• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Project CARS | OT | Made by 80.000 slightly mad developers

fresquito

I'll get around to them all eventually..! :p

Most (almost all) of my racing is in a private MP lobby and we have been guilty of sticking to the same GT3 cars for far too long. We've only just discovered the unbridled joy that is DTM, for example...!
We at LFO Club organise semi-random races.

ohaADGn.png

http://randomnumbergenerator.intemodino.com/es/generador-de-numeros-al-azar.html

That's all you need. You random a car, random a circuit, pick the layout that better fits the car and race. There're some times that you need to repick a circuit because you've got Road D@Bathurst lol But I garantee this thing is gold for discovering awesome combos and be surprised by cars you'd never expect to be so good.

Cars in red are our community's favorites.

Edit: For extra surprising experience we pick Real Weather and random the hour. Soooooooo goooood.

xrnzaaas

Is it just me or have the esports topics taken over the pCARS news on their website and Facebook profile? I hope they won't focus on improving and showing off only this part of the game, because I don't find it interesting at all. :)

Mascot

We at LFO Club organise semi-random races.

ohaADGn.png

http://randomnumbergenerator.intemodino.com/es/generador-de-numeros-al-azar.html

That's all you need. You random a car, random a circuit, pick the layout that better fits the car and race. There're some times that you need to repick a circuit because you've got Road D@Bathurst lol But I garantee this thing is gold for discovering awesome combos and be surprised by cars you'd never expect to be so good.

Cars in red are our community's favorites.

Edit: For extra surprising experience we pick Real Weather and random the hour. Soooooooo goooood.

Good idea - I like it!

fresquito

Is it just me or have the esports topics taken over the pCARS news on their website and Facebook profile? I hope they won't focus on improving and showing off only this part of the game, because I don't find it interesting at all. :)
It's a joke. I like eSports as much as the next guy. But promoting they're eSports when aficionados like us can't even organise an amateur league with full garantees is nothing but charade. There's no working penalty system inh the game, for God's sake! You need to trust in okayers goo will if you want to make a clean race, because there's absolutely no way to review actions with the broken replay system. Very far from what you'd call professional. But hey, they promote the thing and some people will be tricked in believing Project CARS is something that it is not. At the same time, SMS keep ignoring us, communities that want to do serious things. They don't provide any tools, any help or any solution to the problems we find. But you know, we dedicated players are but a small fraction of the customers, so what are we to ask for anything?

fresquito

As much as I like real circuits, I like Sakitto over Suzuka. It's the fastest track and the old last turn is so, so, so much better than the chicane.

Juicy Bob

As much as I like real circuits, I like Sakitto over Suzuka. It's the fastest track and the old last turn is so, so, so much better than the chicane.
I'd love to see more 'idealised' versions of real racing circuits like that. In all racing games. After all, you don't have to worry about safety in games.

TJP

AM Track pack: http://store.steampowered.com/app/334781/

Included content:
Mojave is a private testing ground secluded in the wilderness of Nevada
1959 Aston Martin DBR1
2009 Aston Martin DBR1-2
2014 Aston Martin Vantage GTE

Logitech liveries pack: http://store.steampowered.com/app/372900/

Spiel:
Represent your favourite North American eSports team out on the track with six stunning liveries for Cloud 9 and Team SoloMid and a stunning Logitech Gaming X-ray livery created by the talented artists at Slightly Mad Studios.
Access the liveries in-game by selecting them in My Garage on the following cars… Pagani Zonda R, Ford Mustang Boss 302R, BMW M3 GT4, Ginetta G55 GT3, Marek RP339h LMP1 , RWD P30 LMP1, Ruf RGT-8 GT3.

xrnzaaas

Hm, 5,50€ for 1 track and 2 brand new cars (GT2 Vantage isn't that big of a deal imo since we already have GT3 and GT4 models). I think I'll pass. It's good news that the Merc will be a free car.

danowat

Banned
Quite surprised just how fun some of the test track circuits are, there is one, gila rise or something, that's a lot of fun in GT cars.

danowat

Banned
Is it true you can't race the test track online? And that you can't lap the oval?

The huge oval on the perimeter?, you can lap it, but only in the full track configuration, so you don't get lap times for it.

Not sure about online though, didn't check.

Mascot

I think I might skip this pack. Test track seems like a wasted opportunity and I don't really need any more cars. Loads of bug reports too.

Mascot

Anyone notice that a PAID liveries pack was released (on PSN)? Wtf? I'm supposed to pay for a Logitech commercial?

It's unfortunate but SMS were forced to charge for them by Logitech because they were originally a free giveaway for any suckers who bought one of their new wheels.

I guess having the choice to buy them is better than no option at all. I'm guessing they might be released free further down the line.

fresquito

I'm in love.

We at LFO Club are doing an endurance race with the Yellowbird at Nords, come mid October. For the last few days we've been practicing in a way that I had never practiced before. We gather out of the pits and go through the track like we're in a track day. We enjoy ourselves, push here and calm down there. We don't overtake, but we are playful with each other. We go back to pits and start over again. Little by little we start to make it more fast, but no overtaking yet. Then we go all out. The slower drivers ahead, the fastest behind, and we let overtaking be. By that time we're three hours in and we're still enjoying ourselves.

This game is flawed in a lot of ways, but it's gold when it comes down to the on the track action. It just feels so damn good. I'm much looking forward to this endurance race with day-night-day cycle and Real Weather. It's gonna be soooo goood.

In case anybody wants to join, here's the info: http://lfoclub.com/forolfo/showthread.php?tid=475

ugAeGwq.jpg

Klocker

I'm in love.

We at LFO Club are doing an endurance race with the Yellowbird at Nords, come mid October. For the last few days we've been practicing in a way that I had never practiced before. We gather out of the pits and go through the track like we're in a track day. We enjoy ourselves, push here and calm down there. We don't overtake, but we are playful with each other. We go back to pits and start over again. Little by little we start to make it more fast, but no overtaking yet. Then we go all out. The slower drivers ahead, the fastest behind, and we let overtaking be. By that time we're three hours in and we're still enjoying ourselves.

]
Holy shit I need a cigarette after that

dat foreplay

Newlove

Is there any way to skip qualifying without being last on the grid? I thought simulating to the next session would actually simulate an AI driver putting in some effort.

Mascot

Is there any way to skip qualifying without being last on the grid? I thought simulating to the next session would actually simulate an AI driver putting in some effort.

I'd really like SMS to add random grid positions for MP races. Sometimes when time is tight we just want to skip qualifying altogether and just have five minutes of warm up to set fuel, tyres etc before getting stuck into the race (where the real fun is), but the grid positions are always the same based on the order in which you joined the lobby (ie host in pole, then cascading).

Seriously, how bloody hard would it have been to generate random positions?

fresquito

I'd really like SMS to add random grid positions for MP races. Sometimes when time is tight we just want to skip qualifying altogether and just have five minutes of warm up to set fuel, tyres etc before getting stuck into the race (where the real fun is), but the grid positions are always the same based on the order in which you joined the lobby (ie host in pole, then cascading).

Seriously, how bloody hard would it have been to generate random positions?
That's odd. This is how it worked like a year ago on PC, then it got changed and now it is random. I'd rather have things the wayyou have them than alwayss random. For league racing certainly always random (when there's no Q) is not good.

Mascot

That's odd. This is how it worked like a year ago on PC, then it got changed and now it is random. I'd rather have things the wayyou have them than alwayss random. For league racing certainly always random (when there's no Q) is not good.
I'm not sure I understand..? You don't want random grid positions if quali is skipped?

Jamesways

And coming to Project CARS..?

I saw this teased on fb on the unofficial page, so probably!

And that's fantastic if it is.

Edit- Kie, pulling myself away from Bloodborne finally, eager to try some of your set ups the next few days.

Thank you so much for continuing to post them here (I'm subscribed, just a good reminder in this thread too).

Top Bottom