stock price" in gear is going to plummet.
nyce on Monday sported one-of-a-kind T-shirt featuring Nintendo video game icon

Do not think it is for sale.

Mashing

They wouldn't be doing this unless they were getting fat wads of cash. I mean shit, Nintendo could probalby get Snoop Dog to do something like this for them if they paid him enough cash... Microsoft be damned, it's all about the money.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Glad all the gaming companies give the celebs all these free systems and games. Can't imagine how they would gather enough pennies together to buy a console. It isn't like seeing David Alan Grier, Paris Hilton or Cris Judd playing a game is going to make me buy it.

Kon Tiki

Banned
dskillzhtown said:
Glad all the gaming companies give the celebs all these free systems and games. Can't imagine how they would gather enough pennies together to buy a console. It isn't like seeing David Alan Grier, Paris Hilton or Cris Judd playing a game is going to make me buy it.
Come on. I know you bought an Xbox to play Shaq in MM3.

DrGAKMAN

Banned
The party (I think one of the "CUBE CLUBS") where Paris was holding a platinum GAMECUBE also had pics of David Allen Grier sportin' one too. At first I thought he was making fun of it, but now it seems he actually is a GAMECUBE fan!

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Wasn't David Alan Grier at one of the earlier celebrity things too? He keeps popping up.

Gahiggidy

My aunt & uncle run a Mom & Pop store, "The Gamecube Hut", and sold 80k WiiU within minutes of opening.
TekunoRobby said:
This thread is missing GameBoy Color Shoes:

gbcshoe1.jpg
gbcshoe4.jpg

gbcshoe5.jpg
gbcshoe2.jpg

gbcshoe3.jpg

EDIT: Goddamn GAF takes down sites fast.
What!?

WHen did that happen? I know I haven't been around alot lately...but now I suspect I've missed alot of nintenews this summer.

Top Bottom