• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands |OT|

Zapages

Its my 2nd official thread here. I hope you guys like this. :)

1gkp45.jpg

----------------------------------------------------------------
Title

Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands

History
5th Prince of Persia game by Ubisoft Montreal/Quebec
8th Prince of Persia game in the Prince of Persia Series

Classic Storyline:
Prince of Persia 1
Prince of Persia 2: The Shadow of Flame
Prince of Persia 3D

Sands of Time Storyline:
Prince of Persia The Sands of Time
*Prince of Persia The Forgotten Sands
Prince of Persia Warrior Within
Prince of Persia The Two Thrones

Arhiman Storyline:
Prince of Persia 2008 or PoP 4/7/2008 +DLC Epilogue

Xbox 360/PS3/PC Versions were made by Ubisoft Montreal
PSP/DS/Wii Version were made by Ubisoft Quebec

Information

This game is not a movie tie in.

Release Dates:
May 18th - US for Xbox 360/PS3/PSP/DS/Wii
May 21st - UK for Xbox 360/PS3/PSP/DS/Wii
June 8th - US - PC
June 11th - UK - PC

Platforms: Xbox 360, PS3, PC, PSP, DS, and Wii

Players: 1

esrb_t.gif

Box Arts

US:
270488b.jpg
200031b.jpg
230433b.jpg
190008b.jpg
180870b.jpg
640037b.jpg

UK:
346465ps_500h.jpg
346854ps_500h.jpg
348170ps_500h.jpg
346639ps_500h.jpg
348169ps_500h.jpg

UK/Europe Exclusive:
screenshot.4-noscale.jpg

Prince_of_Perisa_Les_Sables_Oublies.jpg

Background
Marking the next-gen console debut of Ubisoft’s critically acclaimed series, Prince of Persia - The Forgotten Sands is the next chapter in the fan-favorite Sands of Time universe. Visiting his brother’s kingdom following his adventure in Azad, the Prince finds the royal palace under siege from a mighty army bent on its destruction. His brother Malik decides to use the ancient power of the Sand in a desperate gamble to save the kingdom from total annihilation. To save the kingdom, the Prince must embark on an epic adventure in which he will learn to bear the mantle of true leadership, and that great power often comes with a great cost.

Gameplay
* Classic Gameplay Reinvented: From huge-scale multi-enemy combat to dizzying feats of acrobatic prowess in gigantic environments enhanced by the Prince’s ability to control nature and time, The Forgotten Sands will push the Prince’s prodigious abilities to a not-yet-seen level.
* A Blockbuster Experience: With all-out war at the gates of the kingdom, the Prince’s abilities will be challenged like never before through the course of epic wow moments, be it by scaling a castle tower collapsing under bombardment or combating foes hundreds of feet tall.
* Mastery Over Nature: Wielding powers of nature and time, the Prince will have unparalleled mastery over his environment and his enemies. The Prince will discover that harnessing the forces of nature itself will prove to be a devastating companion to his ability to rewind time.
* Better Than Ever: Powered by the Anvil Engine used for Assassin’s Creed 2, The Forgotten Sands promises to bring a Prince of Persia experience like never before seen. Battle hordes of enemies at once, explore life-like settings, and experience a more powerful Prince.
* Return of a Fan-Favorite Franchise: Set between Prince of Persia – The Sands of Time and Warrior Within, The Forgotten Sands provides fans with a new chapter in the saga of the Prince, and an opportunity to deepen their understanding of the events from this series.

Powers

Rewind Time
Fire - run around a kill enemies with fire run and I have no clue
Wind - wind dash and whirlwind of death to kill enemies
Earth - resurrect broken parts of landscape and make better armor
Water - Freeze water and send ice blasts to enemies

Screen Shot - Xbox 360/PS3/PC
prince-of-persia-the-forgotten-sands-20100218043328541.jpg

prince-of-persia-the-forgotten-sands-20100323104126786.jpg

prince-of-persia-the-forgotten-sands-20100323104132520.jpg

prince-of-persia-the-forgotten-sands-20100323104123614.jpg

prince-of-persia-the-forgotten-sands-20100323104120833.jpg

Screen Shot - PSP

prince-of-persia-the-forgotten-sands-20100414061738126.jpg

prince-of-persia-the-forgotten-sands-20100414061740001.jpg

prince-of-persia-the-forgotten-sands-20100414061741423.jpg

prince-of-persia-the-forgotten-sands-20100414061743017.jpg

prince-of-persia-the-forgotten-sands-20100414061744485.jpg

Screen Shot - Wii

prince-of-persia-the-forgotten-sands-wii-screenshot.jpg

Prince-of-Persia-Forgotten-Sands-For-Wii-Detailed-And-Dated.jpg

Screen Shot - DS

20025.jpg
20027.jpg
20028.jpg

Pre-Order Bonuses only for US
Sand Wraith Skin - exclusive to Best Buy
Malik Skin Free - through facebook game: http://www.facebook.com/princeofpersia?v=app_4949752878
Arena Battle Mode - Exclusive to Gamestop
Free Prince of Persia Forgotten Sands game and 5 dollars of Prince of Persia Forgotten Sands code: popersia - Exclusive to Amazon plus a 10 dollars off next video game purchase

