• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pre-Orders for the Three New Xbox Series X|S Console Options Start August 21

Draugoth

Gold Member
Console-Options-e6e9d5a4fd2587d778f1-1536x864.jpg

Beginning later today, players will be able to pre-order the Xbox Series S – 1TB in Robot White, Xbox Series X – 1TB Digital Edition in Robot White, and Xbox Series X – 2TB Galaxy Black Special Edition:

Last edited:
Is there any other hardware differences, like thinner fab, less heat, or weight reduction etc?

Seems stupid if not, it works out cheaper to buy the current model and expand the storage given the deep discounts

Vlodril

So for a console that already isn't selling well (or at all in some cases) they decided to release a new version that has more hd space but for 599? The brilliance of Phil Spencer continues i guess. To be fair it might not be on him but MS seems to make baffling decision after baffling decision and he has been the head of XBOX for a decade or something now so the buck should have definitely stopped with him a long time now.

UltimaKilo

Gold Member
Only bigger SSD's? These won't sell out at all. They can't even sell the regular ones at $350 on sale. I already have a Series X with a 2tb card so there's nothing really to upgrade, correct?

They could have added in more efficient processors, redesigned the consoles to be smaller and cooler, and still increase the storage capacity.

I really don’t understand this.

Starhowl

No real refresh, why would I buy this?

Going to buy a PS5 Pro later this year in case I can, because that's justified since I don't own one yet.

Metnut

Are these pro consoles that will run the games better than the launch models? Didn’t realize XBox was releasing new consoles.

Tiago Rodrigues

Gold Member
These console options will be available in all current Xbox hardware supported regions and markets including Austria, Belgium, Canada, China, Colombia, Czechia, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Luxembourg, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, United Kingdom, and United States with the exception of Argentina, Brazil, Chile, India, Israel, Korea, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, South Africa, Turkey, and UAE, and console availability will vary by country.
Remember when PS5 was nowhere to be found and Brazil was starting to buy Series S just 3 years ago?
Damn...now they ain't even getting these consoles.

Mahavastu

Remember when PS5 was nowhere to be found and Brazil was starting to buy Series S just 3 years ago?
Damn...now they ain't even getting these consoles.
It was the same with WindowsPhone back in the days.
For whatever reasons some WindowsPhones did sell pretty well in Brazil (for WindowsPhone at least) and then Brazil was one of the first countries they stopped shipping devices to.
In Hindsight it was one of the first signs that WindowsPhone itself was going the way of the digital Dodo just a few months later...

Last edited:

Little Mac

Gold Member
Xbox is now just a gamepass box for individuals who can’t afford a pc and don't like PlayStation for some reason. Maybe I’m missing the bigger picture. Regardless I’ll honestly miss the console wars and all the hype and excitement for the next big exclusive system seller.

Dick Jones

Gold Member
I wish MS did a Series S with a disc drive.
You'd think the option of an attachment of a disc drive would be more interesting than all adorable digital. I'm not a fan of the digital PS5 but the option to get a drive (I know it's a bullshit stealth price increase) is something. I rarely use my disc drive but it's the comfort of finding a cheap copy or rewatch my bluray collection that means something.

Noice. Soooo where is this new controller people were talking about a few months ago, or is it this new adaptive one?

Last edited:
To be fair, the new 1TB Series X MSRP is $50 CAD less than the old. You lose the disc drive. I don't buy modern Xbox games, so I'm not sure how much Xbox customer care about discs.

That said, paying $600 for any Xbox at this point...

Top Bottom