• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Free pride skins suicide squad

GymWolf

Gold Member
What a waste of fucking talent this game has been
pulp-fiction-john-travolta.gif

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
Man that has to be so demoralizing, working on all this content for a game that literally nobody is playing just so your company can try to save face on their $200 million disaster.

It’s like the digital equivalent of paying people to dig holes in the ground and fill them back up again.

Get 'em while they're hot GAF

I actually like Dead Shots pride colors. The others, besides Captain boomerangs scarf are meh 🫤 to me.

And the joker is asexual? I honestly thought he was a flamboyant gay man. That’s just the impression I got. 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
Truthfully, I can scarcely believe Rocksteady has fallen this far. How do you go from the excellent and faithful Arkham games to this pretentious gaas trash? Simultaneously, the studio has gone from non-woke to the most woke in one fell swoop. Considering WB and Rocksteady have lost hundreds of millions on this debacle it’s almost impressive the way they have doubled down. Sigh. I may as well stick the boot in I guess…

Rocksteady dev getting ready for a day in the office…

Make-Up Meme GIF by Justin

TransTrender

Gold Member
Putting the trans pride flag on the “suicide squad” is pretty tone deaf no?
When looking at the OP I had a similar thought:
Self-Harm Squad

Either way I thought the trigger bots would automatically prune any content with 'suicide' 'pride' and those color schemes.

Hypereides

Gold Member
Good lord, that Ms. Freeze design... Its sad what these people did to Rocksteady.

Kinda comes off as if they know they're going down, so they decided to be fully overt and go out with a figurative middle finger.

The hell is wrong with western video games?
Dunno about all the western AAA studios, but a source has affirmed much of what we suspected/assumed largely about studios on the US west coast. They can't stand the gaming community:

Last edited:

ssringo

What a fucking mess of a design, panderflags aside. They objectively look horrible, it's not even done in an appealing way to the eyes.
Yeah, they just look bad in general. Makes me wonder if people that are into the whole pride thing even find them appealing.

laynelane

Good lord, that Ms. Freeze design... Its sad what these people did to Rocksteady.

Kinda comes off as if they know they're going down, so they decided to be fully overt and go out with a figurative middle finger.

Dunno about all the western AAA studios, but a source has affirmed much of what we suspected/assumed largely about studios on the US west coast. They can't stand the gaming community:

I get that insane activists hate gamers, that's been obvious for a while especially since some of them have made public statements to that effect. But what I don't get is the publishers/corporations that support them. Gamers are customers. What sense is there in hiring people who hate the customer base you rely on to make money? It's just been really odd watching this targeted 'forgetfulness' about gamers as customers - we're not a monolith and businesses exist to serve the customer - not the other way around. No one is going to buy a game just to support DEI and we're seeing that in real time with examples like Concord and Suicide Squad. It'll be interesting to see just how much financial and reputational loss these companies are willing to take, though, because it's evident customers have had enough.

OT: There's an old joke about throwing up a rainbow, but these skins actually look like that. Yeesh.

Last edited:

Boss Mog

Hxi3E9F.jpeg

Is that supposed to be a man or a woman cause I can't really tell. Maybe that's the point?

Take a buff guy, slap tits on him and drape him in rainbows is what it looks like to me.

Do they think all LGBT people automatically love rainbow vomit everywhere? Pretty stereotypical if you ask me. It's akin to designing skins for black people and having them all be rapper/hip hop street fashion.

It reeks of a guy spending 10 mins in MS Paint just to get some internet virtue signaling brownie points.

Top Bottom