• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pre-Orders for the Three New Xbox Series X|S Console Options Start August 21

Humdinger

I scrolled through about 100 comments on that Youtube clip and only saw 1 positive remark (some guy excited about the 1TB S model). Everyone else was just trashing MS.

RagnarokIV

Battlebus imprisoning me \m/ >.< \m/
A series X that removes what makes it good, ie disc drive for delisted and non digital backwards compatible games?

JohnnyPhats

GRaTObBaUAATq1l.jpg
Scumbag

King Dazzar

Another missed opportunity. 2tb XSX has its merits, but not for £550 and a MS store only purchase option. Even worse when know you could go digital PS5 today for £386. And a Pro just around the corner.

I like my XSX as a backwards compatible machine. But this is out of touch and half arsed at best from MS.

Danknugz

they must have a shit ton of unsold xboxes and re purposing them. think the same explanation could be had for all the controller colors.

either that, or there must be some major disconnect between the marketing dept or whatever team is in charge of what their next hardware offerings are, and whoever it is aren't in touch with gaming trends. MS is kind of too big for their own good and theres a lack of cohesion in the approach. clearly a better idea would be a new model to compete with ps5 pro but you can't do that with a bunch of rehashed hardware unfortch.

that said i probably would skip again, i never bought series x but i did gift one to someone not lucky enough to secure a pre order. ready to pull the trigger on 5090 myself

Last edited:
Picked up a disk SX in Target Australia for about $330 US a few weeks ago (think it might have been a price error tbf). Really don't see the appeal of these new models.

GrayDock

I don't play on Xbox, so I don't follow it's hardware price, but, checking on Amazon Brazil, I'm flabbergasted to see that the SX is more expensive than the PS5 Slim Disk with 2 games...
I'm curious to see how much those new ones, if launched here, will cost...

Brucey

Did they ever get the Series S below 200 bucks? 129.99 or something reasonable like that?
Verizon had them for $150 for mobile customers back in March 2023.

High price of entry is not the problem with the series generation.

Brucey

You'd think the option of an attachment of a disc drive would be more interesting than all adorable digital. I'm not a fan of the digital PS5 but the option to get a drive (I know it's a bullshit stealth price increase) is something. I rarely use my disc drive but it's the comfort of finding a cheap copy or rewatch my bluray collection that means something.
Microsoft learnt their lesson after the $250 HD-DVD adventure.

Jesb

Buy a shield tv instead for a fraction of the price. GFN is the real best thing to happen to gaming this gen.

West Texas CEO

GAF's Nicest Lunch Thief and Nosiest Dildo Archeologist
I don't get why they're producing a dickless Series X. Is MS really done with physical media?

It’s weird how every Xbox console thread becomes a “Xbox console won’t exist anymore” thread. SonyGAF is real.

i buy every console every generation, and I’ve been hearing this every gen but Xbox 360.

Top Bottom