• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Priest blames children for paedophilia

Status
Not open for further replies.

protonion

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/italian-priest-don-gino-flaim-defends-paedophiles-blames-love-seeking-children-1522780

An Italian priest has been suspended from his parish after defending paedophilia on live television and attempting to blame victims for "seeking affection". Don Gino Flaim, of the San Giuseppe and Pio X parish in the northern Italian town of Trento, claimed on air that he "understands paedophilia" whereas "I'm not sure about homosexuality".

"Unfortunately there are children who seek affection because they don't receive it at home and I understand that some priests can give up," he said on La7 channel.
"Paedophilia is a sin, and like all sins has to be accepted, also." He went on affirming that homosexuality "is a disease".

The statement comes as Pope Francis opened a synod of Roman Catholic bishops focusing on family issues amid an unprecedented row over the church's attitudes and dogmas on homosexuality. On 5 October, the Argentine pontiff urged the church to "move forward", saying it was not "a museum to keep or preserve".

Days before the key meeting of 300 church leaders, Poland-born Vatican priest Krzysztof Charamsa announced he was in a gay relationship, saying he wanted to challenge the institution's "backward" attitude to homosexuality.

After the televised remarks, Don Gino Flaim was suspended from his role in the parish. The priest said in a statement that his words "do not represent the positions of Trento archdiocese and the general sentiment of the parish".

Volimar

Damn sexy kids.

Sounds to me like he's blaming parents. If only they molested their kids at home, the children wouldn't need to go elsewhere to seek it out.

Also, WTF?!!?!

#victimshaming
#parentshaming
#childshaming
#homosexualityshaming

Seriously understanding pedophilia and not homosexuality? People like this give religon the bad vibe it has in modern society

BibiMaghoo

So...your saying you are just a bunch of weak ass kiddy fidlers who cannot control themselves around children wanting attention...

I'd have to agree. Also fuck you very much.

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
"They're asking for it. . ."

Hooboy. I hope a bit of it is lost in translation because. . .yowza.

FZZ

Banned
Shouldn't the title be Priest suspended for saying children are the blame for pedophilia?

Either way it's fucking disgusting.

v-for-vendetta-v-for-vendetta-4375924-851-479-1296169678.jpg

Isn't a disease better than sinning though? I mean surely sinning is something you chose, but a disease is... Something you just kind of get?

nortonff

Hi, I'm nortonff. I spend my life going into threads to say that I don't care about the topic of the thread. It's a really good use of my time.

Dai Kaiju

Isn't a disease better than sinning though? I mean surely sinning is something you chose, but a disease is... Something you just kind of get?

Pedophelia is not supposed to be contagious. By that I mean there's no excuse for allowing that disease to hurt anyone other than the one afflicted.

Samara

A lot of pedophiles do blame children for their abuse. This is why they target kids who are shy, of abused or single parent household.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom