• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

President Trump's Approval Ratings Just Hit Another Low

Status
Not open for further replies.

Exile20

President Donald Trump's approval ratings fell to 35% Tuesday — another new low for the president during his first months in office.
The approval ratings produced by Quinnipiac University are a drop from the last national poll, released March 22, which showed Trump's approval at 37%. Trump's ratings fall under former President Barack Obama's lowest — 38% in 2013.
According to the poll, the majority of Americans also believe the following about the president:
”He is not honest"
”He does not have good leadership skills"
”He does not care about average Americans"
”He is not level-headed"
”He does not share their values"
Additionally, 52% of voters say they are embarrassed to have Trump as president, according to the poll.

http://time.com/4725494/president-donald-trump-approval-rating/

According to the poll, Republicans were the only group that the president wasn't struggling with; they gave him an approval rating of 79% and a disapproval rating of 14%.

But among other groups, Trump didn't do as well:

Independents disapproved of the president's performance 57%, compared to 32% who approved
Democrats disapproved 91%, compared to 6%
Men disapproved 51%, compared to 39%
Women disapproved 63%, compared to 31%
White voters disapproved 48%, compared to 43%
Non-white voters disapproved 77%, compared to 16%
"President Donald Trump continues to struggle, even among his most loyal supporters," Tim Malloy, assistant director of the poll, said in a statement. "Many of them would be hard pressed to see even a sliver of a silver lining in this troubling downward spiral."

He noted that President George W. Bush hit a low 28% approval rating, but it took much of his time in office to get there.

Quinnipiac poll: Trump's approval rating falls to 35%

How low can it go? He is slipping with every demographics.

SpaceWolf

Banned
"I do not like this news, therefore it is not real!"

EDIT: Obama's ratings was only three percent higher in 2013? What?

Lime

Men disapproved 51%, compared to 39%
Women disapproved 63%, compared to 31%
White voters disapproved 48%, compared to 43%

Not only are these alarming numbers, but I also wonder how many of the 48% are lying to the surveys because they don't want to come out or identify as a deplorable supporter of a fascist.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Didnt he have historically high unfavorable ratings the day of the election? like in the mid 60s? only 35% had a positive opinion of him back on election day and they still voted for him.

This does not mean shit. stop posting these silly polls.

mnannola

In order for impeachment to be a possibility, that Republicans number needs to go way down. Not sure what it will take.

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
Well he's certainly winning at being a terrible President. Just how low can he go? Who knows! We've got another 36 months to go.

Yep. Not low enough for Rethuglicans to jump ship.

Oh well! Give it time.

It's going to take a lot for Republicans to jump ship.

Some of them have already internalized the guilt for voting for someone who brags about groping women, mocks disabled people, has been proven racist for decades and recently against our last President, who scammed working-class people with fake universities or by not paying workers, etc etc.

Admitting Trump is failing is admitting you were the dumbass who voted for him when every common sense sign said not to. Trump basically created a cult around him, a lot of his supporters will never disapprove.

CHC

Where the hell were these people on election day?

Doing the same thing they're doing now - bitching about anything and everything to do with politics. Not voting for anyone because apparently no one is worth voting for. Like my mom did, like her husband did, like my girlfriend's dad did. It's pathetic.

Mahonay

Banned
I don't see how Trump's not in the 20s in a few months. It's just been a nonstop stream of fuckups and total incompetence from him.

79% of Republicans approve. So he is doing fine.

That's actually legitimately concerning. A lot of people said the floor for a Republican President would be 80%, so if he keeps falling even among Republicans it's very bad for him. I would say if he gets down to 70% with Republicans it would be some next level failure.

This reminds me of 2016 all over again when many days there would be a "new low" projection for trump in the electoral college, the new york times gave him a 1% chance of winning, morning joe was wondering if trump would get less EVs than alf landon, etc.

This reminds me of 2016 all over again when many days there would be a "new low" projection for trump in the electoral college, the new york times gave him a 1% chance of winning, morning joe was wondering if trump would get less EVs than alf landon, etc.

Unfortunately being President requires actual work, not empty promises and Mar-A-Lago trips.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Even 6% of dems approved? On what basis?

"He is dismantling every institution, freedom, and protected right as a US citizen that align with my chosen party affiliation, but my favorite color is gold too, so..."

Rocketz

giphy.gif

Downhill it goes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom