• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pre-order Power-Up! AKA Kobun Heat's book.

If it's as inciteful as his "Xbox Love Pillow" story, I'll be avoiding this novel like the plague.

I disagree.

Much like justin before he discovered his penis and an Xbox on those lonely Japanese nights, Kobunheat is very useful for instigating the Xbot masses.

Unfortunately he spends a disproportionate amount of time being obnoxiously pro-Nintendo, than flicking the noses of Xbots on the forum. The sad fact seems to be that any useful game media staff are entertaining until they reveal their true colors, or get a Kasumi fuck pillow and a free bottle of gin from Tecmo.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Guess we'll see you some time in Oct....maybe

Ristamar said:
While this thread is rapidly spiraling off-topic, could someone explain the "Shantae" thing?
Take Out Bandit likes to accuse other people of being "obnoxiously pro-whatever" while being legitimately obnoxious about his Shantae fetish.

EDIT: And likes to get banned for it, but it still doesn't stop him in the long run.

EDIT 2: HAHAHA MORE LIKE TAKE OUT BANNED IT!

IJoel

Kobun Heat said:
Take Out Bandit likes to accuse other people of being "obnoxiously pro-whatever" while being legitimately obnoxious about his Shantae fetish.

You sure were obnoxious during the Sudeki threads and no mod banned you. Obviously trolling.

Though, Take Out sorta pushed it.

cabel

The Take Out Bandit said:
Unfortunately he spends a disproportionate amount of time being obnoxiously pro-Nintendo, than flicking the noses of Xbots on the forum.

Thanks, The Take Out Bandit!

Might I suggest you pick up a copy of "Shut The Fuck Up: Stop Being A Selfish Jealous Prick and Let Someone Actually Enjoy A Moment Without Pissing In It". But don't take my word for it!

-Cabel

IJoel said:
You sure were obnoxious during the Sudeki threads and no mod banned you. Obviously trolling.

Though, Take Out sorta pushed it.
Four! Although this only half counts.

By the way, all I really said was that I wondered which one would suck worse, Sudeki or Kameo (given the first impressions I've been hearing about, probably Sudeki). And then I noted that I knew someone who really, really hated it, and that I trusted his opinion. You can't say I've been "obnoxious" about Sudeki.

But hey, I got my review copy today. So maybe I'll like it.

Ristamar said:
While this thread is rapidly spiraling off-topic, could someone explain the "Shantae" thing?

First off, congrats Chris on the book. I look forward to reading it it later this fall.

As for Shantae, it's a Game Boy Color platformer which came out years ago that's about as generic as they come. The only reason it got any attention was due to IGN I believe since they tried creating some sort of a special interest story around an independently produced game that having a hard time finding a publisher. During this time, it became something of a cult thing (okay, I exaggerate: only 2 people wanted to actually see this game in stores) and finally when it did come out, the public was able to realize how mediocre it was and it bombed.

But I guess TakeOutBandidt was one of those two and whenever he trolls, he has to create a title for each post that goes along the line of "Shanate > whatever the hell he's talking about which has nothing to do with said shitty game".

Hope that explains everything.

IJoel

Kobun Heat said:
Four! Although this only half counts.

By the way, all I really said was that I wondered which one would suck worse, Sudeki or Kameo (given the first impressions I've been hearing about, probably Sudeki). And then I noted that I knew someone who really, really hated it, and that I trusted his opinion. You can't say I've been "obnoxious" about Sudeki.

But hey, I got my review copy today. So maybe I'll like it.

You posted in every Sudeki thread with the same shit over and over. Hell, in the one where I posted impressions, you just posted a mocking comment, which clearly shows you were trolling.

But hey, that's ok. It's not like I'm surprised by the double standards.

As for the book, congrats on it. I don't think i'll be buying it since I just think you're too biased towards Nintendo, but who knows... maybe I'll give it a chance.

IJoel said:
You posted in every Sudeki thread with the same shit over and over. Hell, in the one where I posted impressions, you just posted a mocking comment, which clearly shows you were trolling.

http://www.ga-forum.com/showpost.php?p=176353&postcount=23, you mean?

I thought that was a fair rebuttal to your snarky comment here where you said it was "obvious" that I didn't play Psi-Ops because I didn't like it.

I've obviously made some negative comments about Sudeki but I really haven't said anything inappropriate at all, and I defy you to find anything out of line. I'm really not sure where you're getting the idea that I've posted in "every" Sudeki thread "with the same shit over and over", either. The amount of times you've dogged me about it, even in other, unrelated threads like this one, has got to be greater.

Ristamar

FortNinety said:
First off, congrats Chris on the book. I look forward to reading it it later this fall.

As for Shantae, it's a Game Boy Color platformer which came out years ago that's about as generic as they come. The only reason it got any attention was due to IGN I believe since they tried creating some sort of a special interest story around an independently produced game that having a hard time finding a publisher. During this time, it became something of a cult thing (okay, I exaggerate: only 2 people wanted to actually see this game in stores) and finally when it did come out, the public was able to realize how mediocre it was and it bombed.

But I guess TakeOutBandidt was one of those two and whenever he trolls, he has to create a title for each post that goes along the line of "Shanate > whatever the hell he's talking about which has nothing to do with said shitty game".

Thank you, sir.

IJoel

Kobun Heat said:
http://www.ga-forum.com/showpost.php?p=176353&postcount=23, you mean?

I thought that was a fair rebuttal to your snarky comment here where you said it was "obvious" that I didn't play Psi-Ops because I didn't like it.

I've obviously made some negative comments about Sudeki but I really haven't said anything inappropriate at all, and I defy you to find anything out of line. I'm really not sure where you're getting the idea that I've posted in "every" Sudeki thread "with the same shit over and over", either. The amount of times you've dogged me about it, even in other, unrelated threads like this one, has got to be greater.

Well, considering your insightful comment on Psy Ops (86.3% on Game Rankings) I was surprised to learn you did play it and you can't blame anyone for having such a response.

As opposed to Sudeki, which I did play completely, and you admittedly haven't and have just relied on some source.

Granted, you could hate the game and think the game is the worst thing ever and that'd be perfectly fine. But to simply reach that conclusion without any base just shows that you're trolling.

Negative vs. Inappropriate? What the hell? In this context anything that's not truly offensive wouldn't really be inappropriate. You bashed the game just for the sake of it.

Edit: And I'm done with this anyway... too much 'drama' for a board... not that I really care anyway.

rastex

Banned
Congrats on the book but I won't be picking it up- don't think I'd be able to take someone who imitates Pikachu at E3 seriously.

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
rastex said:
Congrats on the book but I won't be picking it up- don't think I'd be able to take someone who imitates Pikachu at E3 seriously.

Hey, I led the crowd in a rousing rendition of the Pokemon theme song... I take offense at your statement; at least I would if I knew who you were.

Kobun -- get a Nintendo Kiosk Multigame Demo Disc packed with every book and I can guarantee sales.

rastex

Banned
DavidDayton said:
Hey, I led the crowd in a rousing rendition of the Pokemon theme song... I take offense at your statement; at least I would if I knew who you were.

Your act hovers over that ledge between complete lack of self-respect and unhealthy fanboyism, so you can still be taken somewhat seriously. But come on, imitating Pikachu? I could understand a Pokemon trainer or something, but PIKACHU?!

Of course being totally honest, if people say this book absolutely rocks then I'll obviously read it, I'm not that stupid.

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
rastex said:
Your act hovers over that ledge between complete lack of self-respect and unhealthy fanboyism, so you can still be taken somewhat seriously. But come on, imitating Pikachu? I could understand a Pokemon trainer or something, but PIKACHU?!

Of course being totally honest, if people say this book absolutely rocks then I'll obviously read it, I'm not that stupid.

Eh. I got the crowd in line to sing along with the chorus. This makes me neither lacking in self-respect, and not MERELY a fanboy -- this makes me master and commander of e3 crowds.

Or delusional.

IJoel said:
But to simply reach that conclusion without any base just shows that you're trolling. Negative vs. Inappropriate? What the hell? In this context anything that's not truly offensive wouldn't really be inappropriate.
Er, who says you can't make negative comments here? Negative doesn't equal trolling. Negative comments about a game you haven't played still aren't necessarily trolling. And I believe I did have a "base" on which to make those negative comments, and I was totally upfront about what that was.

Again, I'm not saying there's no chance I'll like Sudeki. I'm saying that I definitely don't like the design, and that from what I've heard, chances are I won't be a fan of the gameplay either.

And my opinion on Psi-Ops differs from the pack, I'll grant you that. I'm not sure what that proves, though.

EDIT: PIKA PIKA PIKA means I have a limited edition stuffed Pikachu and you don't. I win.

Congratulations on getting your book published. I'll most likely pick it up at some point, though the last videogame book I've purchased was "Mastering Pacman"... I guess I should take a look at Steven Kent's stuff too.

KAOS

Here's hoping nintendofanboys can pry themselves away from coloring books to pick up this gem!

Congrats!

FoneBone

FortNinety said:

Utter, utter bullshit. Did you write the review for Game Informer, by any chance?

fennec fox

ferrets ferrets ferrets ferrets FERRETS!!!
Come on. It's not the worst game in the world, and it's not the best game in the world. It's one of the most nicely-animated Game Boy Color titles, and that makes it stick out above the pack on a system full of bad games, but it's not a timeless classic.

Of course TTOB's behavior over the years has pretty much soured me on it, but... ;)

nubbe said:
Man Lies Dead in Apartment for 20 Years
The pajama-clad skeleton of a Japanese man has been found in a vacant apartment building -- 20 years after his lonely death.

Just like the Japanese WWII soldier they found on some island like 40 years later. Except that dude was still alive and thinking the war was on. It must have been devastating to learn that his country lost. And that it was over for 40 years.

Top Bottom