• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Prince of Persia Warrior Within Difficulty and Length of game from Yannis Mallat

Here we are, on Friday night in Montreal. First, I didn’t neglected by blogging duty djnogg!! ;-) I’m here -- busy -- but I’m here!! Okay, so this is last minute, but not late… It’s 8pm and 60% of the whole team is here (which still makes a good 40 people, now that the animators and pre-rendered scenes guys left), eating some delivery food (those guys are making a hell of a lot of money out of us BTW!), getting some strength before spending another loooong night. I’m currently checking the latest reports on the build. There are of course some little bugs found by the testers that we fix on the fly, but here tonight, the designers are playing the game on the “hard” difficulty level. To be honest, even us have some hard time to pass the 3rd boss fight in this mode!!! So we may actually adjust it a little. Some final tweaking always occurs, but it’s for the good of the game. It’s funny because they don’t even know they’ll still be here tomorrow morning at this pace. A complete walkthrough takes a good 18 to 20 hours in normal difficulty mode, so…I guess we’ll be ordering breakfast soon !!

This is pretty much what happens at the end of projects: you can’t stop to play your game because it doesn’t stop getting better and better, day after day… Four guys lay on the couch with one playing on the huge TV screen with Dolby Prologic II and Progressive Scan activated, chips and food on the ground… Cool stuff indeed. It reminds me of last year at the exact same date: we were playing Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time with the same scene: playing the game, passing the controller around to the next person… Although this time the game is much longer and much… better.

Tomorrow, we’ll get the latest trailer so that we can approve it before releasing it on the web for you guys… I can’t wait, I’ve been very pleased with the quality of the first one.

Know what: I think I’ll borrow the couch and pillow to take a little nap… The pizza is heavy on my stomach…

See you guys !!

(Yannis Mallat -- Executive Producer)

Source:POP WW Blog

ohamsie

Just out of curiosty ZA Pages, do you work for Ubisoft or are you just a big fan? You always seem to have a lot of new information about this game.

Mrbob

Interesting. Maybe I'll pick up this game after all. As long as I can find it for 40 bucks. I can't truly hate on this game unless I play it to completion. PoP wasn't horrible. Just not the type of game I expected to see such high scores for. Everything I read said this game has been upgraded to a decent degree. We'll see. FOOL ME TWICE UBI I BE SAD.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
I hope this game doesnt have visions like the original. Didn't think it was possible for a game to spoil itself

Solid

My favorite, the Griffon.

prince-of-persia-warrior-within-20041027051238641.jpg

566_0004.jpg

566_0005.jpg

Wario64 said:
I hope this game doesnt have visions like the original. Didn't think it was possible for a game to spoil itself

I know, tho after a while I knew better than to watch them. I just skipped them all together.

ced

huzkee said:
I know, tho after a while I knew better than to watch them. I just skipped them all together.

They still screwed up the pacing. Maybe we can toggle them off this time if theyre included.

ohamsie said:
Just out of curiosty ZA Pages, do you work for Ubisoft or are you just a big fan? You always seem to have a lot of new information about this game.

Sorry I don't work for Ubisoft, I wish I did though. I'm just a huge fan of the series since it beginnings in 1989. :)

I run a fansite called Prince of Persia Legacy. The SOT and WW sections are most up to date and finished. As I had some problems with the previous host, thus I had to make the site from scratch. Also I moderate the official POP forums. So that's fun. :)

ced

ZA Pages can you give any highlights from the stellar reviews its received thus far?

I keep seeing these scores but have yet to see or read anything from them.

I read the PSM review, didn't give much infomation about the game.

The only negative was there was a bit of back tracking.

As for OXM, I did read the positives and negatives. This is one quote from it: "If there is another game besides Halo 2 to buy this holiday season. Its Prince of Persia Warrior Within on the Xbox." That's all I remember from top of my head. Sorry.

Top Bottom