Gameplay Footage - Xbox 360/PS3/PC
Gameplay footage about first 5 hours:
http://www.youtube.com/user/harleywastaken#g/c/6C240695D37EF349
Water Skills: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k916TNoJIeI
Platform trailer: http://www.gametrailers.com/video/exclusive-wonders-prince-of/100194
Powers Trailer: http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/p...ia-the-forgotten-sands-acrobatic-powers-movie

Gameplay Footage - PSP

Traps and how to avoid them
http://www.gamespot.com/psp/action/...nds--leaping-and-wall-climbing-gameplay-movie

This is amazing as well - great platforming
http://www.gamespot.com/psp/action/...rgotten-sands--using-the-sands-gameplay-movie

More gameplay: http://www.gamespot.com/psp/action/...ands--combat-leaping-and-traps-gameplay-movie

Gameplay Footage - Wii
new gameplay footage of the wii version: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KeqTx6mfNU4
and another video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zygzyaQT8YU&feature=channel
3 min gamplay footage of the Wii version: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QeN5xiq_568

Tom Salta is the music composer for Prince of Persia Forgotten Sands (Wii Version):

http://www.tomsalta.com/behindPrinceOfPersia.html

4 Music samples: http://soundcloud.com/tomsalta/sets/prince-of-persia-the-forgotten-sands

uploaded by Tom Salta. :)

Uplay

Uplay

Actions:
Memories of Azad

Reach the thick of the battle
Solomon's Army

Release Solomon's Army
Not what it looks like

Defeat Ratash
Eye of the storm

Reach the final fight

Rewards:
Prince of Persia: TFS Theme

Unlock a Prince of Persia: TFS Theme
Experience Point Boost

Unlock enough additional experience for up to two new upgrades.
Ezio Costume

Play in Ezio's costume from Assassin's Creed II™. Check the Extras menu to activate this costume.
Challenge Mode Arena

Unlock a new arena in Challenge Mode.

Reviews

Nintendo Power Rated Prince of Persia The Forgotten Sands (Wii Version): 80/100.

Playr 8/10: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bfaIWo92sIU

JdFoX187

Banned
Don't know why, but I decided to preorder the game because I've enjoyed all the others, and it looks fun. Guess it'll go behind Red Dead Redemption and Alan Wake this week.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
it's a bit weird that you have like 4 ps3 boxes and no boxes for any other console

it's a bit weird that you retconned pop 2008 out of existence

EDarkness

I've been thinking about picking this up for some reason. I doubt my wife will let me since my game backlog is huge. Still, I think the game looks pretty cool.

Zapages

Stumpokapow said:
it's a bit weird that you have like 4 ps3 boxes and no boxes for any other console

it's a bit weird that you retconned pop 2008 out of existence

Just updated the thread with all console box arts and stuff... It was just a work in the progress at that time. lol

Also I just copy pasted most of the info from gamestop's info about the game. lol Also the gameplay footage is from the other three threads about this game Wii Thread/Console+PC thread, and PSP thread about the game. I have yet to find any DS gamefootage though. :|

I bought the game for 41 dollars from amazon this past weekend... 10 dollars of my unused game spending and 5 dollars from the PoPersia code. :)

TripOpt55

I'm going to pick up the PS3 version this week. The platforming looks really great. Some of the parts with the waterfall freezing look tough too. Also hope to pick up the Wii and PSP versions down the line at some point.

Sanjay said:
So is the Wii and 360/PS3 the same game but just better graphics?
No the Wii version is a different game with a different story, powers and so on. Looks pretty good too.

~Kinggi~

Banned
I'm anticipating an average game out of this. Seems like a movie cash-in deal with the film coming out 2 weeks from now.

The graphics are clearly designed to take advantage of multiple formats ie. not current gen looking.

Wolf23

Neo Member
To be the direct sequel to The Sands of Time means this title has a lot to live up to.

I am also fairly alarmed by the lack of hype.

black_13

Banned
Wolf23 said:
To be the direct sequel to The Sands of Time means this title has a lot to live up to.

I am also fairly alarmed by the lack of hype.
No kidding. where the heck is the hype? Maybe even Ubisoft knows this is crap? Although vids look pretty decent.

But why didn't they continue the 2008 POP story and just make a better, more challenging game?

Barrett2

black_13 said:
No kidding. where the heck is the hype? Maybe even Ubisoft knows this is crap? Although vids look pretty decent.

But why didn't they continue the 2008 POP story and just make a better, more challenging game?
I'm guessing because it's a movie tie-in they had short development time, hence, might be shitty.

Regarding the PSP POP games; which is the best one currently on PSN?

~Kinggi~

Banned
black_13 said:

The movie people! This needs to be like the movie!

kaskade

I didn't even realize it was coming out this week. With Red Dead and Alan Wake there's some competition.

I'm hoping it turns out alright though.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
I've got the PS3, Wii, PSP, and DS versions preordered already.
Pray for my soul. :/

Do we know ANYTHING about the DS version?
I know that the HD, Wii, and PSP versions are all basically different, but I don't know shit about the DS game...

Zapages

Mejilan said:
I've got the PS3, Wii, PSP, and DS versions preordered already.
Pray for my soul. :/

Do we know ANYTHING about the DS version?
I know that the HD, Wii, and PSP versions are all basically different, but I don't know shit about the DS game...

Wow dude that is crazy. I would buy the PSP verison, but I don't have a PSP. :( Anyway the DS is a totally different game as well.. But its not worth it from screens, that I have posted.

Also this game is not a movie tie in at all.. Its a totally an independent game..

Firebrand

Didn't know there was a PC version, I assume it has their new DRM? If not I'd get it
during the Steam holiday sale

Looks better than Two Thrones which I thought was a bit meh.

Zapages

Empty said:
is this game by the same ubisoft montreal team that made POP2008?

Don't know... Some people from that team are still there, but some are new. I know for sure Ben Mattes is not the producer for this game. Although I know one person, who is involved in this game and he was apart of the original Sands of Time game that was released back in the day. Aside from this the team is usually huge in Ubisoft Montreal for nearly all of their games.

Salazar

The skeleton warriors look like they are laughing. The way their jaws are fixed - and especially when they are flying back through the air.

My strong desire for a POP game like SOT/TTT is conflicted with my (even without seeing video) concern that it's a rushed cash-in. Visuals don't look all that great. Actually the screens that I like are the Wii ones, simply because the old engine still manages to look better than most Wii games.

This should be AMAZING but it won't be. I'd love to be proven wrong.

shawnlreed

Salazar said:
The skeleton warriors look like they are laughing. The way their jaws are fixed - and especially when they are flying back through the air.

I had the exact same thought.
This skeleton in particular looks like he's having a great time! :lol

4614143012_366448c75d_o.jpg

Zapages

Snaku said:
Guess I'll just toss these snazzy official thread graphics in the bin...

You can upload them on tinypic... and I'll edit the OP. :) That'll be great, I am going to busy with school and I thought I would quickly make this before then.

K' Dash

are they ditching the POP 2008 cell shaded forever
, like nintendo did with the superior WW look
?

I know the spoiler tagged is kinda off topic, I just wanted to be vocal about that too...

Zapages

K' Dash said:
?

I know the spoiler tagged is kinda off topic, I just wanted to be vocal about that too...

Nope another team is working on it right now... But they are not ready to show it to the public as they still narrowing down what worked and how to fix things that did not work in POP 2008.

K' Dash

Zapages said:
Nope another team is working on it right now... But they are not ready to show it to the public as they still narrowing down what worked and how to fix things that did not work in POP 2008.

Excellent news, thank you for the info, any reviews up for the forgotten sands?

EDarkness

K' Dash said:
?

I don't know why people keep saying that about Wind Waker. I hated the look of that game and hope they never go back to it.

You people, though it's natural in many arenas, need to forget about that one classic game and stop comparing or relating everything after it to it.

I know it's tough but of course this game won't be as good as Sands of Time and of course Resident Evil 5 wouldn't be as good as Resident Evil 4 but maybe this and Resident Evil 5 are better than average games on their own(not sure about even Resident Evil 5, videos didn't look "right").

With that said, nothing I said was anything profound but why is Ubisoft written off before anyone plays any game they release now????

I am sure they still have a good one or two in them, Red Steel 2 looks like it was not far from being an excellent game.

~Kinggi~

Banned
Zapages said:
No prob man. :)

nothing so far, but some folks got the game early*I guess* and they are posting their gameplay videos on Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/harleywastaken#g/c/6C240695D37EF349

There are 20 videos there for first 5 hours or so of the gameplay and of course spoilers . :)
This actually doesnt look half bad. See thats not good, im already getting 3 games on tuesday. I may use some Amazon game credits to buy it. Maybe.

Moss

I finished the game this afternoon. While it's a little rough around the edges visually, I actually thought the gameplay was probably the best in the series so far. It feels more like a sequel to Sands of Time than WW or TTT. Some extra development time wouldn't have gone amiss, but on the whole I really enjoyed it.

I went in expecting very little and was pleasantly surprised. Very curious to see how it reviews.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I didn't know this was coming out so soon. I really don't like the design of the main character but I'll probably try it at some point.

ZAnimus

I'm getting this for 360, Wii and PSP. I don't expect the game(s) to be excellent, and I'm disappointed that they haven't rather continued with the storyline of the 2008 game, but if it's anything like the three last-gen games I'm sure I'll have a blast with it.

nico

Banned
Moss said:
I finished the game this afternoon. While it's a little rough around the edges visually, I actually thought the gameplay was probably the best in the series so far. It feels more like a sequel to Sands of Time than WW or TTT. Some extra development time wouldn't have gone amiss, but on the whole I really enjoyed it.

I went in expecting very little and was pleasantly surprised. Very curious to see how it reviews.
platform? you played 2008?

Averon

I love PoP games, but the combat looks really bad in this game. And I expected better visuals from the same company that made PoP 2008. I'll eventually get the game, but not until I can find it for about $30.

Top Bottom