• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pro Evolution Soccer 4 on XBL (semi-confirmed?)

F

Folder

Unconfirmed Member
Socreges said:
If we (North Americans or otherwise) were to import from Europe, would Live still work with the game?

Not too sure. Unlikely as you'd need a modded/PAL machine, innit...

8bit

Knows the Score
Socreges said:
I would mod my Xbox to play imports, yes.

If you do that, you'll be banned from XBL within moments of logging in. You'll need a PAL box, unless the disc is somehow region free.

F

Folder

Unconfirmed Member
Socreges said:
I would mod my Xbox to play imports, yes.

Yeah sure. But what I mean is, you can't just hook up a modded/PAL machine to XBL without issues, so it's unlikely. My reckoning is that you'll just have to wait. Chatting with Konami reps last week, it'll make it there with full online not too much later than Europe.

:)

Socreges

Banned
Oh, right, yeah.

it'll make it there with full online not too much later than Europe.
Five months is "too much later" as far as I'm concerned. :( Freaking Euro Xboxers don't deserve such treatment.

Fowler

I'm now trying to figure out my options here... buy a PAL Xbox + PAL PES? The most immediate and satisfying answer, but it'll probably be lag-tastic. Or wait for the US version? I don't trust Konami USA to include it.

Hrm.

Hrm.

Kobold

half-wit retard monkey's ass
Some xbox live titels aren't region bound, so it could work. Just let someone try it first then order. ;)

Prine

Banned
Fowler said:
The whole region-free thing doesn't apply when it's PAL/NTSC... or does it?

Depends on publisher, i think.

Every XBL Ubi Soft game i've bought were region free. Same with Activision and most recently Rallisport Challenge 2. I think, if a PAL game is released winthin a few weeks of the US version, theres a high chance of that game remaining region free.

Im going to buy the PAL version and test it, i'll let you know on launch day.

joaomgcd

Deepthroat said:
Link is broken for me.

http://www.xboxyde.com/news_998_en.html

Dosen't show much at all. It's pretty much the picture of the live meny in motion.

That's not the same video at all. The video posted above shows the regular Xbox Live options like Quick Match, Optimatch, Rankings, etc. It even shows two player connecting to eachother on xbox live.
Some guys shown in the ranking option already have 30+ games.. Must be the devs or something, judging by their names. :D

Miburou

Sony must really be pissed right now. Well, at least there's no chance of it coming out in Japan.

Anyway, I really hope they fix the slowdown in the Xbox rev, and that online play is kept for the NA version (no reason why it shouldn't).

jarrod

Banned
Fowler said:
Or wait for the US version?
What US version? Has Konami announced WE8 for the US yet (and more specifically for XBox)? The GC WE6 only managed to release in one region, it might be the same for XBox PES4 (the game was specifically targeted to EU).

Kobold

Fowler said:
The whole region-free thing doesn't apply when it's PAL/NTSC... or does it?
Nah they region lock most games for import prevention, much like dvd's.

However Xbox Live is worldwide, so they don't want your copy not to work when you bring it outside of your country I think. Plus all modern TV's can do PAL and NTSC display modes. :)

But it's not 100% sure though, like someone said, Ubi and Microsoft mostly do it region free Live games...

BTW: I recorded the video, you can see my legs in the pic. Nice to see it's spreading.

Solid

Pro Evo 4: Online rumours unravelled

[06/09/04 12:02]
Konami speak out and things are looking positive for those gagging for PES online

At last week's Game Stars show, the presence of an Xbox Live option in the menu of Pro Evolution Soccer 4 further fuelled rumours that the Xbox version would be playable online.

Of course, the mere presence of an Xbox Live connection in itself doesn't confirm online play, as it could refer to downloadable content or simply a friend search function (as in the recently released Chronicles of Riddick). However, cautionary expectancy seems the order of the day after we spoke to those behind the game.

Konami today told us that "there will be an announcement very soon with regard to PES4 and Xbox Live". They also confirmed that this PES4 online announcement would mention PS2. Which still leaves us in the dark to exactly what online capabilities PES4 will have - but, at this stage, it would be ridiculous for Konami to announce that neither system would be online capable.

As such, Xbox is the likely favourite to provide online footie action. As for PS2, it could simply be that Konami will announce that it has no online capabilities but, again, it's a negative that seems pointless to mention. Here's hoping it's an online game of two halves for both systems. Of course, as soon as Konami make the Pro Evo 4 online announcement, we'll let you know immediately.

http://www.gamesradar.co.uk/

I doubt it's online for PS2 but you should never say never.

Kobold

JMPovoa said:
Well why didn't your record the game being played anyway? Was it that laggy that you were afraid to?? :D
No, it crashed. Debug software on the debugs there was different then used at office Konami. :D

But since there was tons of testers in the scoreboards, it works already! Too bad Konami still not talking 'official'.

Oh this game is also superior to FIFA in animations and gameplay. Played both plenty.

GashPrex

NeoGaf-Gold™ Member
Deepthroat said:
Pro Evo 4: Online rumours unravelled

[06/09/04 12:02]
Konami speak out and things are looking positive for those gagging for PES online

At last week's Game Stars show, the presence of an Xbox Live option in the menu of Pro Evolution Soccer 4 further fuelled rumours that the Xbox version would be playable online.

Of course, the mere presence of an Xbox Live connection in itself doesn't confirm online play, as it could refer to downloadable content or simply a friend search function (as in the recently released Chronicles of Riddick). However, cautionary expectancy seems the order of the day after we spoke to those behind the game.

Konami today told us that "there will be an announcement very soon with regard to PES4 and Xbox Live". They also confirmed that this PES4 online announcement would mention PS2. Which still leaves us in the dark to exactly what online capabilities PES4 will have - but, at this stage, it would be ridiculous for Konami to announce that neither system would be online capable.

As such, Xbox is the likely favourite to provide online footie action. As for PS2, it could simply be that Konami will announce that it has no online capabilities but, again, it's a negative that seems pointless to mention. Here's hoping it's an online game of two halves for both systems. Of course, as soon as Konami make the Pro Evo 4 online announcement, we'll let you know immediately.

http://www.gamesradar.co.uk/

I doubt it's online for PS2 but you should never say never.

that's a stupid article, if you look at the video it clearly shows optimatch and online play - not just downloadable content or something.

Top Bottom