• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Free pride skins suicide squad

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Good lord, that Ms. Freeze design... Its sad what these people did to Rocksteady.

Kinda comes off as if they know they're going down, so they decided to be fully overt and go out with a figurative middle finger.

Dunno about all the western AAA studios, but a source has affirmed much of what we suspected/assumed largely about studios on the US west coast. They can't stand the gaming community:

Who is this guy and why would we believe him.

Hes got like 30000 subs not exactly someone devs would reach out to to snitch.
His whole channel seems to be "anti-woke" I dont firsty scroll and literally everything seems negative, channekls that live of negativity within the games industry are a bigger cancer that whatever woke agenda people believe is being spread.

I really have no problem with this stuff being created, what irks me is that if they made patriotic America themed skins for 4th of July people would complain that it was “problematic” to celebrate because of colonialism or whatever.
Why does such a hypothetical scenario irk you? Judging by the wealth of anti-pride skin comments here in this thread, people potentially complaining about America themed skins being problematic would be completely expected. A little tit for tat if you will. The opposite side of the same coin.

There will always be someone to complain about something. There's balance. It makes just as much sense to attack poorly-made transparently PR-focused overt patriotic content as it does to attack poorly-made transparently PR-focused overt pride content. When these silly innocuous things happen, most of us just go about our business not caring but some outliers just can't handle it and get their feathers ruffled.

I mean, if we're being honest, it'd be weird if some jank immersion-breaking skins, that promote something completely unrelated to a game's narrative, WEREN'T criticized by internet people.

Last edited:

Hypereides

Gold Member
Who is this guy and why would we believe him.

Hes got like 30000 subs not exactly someone devs would reach out to to snitch.
His whole channel seems to be "anti-woke" I dont firsty scroll and literally everything seems negative, channekls that live of negativity within the games industry are a bigger cancer that whatever woke agenda people believe is being spread.
Black_Stride, you're free to believe whatever you want. You can nitpick it apart with a fine-tooth comb as you see fit. That's your call. Nobody is forcing you to accept what this guy is saying. His subscriber count should be irrelevant. He used to work for SOE and is connected within the industry.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Black_Stride, you're free to believe whatever you want. You can nitpick it apart with a fine-tooth comb as you see fit. That's your call. Nobody is forcing you to accept what this guy is saying. His subscriber count should be irrelevant. He used to work for SOE and is connected within the industry.

1M92C8v.gif

Dont drink the koolaid.

Top Bottom