• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

(PR) Plantronics Deliver Halo 2 Edition Headset

Trevelyon

SANTA CRUZ, Calif., Sept. 1 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- A battle is no time
for a "communications malfunction," when losing contact with the rest of the
squad could mean complete annihilation. Fortunately, Halo(R) 2 gamers who play
on Xbox Live(TM) can focus on strategy, not equipment, thanks to the GameCom
Halo 2 Edition headset from Plantronics (NYSE: PLT). Plantronics, the world
leader in lightweight communications headsets, engineered the GameCom Halo 2
Edition specifically for Xbox(R) and the highly anticipated sequel to Halo,
the best-selling game from Bungie Studios. With the headset's superior voice
features, online gamers can take full advantage of Halo 2's stunning new
multiplayer challenges and also gain a competitive edge in demolishing the
opposition.

"GameCom Halo 2 Edition's performance combined with our kick ass sound
design and new communications effects makes for an intense multiplayer gaming
experience," said Pete Parsons, Studio Manager of Bungie Studios. "Comfortable
and sleek, you almost immediately forget the GameCom Halo 2 Edition headset is
there, as you sneak around behind an opponent and whisper something nasty in
his ear before you run him through with an energy sword."

Online multiplayer Halo 2 battles take on new intensity with technological
and feature set advances, and clans can more effectively strategize and trash
talk using the GameCom Halo 2 Edition. An optimized speaker, noise-canceling
microphone, and contoured one-ear fit maximize the audio for gamers' complete
immersion while letting them stay aware of what's happening in their other
reality, the living room. The GameCom Halo 2 Edition also provides a
weightless, custom fit for hours of comfortable play so gamers can deliver a
premium performance.

http://www.prnewswire.com/cgi-bin/stories.pl?ACCT=109&STORY=/www/story/09-01-2004/0002242018&EDATE=

body.jpg

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
It's looks awesome, but as PhatSaqs mentioned, it's not worth $50 even with all it's bells and whistles.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
$50? You gotta be kidding me. I still find $30 expensive just for the vanillia Xbox Live headset

DaCocoBrova

Finally bought a new PSP, but then pushed the demon onto someone else. Jesus.
That sh!t should come w/ the damn game as an apology for the delay(s).

open_mouth_

insert_foot_
DaCocoBrova said:
That sh!t should come w/ the damn game as an apology for the delay(s).

In that case, GT4 should come with a model toy car, Half-Life 2 an actual crowbar, and Duke Nukem Forever with a blonde bimbo ;)

Cathcart

The XBox live headset is a cheap piece of junk. Fifty dollars is not a lot for a quality headset, which is probably what you'll get from Plantronics. I will be playing A LOT of Halo 2 online so I wouldn't mind paying for an upgrade, but I wish it wasn't one of those stick it in your ear types...

Mrbob

Cathcart said:
The XBox live headset is a cheap piece of junk. Fifty dollars is not a lot for a quality headset, which is probably what you'll get from Plantronics. I will be playing A LOT of Halo 2 online so I wouldn't mind paying for an upgrade, but I wish it wasn't one of those stick it in your ear types...

I dunno. I haven't had any problems with the headset I bought with my starter kit in November 2002.

I have the Logitech PS2 headset, and the Xbox one is a godsend in comparison. The Logitech PS2 headset isn't as comfortable.

Teddman

This is going to flop at $50. Here's why:

-Most everyone on Xbox Live already has a headset. Not worth spending $50 on a new one--that's a game right there.

-New subscribers who just bought Halo 2 aren't going to want to drop $50 either (equal to the price of the game they just bought) on a headset.

-Looks pretty, but who cares? It's for Xbox Live, usually played alone.

and people thought Nintendo are just a bunch of thieves out to kill your wallets...

50 bucks for that piece of shit....LMAO

Cathcart

Teddman said:
This is going to flop at $50
Not every item is intended to sell teh milli0nz, I really doubt they expect to sell this to everyone who buys Halo 2. Plantronics knows there is a market for a better headset and that's what they're going for. It might be a small market, but obviously they think it could be profitable.

I dunno. I haven't had any problems with the headset I bought with my starter kit in November 2002.
Mine broke :( I guess there are plenty of people who don't mind it, but I'm used to higher quality headsets and I don't mind the option of upgrading.

DaCocoBrova

Finally bought a new PSP, but then pushed the demon onto someone else. Jesus.
Uh... But doesn't Plantronics manufacture the XBOX console?

How on earth does one go about breaking the Live headset?

Tsubaki

SyNapSe

Tsubaki said:
I was going to say the same. My company is in the business of call centers, and we solely use Plantronics. Those things are professional headsets and don't come cheap.

Yeah, I have a mobile antenna set that hooks up to my normal phone. So, I can talk on my extension from my desk phone or up moving mobile, and the mobile phone + headset is Plantronics. It's very nice, and VERY comfortable.

I personally find the Xbox Live headset semi-painful during long play sessions, and if it broke I may not be opposed to paying $50 for something more comfortable.

DaCocoBrova said:
How on earth does one go about breaking the Live headset?

xbox.jpg

The earpiece and mike is clipped on to the headpiece. It fell of my table one day, and my well placed foot snapped the plastic clip.

One of my friends has two headsets that are broken like this. He's got kids... ;)

Cathcart

heavy liquid said:
The earpiece and mike is clipped on to the headpiece. It fell of my table one day, and my well placed foot snapped the plastic clip.

One of my friends has two headsets that are broken like this. He's got kids... ;)
Yup, that's where mine broke. I didn't step on it, but that's the piece that snapped. I also know a couple of people who had theirs break.

Even when it's not breaking I still find that thing uncomfortable. I wonder if you could just use any headset? Don't most of them have 1/8" jacks?

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
im looking forward to this, really only because after a while the xbox headset becomes really painful to remove from my ear :(

Joe

ive snapped TWO of those damn pieces, my brother and one of my friends have also broke theirs.

Top Bottom