• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Prince of Persia Warrior Within: Bertrand Helias Interview

Solid

http://interviews.teamxbox.com/xbox/930/Prince-of-Persia-Warrior-Within-Bertrand-Helias-Interview/p1

Some interesting things!
What about this "Dahaka" that is hunting down the Prince?

Bertrand Helias
: Well, The Dahaka is the Guardian of Time. Of course he didn't appreciate very much The Prince playing with the timeline in the Sands of Time. Now, the Dahaka has one purpose only - ending the Prince's life. Designing this character was very exciting; we wanted him to be huge, powerful and unique. I think it'll be a totally memorable character for players. Of course we are hiding him a little bit right now in order to not spoil the surprise, but players will be able to see him from very very close!

What kind of weaponry is available for the player?

Bertrand Helias
: The Prince will have a large arsenal of first and secondary weapons available to him. Throughout the game, he will be able to use a variety of swords, axes, maces and daggers. In a whole, there are more than 50 weapons in the game! The cool thing is that you will now be able to pick any secondary weapon from your enemies - anywhere in the game - and throw them for a very deadly attack or use them against your enemy!

At the moment what is the current state of the game's progress and when will it be completed?

Bertrand Helias
: We basically finished all the development. We are now polishing graphics and level design. The game will be truly completed by end October or early November.

Can we expect further adventures of the Prince, or do you think he'll go into retirement after saving the world?

Bertrand Helias
: Well, I don't think that after having played Warrior Within, fans will be willing to let him go. He might then have some more work to do before retirement...

What has been the most satisfying aspect of working on the Warrior Within?

Bertrand Helias
: Working on the sequel of the Game of the Year can only be satisfying. We have one of the best engines of the industry and the best possible team to do this type of game. We listened to fans and provided them a really new experience. When I see the great reaction from players when we show the game now, I'm really very, very satisfied.
1098748407.jpg

Rei_Toei

Fclvat sbe Pnanqn, ru?
The whole aspect of using lots of weapons sounds good, I always liked to mess around with lot's of different weapons in the Iga Castlevania's. But that shot looks too good to be true (?).

Top Bottom