• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pre-Order GTA:SA for $29.99 CAD (Amazon.ca)

neptunes said:
so you mean that the game would cost me $25.99 in total?

or do I pay more later?
Subtotal of Items: CDN$ 29.99
Shipping & Handling: CDN$ 4.94
Promotional Certificates: - CDN$ 5.00
------
Total before tax: CDN$ 29.93
Estimated Tax: CDN$ 4.50
------
Total for this Order: CDN$ 34.43

If you order $39 worth of stuff it's free shipping, otherwise it's $4 or so to ship it out standard.

explodet

Luscious LeftFoot said:
*Does dance of joy... awaits inevitable disappointment*
*joins you*

Yeah, this has GOT to be too good to be true.

But until then...

*continues to do dance of joy*

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
acklame said:
amazon ca ships to US right?

"Shipping: Currently, item can be shipped only within Canada."

wariodog.gif

shuri

Banned
Well I just placed my pre-order. And I just noticed that amazon.co.uk has sent my SHaun of the Dead dvd ;)

Miburou

If I add an item to get free shipping, and then cancel it after GTA: SA has shipped, do they charge me for shipping?

BTW, thanks for the heads up.

shuri

Banned
"Well if we keep it quiet then maybe they wont notice the flurry of people pre-ordering.."

* pause *

:(

Fifty

Awesome! :D

About time we get a good deal up here. :D

I hope they don't screw us by changing the price...well I guess I can always cancel my order.

Takuan

Bought, couldn't think of anything to add for free shipping. It's a hell of a deal, anyway... even if it's an error (which it HAS to be), it's worth a shot.

B'z-chan

Banned
If any of you nice Canadian Gafers would be willing to purchase two for me that would be uh nice.

They still screwing up games in Canada where they have to have French and English on them?

Man for 23 bucks US thats amazing.

suikodan

B'z-chan said:
If any of you nice Canadian Gafers would be willing to purchase two for me that would be uh nice.

They still screwing up games in Canada where they have to have French and English on them?

Man for 23 bucks US thats amazing.

It is indeed, although I don't think you need one since there will be french manuals in it.

Too sad.

But for the deal, yeah, the game seems interesting now at that price :)

EDIT: Just bought one, anyone knows if they change the price if this was a screw-up or they are responsible for their errors?

Buggy Loop

Gold Member
Wow, that has to be the first "major" deal i've ever seen in canada, i mean we usually get NADA when it comes to deals. Pre-ordered, with the 5$ coupon too. That will probably the cheapest "new" game i've ever bought that isnt a player's choice or something like that. Simply amazing.

Cmon amazone, more sweetness like that, Halo 2 and MP2 oh pretty please :D

Fifty

Heh, that would be a good way to get people to order from you actually....Charge $30 for it at first, and then change it to $50+shipping right before it comes out. Most people won't cancel their orders, and they'll pay $20 more to order from the website, when most of them would just be better off buying it in person at a store.

Littleberu said:
They could always screw us up.

go to the website, near the box art it clearly says 57% off or something. I doubt they will screw us.

You can always cancel your pre-order if you want though.

Miburou

Amazon is pretty good about honoring their prices (and mistakes). They can't change the price after you've pre-ordered. They could cancel the order, but that's about it.

explodet

I canceled my order and then re-ordered - this time to get two - and now I have to wait another week to get my copies.

Oh well.

Amazon had an hour long period one day where everyone was being charged 1 cent for their orders. They just ate the costs. I trust Amazon to be concerned enough with customer goodwill that they will not screw people over. :)

And it's clearly not a mistake. It says 57% off! and save $40.00. It is too detailed for a mistake in my opinion. It is most likely a loss leader that they lose money on in order to get new customers. Remember, Amazon.ca is relatively new.

explodet

Gek54 said:
Another week?
Well, I put in for free shipping because I was over $39, so that put on another few days, and because I'm sure demand for this special is incredibly high, they'll be shipping them out first come first serve.

I wouldn't worry about the extra time added for free shipping. I order from Amazon a lot and always use the free shipping option and as long as the item ships in 24 hours (as GTA:SA will) it shows up at my door right away. There's maybe a 1 day lag once in a while.

Hey, you could take the $45 you're saving on the game the day of release, go to a candy store and eat candy until you fall into a sugar induced coma for the next 2 days while you wait for the game to show up in the mail.

That's my plan.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Just cause it says 57% doesn't mean it isn't a mistake. I guess we'll find out if it's real or not tomorrow since the weekend will be over

goodcow

Mega Man's Electric Sheep said:
And it's clearly not a mistake. It says 57% off! and save $40.00. It is too detailed for a mistake in my opinion.

Those are generated on the fly by the server.

Buggy Loop

Gold Member
Yeeehaaaw! *does the happy happy joy joy dance*

I wish i would have been there when all orders were 1 cent, damn i would of bought so many things :D

Fularu

Banned
To all the americans here asking canadians to help them on your deals, almost NONE of you does the same for us, fellow canadians when you have awesome deals down there, so why should we bother?

shuri

Banned
Heh yeah indeed the price went up. So we only have a month and a half of suspence to see if they will email us saying that the price was WRONG and that our pre-orders are invalid :)

Top Bottom