• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Priest blames children for paedophilia

Status
Not open for further replies.
What the fuck? The priests "give up?" Like, they say to themselves, "Man, this child must want affection, but it's too much work to not rape them, so I give up." How could a priest's understanding of what affection even is be so fucked up?

The children are the real rapists here, clearly.

danm999

"I mean, I can understand why children want to bang dudes, but other male consenting adults? I just don't get that".

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
Nope people just become pedo's because they can't get married, the pervs joined the church because it's easy for them to gain access to children. This was a big problem here in Ireland for years, since Éamon de Valera gave the catholic church the power to run our schools and look how that turned out. The church had it's tendrils in a lot of Irish life over the last century, from running schools, orphanages, industrial schools and Magdeline Laundries.

They're plenty of priests out there that don't go on to molest kids but if they stand by knowing about the abuse and do nothing by refusing going to the proper authorities, they are just as guilty. And up to recently and I mean recently within the last ten years or so it was church rules to keep the abuse covered up and to ship the abusers to South America and than ship them to another parish somewhere else. Hell even the local priest in my town threatened to sue a woman if she went around saying she was abused by another priest.

Below is a official document from the Vatican on what to do with perv priests

http://image.guardian.co.uk/sys-files/Observer/documents/2003/08/16/Criminales.pdf

And a very disturbing documentary on the church and it's abuse cover up

http://www.netflix.com/watch/702611...f8%3A28d6f34faf60be123eeeb6d7a45c4a4b4aea35a9

And personally I think the church should allow the priests to marry, but the abusers will still join any way.

Thank you for this. I've been told twice by the educational system that pedophiles are most often males and a lot of the times they are married. Another point to make out is that children are typically abused by someone they know.

I remember looking into it and finding a video online called "Sex, Lies, and Sex Offenders" (It's mainly interviews, but it kinda gets graphic towards the end). It's something that has been taught to me outside of any religious organization.

You're right about that. When I took a safety course at the Salvation Army, they went over how a sex offender from Australia came to the US and was allowed entry into their services as an employee. It tightened up background checks as well as knowledge of how offenders work to do harm to children. Even so, I think marriage might help some men who may need someone to talk to outside of therapy. It is also a double edged sword because of the many cases taken place inside the home too.

I think it would be somewhat healthy if they didn't become like monks in a way. To me, they're so trusting in their position either way. What happen over the years really stained my views of the Catholic Church. I disagreed with a few things they believed, but I kept hearing about all the cases and well it warped my views. I'm going to look into that film.

That's a really broad generalization...

Grow up in a country where they abuse children without remorse, try to cover it up and their sisters in arms throw innocent women into basically prison institutions for years and don't apologise. Live in a country where the catholic priests are actively trying to make life worse for their people. Then come back. They're horrible, horrible people.

I want an Inglorious Bastards kind of movie where the team kills pedophiles in all kinds of medieval ways. The priest in discussion would be the Hitler of the movie. Tarantino, would you kindly do it please?

Nocebo

Another point to make out is that children are typically abused by someone they know.
I assume that is because strangers don't typically have easy access to children. As they're generally accompanied by "someone they know". Especially if they're really young.

Or put another way I think it's easier for a child abuser to abuse a child they know and knows them. Because they're easier to get alone etc. So it's not surprising that the statistic shows that children are typically abused by someone they know.

ninjabat

I don't get the fascination Catholic priests have with little children. Where did this come from? What is the cause? Why not just date a grown woman?

Siegcram

I don't get the fascination Catholic priests have with little children. Where did this come from? What is the cause? Why not just date a grown woman?
dated meme, but
joker-1.jpg

Vitten

Catholic priests are obliged to be celibate and are forbidden to have intimate relationships.

This scares away many potential candidates with a normal sexual preference to become priests and leave a disproportionately large number of candidates with an 'abnormal' sexual preference because they don't mind the celibacy rule.

Wat? No really What the fuck, he's like "that damn sexy 5 year old suduced that grown ass man!" How does that make sense in your head? How can you be dumb enough to say these things. How stupid are you?

Celibacy is so against everything natural. These people can barely be called human. They denounced humanity by throwing away their lives for a rotten fairytale.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom