• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Project CARS | OT | Made by 80.000 slightly mad developers

Mascot

Have they given a complete list yet of the Historic DLC for this month? It definitely sounds like the one I've been waiting for with the Lotus and old track hints.

I'm not paying much attention to any of the rumours after getting convinced that the McTrack was coming last month. It's not even on the radar for THIS month any more, apparently.

The historic tracks and vintage F1s do look tasty though. I'll just expect them when I see them.

Jamesways

I'm not paying much attention to any of the rumours after getting convinced that the McTrack was coming last month. It's not even on the radar for THIS month any more, apparently.

The historic tracks and vintage F1s do look tasty though. I'll just expect them when I see them.

Wait, seriously? Oh that's a bummer. Been dying to play that. Loved that track in FRL, It was so pure bliss with the old F1 Ferraris. I was really hoping to tool around in the old Lotuses on that this month.

danowat

Banned
Picked this game up in the sale on PS4, but find the handling difficult on the pad, is it easier with a wheel? Wondering if I should invest in one for this GTS and Driveclub

danowat

Banned
Picked this game up in the sale on PS4, but find the handling difficult on the pad, is it easier with a wheel? Wondering if I should invest in one for this GTS and Driveclub

The stock settings for the gamepad are terrible, try these.

Steering deadzone 6 (or lower if you can get away with it, will depend how tight your pad is, some old and/or sloppy pads will need the deadzone increased)
Steering sensitivity 0 (shame this won't go any lower)
Throttle deadzone 10
Throttle sensitivity 30 (if you are finding it hard to smootly get the power down on corner exit, reduce)
Brake deadzone 10
Brake sensitivity 30 (if you are finiding it hard to smoothly brake into corners, reduce)
Speed sensitivity 50 (you don't want this any higher, if you can get away with it lower, go for it, all it does it reduce steering lock in parallel with speed, so the faster you go, the less steering lock you have, which can make it impossible to take fast corners)
Controller filtering 50 (still haven't figured out what this one does for certain, but at higher levels it seems to add a deadzone to the steering)
Input mode 2
Advanced on
soft steering on
visual wheel filtering off (you may want this on if the "jittering" steering wheel in cockpit mode distracts you)
opposite lock help off

Jamesways

Rouen is fantastic.

Man, I can't wait for this DLC pack! I love the GT3 class, but my two other favorite cars I spend the most time in are the Lotus 49 and 72D. Just so fun to drive when you get it right.

xrnzaaas

I finally had the chance to play the new DLC and all the cars are great. It would be hard to pick my favorite... maybe one of the Lancers, maybe the TS040 Hybrid (it's a beast and it sounds awesome!). The DLC is definitely worth the price.

danowat

Banned
I finally had the chance to play the new DLC and all the cars are great. It would be hard to pick my favorite... maybe one of the Lancers, maybe the TS040 Hybrid (it's a beast and it sounds awesome!). The DLC is definitely worth the price.

It's got it's hooks in me again, and I was originally quite scathing on the most recent DLC, but boy oh boy, it is fun.

All of the cars are just so much fun to drive, the little GT-86 is a really little slingable rocket, the Lancers are just crazy, so much oversteer under braking meaning you can just chuck it into a corner sideways and hang on for the ride!.

Even the two Rocket Bunny cars are fun, the trackday version is a bit bonkers though.

I know a lot of people don't like PCars, but IMO it's seriously underated.

xrnzaaas

Yeah, I keep replaying the GT class career events so that I can drive the new Lancers. So much fun. :) The car classes are still unbalanced, though. Lancers are OP in the Road C1 & C2 classes. Scion Rocket Bunny on the other hand can't compete with the BAC Mono or McLaren F1. I qualified 20th in the Brands Hatch event in the Scion and barely made it to 14th in the race.

HokieJoe

I haven't kept up with this game. Does the lack of frame rate lock hurt the Xbox One version appreciably? I'd like to get this game, so just curious what the gaf collective thinks.

xrnzaaas

http://www.projectcarsgame.com/survey.html

I usually ignore surveys, but I've decided to fill this one out (I believe it was added today), because it's pretty detailed so there might be a chance to influence the shape of pCARS 2 (and ongoing support of pCARS 1).

By the way this month's upcoming DLC looks promising :) New oldschool tracks and new cars like this Lotus:

111hds44.jpg

danowat

Banned
http://www.projectcarsgame.com/survey.html

I usually ignore surveys, but I've decided to fill this one out (I believe it was added today), because it's pretty detailed so there might be a chance to influence the shape of pCARS 2 (and ongoing support of pCARS 1).

Don't like the way they've bundled some games together, "are the physics more realistic than Iracing, Rfactor and Asseto Corsa", which makes the assumption that the 3 are equal.

fresquito

Not only that. It also asumes that all physics are on the same level, when they're not. Tyre physics are some of the best in the genre, while aira nd body physics are bad.

Mascot

Don't like the way they've bundled some games together, "are the physics more realistic than Iracing, Rfactor and Asseto Corsa", which makes the assumption that the 3 are equal.

Yep, unfortunately the questions seem as ill-conceived or badly-executed as recent patch content, such as this gem:

How would you rate Project CARS’ audio compared to Gran Turismo & Forza Motorsport?

More realistic
Less realistic
About the same
I don't know

GT and FM have such different audio (GT: bad, FM: excellent) that this question is impossible to answer with the options available.

There are more examples of badly-worded questions with odd answers to choose from, and these will only serve to skew the data. The survey seems rushed and looks like nobody proof-read it first.

xrnzaaas

Yeah now that you mention it that question about the audio in GT and FM is silly (I must've blacked out when I read it ;p). I'm amazed they didn't improve the sounds in GT despite releasing six games.

TJP

Survey completed ;) Some of the questions were indeed hard to complete given the wording.

Given the questions in relation to options for car classes in the next sim, I do hope many of the class categories are filled out with a lot more cars - I don't see much point covering a tonne of classes with 2-3 cars in each just to tick a box. 2-3 cars is understandable for say DTM but not so much for BTCC. The same goes for tracks...

I haven't kept up with this game. Does the lack of frame rate lock hurt the Xbox One version appreciably? I'd like to get this game, so just curious what the gaf collective thinks.

The frame rate is pretty solid now after the numerous updates. Not really an issue IMO. I'm sure if you put a grid of 40 cars or do in there rain it will struggle, but outside of extreme cases it is good.

Mascot

DLC is out for around a fiver, I think. Edit: £6.19.

Project CARS continues its commitment to deliver fresh new content and updates via its ON DEMAND programme today with the release of the Classic Lotus Track Expansion featuring four historic Classic Team Lotus cars and three historic locations to drive them on. Historic Classic Team Lotus cars: - 1965 Lotus Type 40 Ford - 1963 Lotus Type 25 Climax (F1) - 1966 Lotus Type 38 Ford (Indy) - 1967 Lotus Type 51 (FF) Historic locations: - Rouen les Essarts - Hockenheim Classic - Silverstone Classic

Mascot

I asked on the pCARS forums, but does anyone know what happened to the Scottish track that was supposed to have been released a couple of months ago?

Mascot

Getting well and truly fed up with this game crashing. A new one after downloading the DLC: game went into slow motion mode, like 5fps, and wouldn't let me leave the pits.

TheMan

for those who have bought the latest dlc: are the cars a big of a pain in the ass to control as the old lotus we already have?

xrnzaaas

I was wrong. It turns out that the Rouen les Essarts track is the goddamn best thing in this DLC. So much fun. And by the way, they should rename it to "touch the kerb and you fucking die". :) It's really challenging, but really fun at the same time, even when you use modern cars.

Hockenheim Classic is as good as I remembered. Reminds you how crappy the current version of the track is. Couldn't care less about the old or new Silverstone.

Haven't properly tested all of the cars yet, but the Type 40 Ford seems like the best one and it's not that horrible to drive.

danowat

Banned
I've heard it's a problem with the Silverstone Classic track. Bloody annoying.

Strange it's not affecting everyone though? Is it specific to a particular car on that track?

I'll probably regret saying it, but I've not had any crashes in a while.....

drotahorror

Kept wondering if I should get this for PC or PS4 since they're both around the same price. My pc is not great but thank goodness for steam refunds. Gonna give it a shot in an hour or so.

xrnzaaas

Kept wondering if I should get this for PC or PS4 since they're both around the same price. My pc is not great but thank goodness for steam refunds. Gonna give it a shot in an hour or so.

PS4 version is probably around high settings of the PC version (below ultra settings). It also depends on if you own a steering wheel or if you want to play using a controller. Also it's good to remember that playing online on PS4 requires the PS+ subscription.

drotahorror

Actually have all that (well, wheel for xmas) and it'll work on PC and PS4. Would prefer to have it on PC. Bout to fire it up. Hard to find current 7950 benchmarks.

fresquito

PS4 version is probably around high settings of the PC version (below ultra settings). It also depends on if you own a steering wheel or if you want to play using a controller. Also it's good to remember that playing online on PS4 requires the PS+ subscription.
Not really. It's a mix. Some things are high, some low, some console customized.

BTW, the new DLC is awesome. Rouen is such a beautiful and fun track.

Blizzard

Banned
I just got an email today telling me to check the forum -- the next member payment is happening in about a week, so make sure your PayPal information is correct.

DieH@rd

Banned
I just got an email today telling me to check the forum -- the next member payment is happening in about a week, so make sure your PayPal information is correct.

And not a bad amount this time. :) Hopefully there will be upswing of pcars sales in current [holiday] quarter.

Mascot

Good to see such a broken game doing so well.

Imagine what sales would have been like if it actually worked as intended?

Top Bottom